• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2010 12:03 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 28, 2005
135 posts

Wireless Router

Hey guys,
I need help with Wireless Router I have no idea which one to pick there is soo many to choose from!

However, I have a list of what I want from a router
Things that im looking for:

-Wireless N

-This router will be connected simultaneously with 3 user over wireless all the time

-Printer if possible to be connect to the router although the printer is not wireless so maybe by usb

-gaming in wireless since its laptop so lag free if possible not looking for conection drop lol

-The ISP is Rogers with 10mb with a modem

-for the price I can spent around 80-120$

Anyways I hope some one will help me to point out at the right door to choose a good router

Thank you for your help
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
If your devices... Laptops/computers don't have a Wireless-N network card then there is no reason for you to buy a wireless N Router. Which in that case i would suggest a Linksys WRT54GL

However if you have wireless N devices I would pick up an Asus router not sure about the exact model but i have heard very good things about them.
Sep 28, 2005
135 posts
sickcars wrote: If your devices... Laptops/computers don't have a Wireless-N network card then there is no reason for you to buy a wireless N Router. Which in that case i would suggest a Linksys WRT54GL

However if you have wireless N devices I would pick up an Asus router not sure about the exact model but i have heard very good things about them.
thx for the reply im going to look into that the netbook and notbook are both g and n well i guess im going to get a really good N for futureproof

:lol:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
sickcars is probably referring to the Asus RT-N16. It's an N router with two USB ports and also supports third party firmware such as TomatoUSB and DD-WRT.

It's a much more powerful router than the WRT54GL.

I believe it's going for $89.99 at CanadaComputers. That's the only place I've checked so far though. Seems to only be $20 more than the WRT54GL
Dec 30, 2007
655 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Dave98 wrote: sickcars is probably referring to the Asus RT-N16. It's an N router with two USB ports and also supports third party firmware such as TomatoUSB and DD-WRT.

It's a much more powerful router than the WRT54GL.

I believe it's going for $89.99 at CanadaComputers. That's the only place I've checked so far though. Seems to only be $20 more than the WRT54GL
How is WRT320N available at Costco? Where I can find WRT54GL?

I currently do not have wireless at home. Will be migrating to Teksavvy shortly, thought of getting wireless as well as I just bought a note book(with N) and want to stream movies on my LCD tv. I am not sure whether WRT54GL is good for me. Thanks for comments