• Oct 4th, 2010 3:29 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 3, 2010
1 posts
Scottsdale

Intro-ReFlag - iReel Scam

Hi All

I'm Dana, and I'm new to RedFlags ... I would like to warn those of you who have not yet run into a scam site called iReel... Watch out and beware, they are scam artist... I had a trial for 5 days and was not supposed to be charged but later I noticed on my account a charge for 99 cents, then 39.95 ... And again today another 99 cent charge, so I went to my bank and cancelled my debit card and applied for a new one ... Another thing, the movies on the site are ones that no one has ever heard of, foreign and NO good ... They have added self made movies that are just terrible...LOL. Do not fall for it and remember when you receive deals online to your inbox check the internet to see if the site has been reported as a scam and if it's no good, believe me someone has written something bad about it ... LOL
4 replies
Aug 31, 2008
164 posts
12 upvotes
Did you cancel the account before the 5 days was up? The service will automatically renew for $40 if you do not cancel. As to the 99 cent charges, they are probably inquiries to make sure the card used was valid.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
per site's FAQ
As indicated during the signup process, the 5-Day trial gives you free access to our Premium services for five days. To avoid service interruptions, your trial membership automatically renews as a monthly Premium membership, billed at $39.95 per month, unless cancelled before the trial expires.

I would never trust any site that would allow me to pay via debit card, I never knew that was even an option...
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Aug 31, 2008
164 posts
12 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: I would never trust any site that would allow me to pay via debit card, I never knew that was even an option...

Person is from Scottsdale, which is in Arizona. That would mean that they don't have Interac, so debit cards run on the Visa/MC networks. They can be used as credit cards in these cases.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Great 1st post. Looking forward to your endless stream of opinions and insights you will bring to rfd in the coming weeks. Thanks for coming out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)