Computers & Electronics

I am planning to buy this computer case, good idea?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2010 1:42 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto

I am planning to buy this computer case, good idea?

I am planning to pick this up: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... -_-Product

I like it because it is a small case with a clean look in front. So what do you think? I am planning to put in my motherboard with CPU (AMD Athlon II X3 425), 1 SATA drive, and 1 SSD, that is all. The power supply is good right?

Just also want to know if there are other similar style of computer cases I could consider, that would be helpful.

Thanks RFD.
enon
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1222 posts
420 upvotes
i had one of these and it can't even power an

Gigabyte 785G with AMD Athlon 240 + 1 hard drive + 1 dvd-rw (with onboard video) - or that it will run 1 day and pop the next day, went thru RMA twice and it was no fun. bought another case instead....
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2002
1736 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
Only thing to consider is it'll probably be pretty loud =\
⬅⬇⬆➡
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4250 posts
460 upvotes
275W no-name PSU is never a good idea, not even for what you're looking to run. Obviously you don't need much power at all so pretty much the lowest wattage decent brand would work.
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
The people who bought seem to be fine with it. The reviews are mostly good.
enon
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Seems Okay? Except that there is a lot of complaints claiming the fan is to loud and that most of them had to replace it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
enon wrote: The people who bought seem to be fine with it. The reviews are mostly good.
Rule 1, never read the positive reviews on Newegg and Tigerdirect, ignore them, read the complaints instead and see if they're all common. If they're all the same kind of issue, then that's a serious problem.
Signature removed due to rule violation

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)