• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2010 5:26 am
Tags:
None
Nov 18, 2008
399 posts
28 upvotes

EB trade in promotion/system question

I tried googling and searching the forums for more information about the trade in promotion, but without avail, so heres my question:

I know EB has a trade 3 get 1 free as long as 3 traded in game are 8$ min TIV, but I came across old posts mentioning a trade 2 get 1 9.99/14.99/19.99 depending on the MSRP of the game, but it was a year ago and I don't know if this was a limited time thing or if it is now a full time trade in system at EB, so what I want to know is if this trade in system is in effect permanently (as in not limited time from post 1 year ago) . If anyone can answer that, thanks for your help.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2004
1749 posts
325 upvotes
I'm not sure if it is a permanent thing however it seems to be happening just after a game's release date (many call it a tier trade in). Typically games get bumped to $25 each and you pay the difference. (e.g. T2 @ $25 each then pay $19.99 for a $69.99 game). Usually the games are listed under the trade in offer link on the gamestop.ca site: http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/

There are some listed right now (probably more in-store)

Sports Blitzzzz.........
Trade in 2 games and get any one of the following titles for only $19.99
•Madden 11
•UFC 2010
•2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa
•Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
*Applies to titles with a minimum $8 trade value only. Valid on PlayStation 3, PSP, Wii, Nintendo DS and Xbox 360 games. Games must include boxes and instructions. Refurbishing charges may apply. No duplicate titles accepted. Some titles may be excluded. No dealers please. Offer may be discontinued at any time. Limit one per customer. Offer valid in Canada only. See in store for details.

Hope this helps...
Sword of Omens....Give me deals beyond deals!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
the trade 2 + $xx is a promo they have from time to time but it only applies to games on a list. you'll have to ask for that one
have you seen boxing day? if you have any infos that can help us locate him, please contact us @ 1‒800‒867‒5309

(V)^,,,,^(V) woop woop woop woop woop
flashy_mcflash wrote: haha. Though seriously, what a ridiculous year for CG to be trendy. If there was one year NOT to spend $600 on a coat, it was this winter.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Fysloc wrote: I tried googling and searching the forums for more information about the trade in promotion, but without avail, so heres my question:

I know EB has a trade 3 get 1 free as long as 3 traded in game are 8$ min TIV, but I came across old posts mentioning a trade 2 get 1 9.99/14.99/19.99 depending on the MSRP of the game, but it was a year ago and I don't know if this was a limited time thing or if it is now a full time trade in system at EB, so what I want to know is if this trade in system is in effect permanently (as in not limited time from post 1 year ago) . If anyone can answer that, thanks for your help.
Its suppose to be limited time (monthly promotion) but some reps or even store extends it. Its YMMV for T2 = 50 (+ whatever the MSRP is) so it all depends on your luck. It should now be removed from the system but reps still can overwrite the trade in value to 25 (each) for T2 + x.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)