• Oct 19th, 2010 12:37 am
Tags:
None
Apr 26, 2007
282 posts
1 upvote

Terrible Bell Internet connection in Markham

Hey RFD,

I have Bell internet service in Markham around Bur Oak and Markham road if you are familiar. I had been speaking with technical support about crappy service in my area, and long story short we arrived at the conclusion that (according to the Bell technician) that I can receive at max about 5mb download. Which is not sufficient to say the least. I was on a 10mbs connection about 2 weeks ago, and we upgraded to the FIBE 16mb plan soon after. The technician i spoke to yesterday who informed me about my 5MB cap, told me that the other rep who switched me to the fibe 16 shouldn't have, even though we had a technician come into my home and check everything out.

Anyways I plan on switching to Rogers, do you guys think i have any grounds to terminate without paying ECF because they can't even provide the services agreed upon, even after technicians have done on and offsite troubleshooting? What would you do?

(ps i had Rogers before so i'm sure they work.)

Thank you in advance for your input.
2 replies
Dec 6, 2008
19 posts
1 upvote
GTA
I had a similar problem. I have Bell Fibe 12 but for a good 5 to 6 days prior October 17th, I was getting a 0.6 mbps download speeds, after testing it from speedtest.net. Needless to say, I called and bitc*ed at technical support, who told me that it was an area wide problem. It's fixed now apparently, but like you, I am jumping ship with Bell. Completely regret getting the service and my whole family complains about it.

Rogers is a little bit pricier, but for the many years I had it, it was the most consistent and fastest connection ever. I don't know why I decided to save the few bucks and go with Bell in the first place :confused: