Personal Finance

ING Direct: "We are no longer processing payments to MBNA CANADA - MASTERCARD" ??????

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2010 11:19 am
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes

ING Direct: "We are no longer processing payments to MBNA CANADA - MASTERCARD" ??????

[QUOTE]Hi XXX,

We are no longer processing payments to MBNA CANADA - MASTERCARD. MBNA CANADA - MASTERCARD was set up as a payee on your payee list and has been removed. Please note that future-dated payments have also been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ING DIRECT
save your money[/QUOTE]

What the hell?
13 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
I also got a bunch of emails from ING Direct, ALL my payee list has been deleted automatically by ING. Here is what it says:

"We are no longer processing payments to MBNA CANADA - MASTERCARD. MBNA CANADA - MASTERCARD was set up as a payee on your payee list and has been removed. Please note that future-dated payments have also been cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Not sure what is going on here.
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
Well, I just talked to ING and it seems there is a glitch and they are working on it. I have also been told that they all had ING chequing accounts for a year and half now and all testing was done then.

They said we should receive an email once the problem is fixed. I am not sweating it.
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
guessaaa wrote: Well you would be if your payment is due Monday.
Right, but why would you wait until Saturday morning if your payment is due on Monday. On top of that, we all know the account is offered on preview basis meaning you should not yet be closing your original account or expect all to go smoothly. Anyway, it is your call, I am still not sweating it.
Jul 12, 2010
50 posts
Just checked account, they all seem to be back.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
LOL, I guess this is the side effect of being a beta tester for a bank! :lol:
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: LOL, I guess this is the side effect of being a beta tester for a bank! :lol:

+1 :)
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Jul 12, 2010
50 posts
Just received this e-mail @ 4:53 ADT
[QUOTE]Hi Saver,

You may have noticed email alerts this morning saying payees had been removed from your THRiVE Chequing Account. We had a small glitch but it has since been resolved. Your payee list has been restored and everything is back to normal. Thanks for your patience and understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

ING DIRECT
save your money

At ING DIRECT, we respect your privacy and the privacy of others. To read our privacy code, visit ingdirect.ca/en/privacy/index.html.[/QUOTE]
Nov 12, 2009
295 posts
78 upvotes
Best tester or not, if it is not for those emails alerts, I would not have known that this has happened, apart from chances of reading on RFD.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1884 posts
230 upvotes
Avenger wrote: I would be a little more punctual with my payments :)

Paying on the due date does not make it late.
youtube101 wrote: Right, but why would you wait until Saturday morning if your payment is due on Monday. On top of that, we all know the account is offered on preview basis meaning you should not yet be closing your original account or expect all to go smoothly. Anyway, it is your call, I am still not sweating it.

Because a post-dated payment was set? And you're basically saying that people shouldn't use the account for what it's intended use is because it's not "ready". Why use the account at all then?
Jun 6, 2009
981 posts
607 upvotes
guessaaa wrote: And you're basically saying that people shouldn't use the account for what it's intended use is because it's not "ready". Why use the account at all then?

What he's saying is you should have a backup in case something like this happens, at least until the testing for this new product has been thoroughly done.