Computers & Electronics

POLL: Which would you buy... MacBook pro 17" vs Asus G73JH-A3

Poll: Which machine would you buy?

• Total votes: 30. You have voted on this poll.
Asus R.o.G. G73Jh-A3

47%
MacBook pro 17"

33%
Neither.

20%
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough

POLL: Which would you buy... MacBook pro 17" vs Asus G73JH-A3

Asus ROG G73Jh-A3 ........ < Click On A Link > ........ MacBook Pro

With the G73, for $1,250 less, you get a machine that outstrips the MacBook Pro.

My question is - WHY would you spend more for less?
15 replies
Deal Addict
May 4, 2004
1721 posts
14 upvotes
RFD Achievement unlocked --- Flaming Apple deal, less is actually more~
RFD Achievement unlocked --- You're not Apple fanboi!

_Allan_ wrote: Image
Asus ROG G73Jh-A3 ........ < Click On A Link > ........ MacBook Pro

With the G73, for $1,250 less, you get a machine that outstrips the MacBook Pro.

--------------

My Heatware - tonychau
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
tonychau wrote: RFD Achievement unlocked --- Flaming Apple deal, less is actually more~
RFD Achievement unlocked --- You're not Apple fanboi!
Don't blame me, because Apple doesn't give their customers a better PC!
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
_Allan_ wrote: Don't blame me, because Apple doesn't give their customers a better PC!
I dislike Apple for the most part (full disclosure: I am very much a Windows guy), but now you're just trolling. Know how I know you're trolling? You just bought a G73 and wish to justify the purchase. Each system has its own pros and cons and cannot be directly compared to one another. The Macbook has the unibody build quality and minimalist style (in contrast to the gaudy Asus gaming "laptop"), whereas the Asus gives you a ton more power. The list goes on, but I'll let the real fanboys bicker about specs and biased experiences.

If you put that table together yourself, and came up with the "Intel DUO Core i7" terminology, you've just thrown your credibility out the window.
Deal with it.
Dec 23, 2007
329 posts
26 upvotes
This isnt a legitimate question, its an ego boost.......

You already have the Asus (according to your sig)

This is merely a "is my laptop better than a $3000 mac book...."

Cool Story Bro
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
1544 posts
6 upvotes
Richmond Hill
_Allan_ wrote:

LOL you're a loser
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2764 posts
387 upvotes
Calgary
Neither. Spending that much on a laptop is dumb.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 9, 2003
9283 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Spending $2000 or more on a laptop is a bad idea by itself. Both machines are way too large, heavy and un-portable. Don't even get me started on the battery life.

Do you have any idea what kind of powerful desktop you could build with $2000?!?!!?
Machine: AMD 7950X3D | Asus X670E-E | 64GB Corsair DDR5-6000 | 4 + 2TB WD SN850X NVMe | 6TB WD Black | 16 + 14TB WD Gold | Corsair 7000D | Corsair RM850x | Asus RTX 4070 Super | 2 x 32" ViewSonic VX3276-2K-MHD | Win11 Pro 64-bit
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2578 posts
148 upvotes
_Allan_ wrote: Don't blame me, because Apple doesn't give their customers a better PC!
seems your decision is made. worthless thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
139 upvotes
Trust me man, as an owner of a Macbook Pro, they're really just average performing machines in a pretty package designed to lure customers.

It has served me well for 4 years, and it still looks great though.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2134 posts
191 upvotes
Canada
_Allan_ wrote:

Your sig
Things I've won:
2009: $120 from a scratch and win OLG ticket
2010: $1900 Asus G73Jh-A3 and Flip HD from Seagate
So according to your sig....you won a Asus G73Jh-A3 and you are comparing prices?
Feb 15, 2008
6 posts
This is a stupid apple bashing thread that is unwarranted. Two different PC's with different specs for different people who want to operate laptops for different purposes. Try comparing a gaming laptop to another gaming laptop. Its nice of you to make that table.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4415 posts
532 upvotes
KorruptioN wrote: I dislike Apple for the most part (full disclosure: I am very much a Windows guy), but now you're just trolling. Know how I know you're trolling? You just bought a G73 and wish to justify the purchase. Each system has its own pros and cons and cannot be directly compared to one another. The Macbook has the unibody build quality and minimalist style (in contrast to the gaudy Asus gaming "laptop"), whereas the Asus gives you a ton more power. The list goes on, but I'll let the real fanboys bicker about specs and biased experiences.

If you put that table together yourself, and came up with the "Intel DUO Core i7" terminology, you've just thrown your credibility out the window.

Everyone should vote for the macbook pro or neither to piss op off.
Dec 23, 2007
329 posts
26 upvotes
_Allan_ wrote: Get an Asus Republic of Gaming G73Jh-A3 (make sure it's the A3, for the Momentus XT Hybrid drives) for around $1900CAD.
Great advice in the other thread........... :lol: :lol:
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
Ben31 wrote: Your sig

So according to your sig....you won a Asus G73Jh-A3 and you are comparing prices?
I think OP is deciding which one is better because I think he offered to sell the asus (even though it wasn't something i was looking for. lol) on my search for a laptop thread. lol
_Allan_ wrote: if you're going for an i7 machine, with mac price, contact me in a week. I have an Asus G73Jh-A3 coming, and may sell it for $1800 or so.
help-looking-laptop-university-921768/