• Jun 30th, 2010 4:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes

HOT: Save 8% on GAS (Ontario)

If you're in Ontario, I'd HIGHLY recommend you fill up your tank TODAY... because as of TOMORROW, we'll all be paying 8% MORE for it because of the frakking HST!!
So long. I'm outta here.
13 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Not a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2823 posts
460 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Not a hot deal.
+1. This should be in the shopping discussion forum. See this post, for instance: hst-gas-warning-08-tommorow-908226/ which had belonged to Hot Deals but was moved to the proper forum.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
mudd_stuffin wrote: +1. This should be in the shopping discussion forum. See this post, for instance: hst-gas-warning-08-tommorow-908226/ which had belonged to Hot Deals but was moved to the proper forum.
More people check hot deals.

This is a public service announcement for anyone who may have not realized we'll be taking it up the a$$ as of tomorrow on gas!!
So long. I'm outta here.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Thanks OP for the reminder. This is the 2nd post I've seen posted on Hot Deals.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
1152 posts
72 upvotes
d_jedi wrote: This is a public service announcement for anyone who may have not realized we'll be taking it up the a$$ as of tomorrow on gas!!
While I agree with millions that the HST is going to suck isn't your reaction a tad dramatic.... :twisted:

I mean c'mon...
Average car has 60ish litres in the tank... At $1 per litre you are looking at another $4.80 per fillup.... You telling me you don't save enough using this website to be able to shell (get it? Shell!) out another $5 a week?

Obviously there are people that have 120L tanks and there are people that fill up their car 18 times a week... but people STOP THE DRAMA!!! =P
Well, here is what I think...
POST Deleted... Reason: irrelevant
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2006
6223 posts
10182 upvotes
Ontario
d_jedi wrote: More people check hot deals.

This is a public service announcement for anyone who may have not realized we'll be taking it up the a$$ as of tomorrow on gas!!
I agree. That's why I originally posted in Hot Deals a week ago.

Mods locked my thread but I PM'ed them to at least move to the Shopping Discussion (which they did)
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
2823 posts
460 upvotes
That is not a valid reason to post in the wrong forum. In any event, it is just a matter of time before this gets moved to the right forum in which case "more people" would not see your thread anyway.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9545 posts
960 upvotes
psweitzer wrote: While I agree with millions that the HST is going to suck isn't your reaction a tad dramatic.... :twisted:

I mean c'mon...
Average car has 60ish litres in the tank... At $1 per litre you are looking at another $4.80 per fillup.... You telling me you don't save enough using this website to be able to shell (get it? Shell!) out another $5 a week?

Obviously there are people that have 120L tanks and there are people that fill up their car 18 times a week... but people STOP THE DRAMA!!! =P
It`s even less than that...in your scenario, you pay $4.57 more (every penny counts, right? :-P)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1168 posts
53 upvotes
psweitzer wrote: While I agree with millions that the HST is going to suck isn't your reaction a tad dramatic.... :twisted:

I mean c'mon...

$20 a month on gas, $20 a month on electric bills, we're talking death by a thousand cuts here. It doesn't take long, when you add it all up, to realize that someone making minimum wage has to work almost an extra day a week to afford the HST.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
1152 posts
72 upvotes
rems wrote: It`s even less than that...in your scenario, you pay $4.57 more (every penny counts, right? :-P)
HOLY CRAP!!! You just saved me another 23 cents!!!!
Now I can afford that operation I've always needed!!! :lol:
Well, here is what I think...
POST Deleted... Reason: irrelevant
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
Not really.. 8% extra on gas is only the tip of the iceberg. So many things will cost so much more because of McDipstick.
So long. I'm outta here.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto

listen to the other users. it's also a repost.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)