• Sep 27th, 2010 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 1, 2010
107 posts
29 upvotes
Mississauga/Brampton

No Frills now to price match other stores

Seems like the first grocery store to do this.

No Frills (GTA only AFAIK) is now saying they will price match other competitors in the area. Good idea for those that look through the flyers each weekend -now you can just clip 'em and take them to one place.

All the best!

www.shopnofrills.ca
18 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2930 posts
621 upvotes
Ajax
Had them decline to price match Canadian Tire food flyer so YMMV
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4423 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
SummerGold wrote: Seems like the first grocery store to do this.

No Frills (GTA only AFAIK) is now saying they will price match other competitors in the area. Good idea for those that look through the flyers each weekend -now you can just clip 'em and take them to one place.

All the best!

www.shopnofrills.ca

:lol: Where have u been?

This is old news. And by the walmart was the first!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4516 posts
159 upvotes
TinyTank wrote: :lol: Where have u been?

This is old news. And by the walmart was the first!

yea com'on, the tv commercials have been on a while too in case that's how u found out

this probably belongs in shopping discussion too vs hot deal
Jun 17, 2006
980 posts
57 upvotes
Bethel
The NoFrills in my area clearly informed me they will ONLY price match the MAIN PAGE of a competitors flyer.

How's that for the fine print? :lol:
Let us, in short, do the work that is before us so that when our time here is over, we will all watch the sun go down, as we all must, and say truly that we have prepared our children for the dawn. -Bill Clinton, Aug 30, 1996

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. Mat 13:30
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
Who cares about PM'ing?

Unless they beat it by x%, then what is the incentive to shop there? At least with stores like BB and FS there is that 10% off of the PM difference as an additional incentive to want to shop there.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8910 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
gostinger wrote: Had them decline to price match Canadian Tire food flyer so YMMV

CT isn't a store they will match against, doesn't matter which location.
Jun 28, 2004
248 posts
21 upvotes
North Bay
They price matched for me the other day but it seemed to be a purposely slow process. They wrote down each item, competitor's name and price on a separate piece of paper. I was relieved that the store was not busy at the time and I can't see myself doing it much in the future.
Jan 2, 2009
793 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
They only do "grocery stores" in the area. Walmart supercenter is not included... even though its literally 20m away at dufferin mall
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
Chr1s wrote: The NoFrills in my area clearly informed me they will ONLY price match the MAIN PAGE of a competitors flyer.

How's that for the fine print? :lol:
IIRC, back when no frills started doing PM early spring-ish, the flyer mentioned they would on PM items on the front page of their flyer. At the time the only had like 3 or 4 items on the front @.@
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Oct 22, 2006
749 posts
599 upvotes
Ontario
Nook wrote: Magmic !
Retardation in the family genes much?

WTF does a mobile games company have to do with this post?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
dollarsign wrote: Retardation in the family genes much?

WTF does a mobile games company have to do with this post?
I was sarcastically implying that it was magmic hot, or hot like magma. Yes, I know the term 'magmic' is not a real one but since you couldn't differentiate it from the repeated use of the word 'magma' to describe deals on RFD..

I suppose the retardation gene must've been homozygous dominant in your family. :facepalm:
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12037 posts
5142 upvotes
GlossyPianoBlack wrote: and they don't price match Loblaws because Loblaws is not a competitor > :(

Loblaws owns them and RCSS, and by the sound of it, No Frills is got the same PM policy b.s. as the other two stores.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
Repost. This was posted back in June when they first started this and has been reposted since. See the original thread here where some reported on their PM attempts.