Tags:
None
Nov 21, 2007
336 posts
62 upvotes
Antigonish County, N…

Eastlink Bundle Retention Deals ??

Hi Folks,

Bell has a flyer out advertising a watch surf & talk bundle for $99.

http://public.bellaliant.net/bundles/ns/

Has anyone tried Eastlink on a retentions call to match or better?

I just checked and Eastlink (Maritimes) have this bundle on sale for $104 but have an asterisk indicating its for new customers only.

http://eastlink.ca/specials/residential ... /index.asp

Without doing an extensive review i think Bell has more HD.

Me thinks that Eastlink won’t budge and I’ll have to jump ship to save any dollars. Are there any other maritime RFD’ers that have had luck with Eastlink retentions deals?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
I have walked into the physical Eastlink storefront and gotten them to match the $99 promo even though I am an existing customer. Never had any luck over the phone. That being said, I am really thinking about dumping TV and phone and just keeping hi speed from Eastlink or maybe going to Bell. I just would like to be able to keep my existing phone number and port it to a cheap voip service or something.
Jul 8, 2006
57 posts
1 upvote
baillieul wrote: That being said, I am really thinking about dumping TV and phone and just keeping hi speed from Eastlink or maybe going to Bell.
If you only have Internet, Bell will charge you an extra $10. I got out of it on my last 1 yr contract, but then it came back and I didn't feel like arguing about it every year, so I switched to Eastlink.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
R2P2 wrote: If you only have Internet, Bell will charge you an extra $10. I got out of it on my last 1 yr contract, but then it came back and I didn't feel like arguing about it every year, so I switched to Eastlink.
ok. Once I get the phone thing sorted I just drop TV and phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2006
1594 posts
399 upvotes
Ottawa
baillieul wrote: I have walked into the physical Eastlink storefront and gotten them to match the $99 promo even though I am an existing customer. .

which store was that ? .. they never price match over the phone with existing customers .. pls advice.. thx
Nov 21, 2007
336 posts
62 upvotes
Antigonish County, N…
i also got a close match on this over the phone. Eastlink call their retentions dept - Resolve.
i was happy with my savings.
Feb 2, 2009
113 posts
39 upvotes
Halifax
I called last year and got them to match Bell's price over the phone no problem. However they don't tell you at the time that it's only a short term promotion. Expired now, and my price is back up to the full $130 + $20 for the HD package. Called in again, even though Bell still has the same deal on they said since I'm just coming off a promotion that they can't start up another one. Best I could get was 10 bucks off a DVR. A bit fed up, as $174 a month after tax is getting pretty pricey. Bell has HD for free for the first 3 months as well with the one year commitment.
Nov 21, 2007
336 posts
62 upvotes
Antigonish County, N…
EastCoastMetro wrote: I called last year and got them to match Bell's price over the phone no problem. However they don't tell you at the time that it's only a short term promotion. Expired now, and my price is back up to the full $130 + $20 for the HD package. Called in again, even though Bell still has the same deal on they said since I'm just coming off a promotion that they can't start up another one. Best I could get was 10 bucks off a DVR. A bit fed up, as $174 a month after tax is getting pretty pricey. Bell has HD for free for the first 3 months as well with the one year commitment.

Well eastcoastmetro - depending on how long since it expired it might work. As i posted earlier - My Bell match ran out in late June and i was able to get a "new match" in late Aug, or early Sept based on Bells new flyer. I'm at roughly $135(tx in) this includes the reg bundle , dvr ,and extra hd channels.