• Oct 19th, 2010 12:25 am
Tags:
None
Nov 16, 2005
954 posts
2 upvotes

Restoration Hardware experiences??

Hi there,

I am moving to a new house and plan on furnishing it with stuff from Restoration Hardware. Some questions:

1) Rh is kinda expensive. Are there any other stores in the GTA that sell the same classy furnishings as RH? (preferably with a good website)
2) Anyone buy stuff from them? Anything I should know about? how is the quality? Warranty?
3) I'll be getting large items (dinning set, bed set etc) shipped from the states. Any additional charges I should be aware of?
4) any tips on getting a deal? I've never seen any RH coupons or discounts or even websites that will give % back. Am I missing something?

Lastly, anyone have a RH credit they want to sell me??? :)

Thanks
6 replies
Apr 18, 2005
432 posts
75 upvotes
If you call the 1-800 number, they're very good with answering your questions. They were able to tell me what type of wood each piece was made of, calculate all taxes, freight charges, and give me the final price. The CSR said all I'd have to worry about was conversion.

I'd suggest looking at the pieces in store to see how they hold up to wear and tear. People generally kick the legs walking by, try to scratch and dent the tables, etc. to get a good idea of how they might look after a few years.

They generally have clearance sales 25% or more, Christmas, Thanksgiving, lighting, outdoor furniture, etc. I think the last one was something like save $100 off of every $400. If you sign up for their emails, they'll let you know when they're having sales.

http://www.anne-quinn.com/ She does have replica pieces, which aren't exact copies, made of mahogany and you might have to wait a few months, depending on when she can make a full shipment from Indonesia. She can show you actual pieces if you visit her home and has a satisfaction guarantee. Sale prices at RH can come within a few hundred dollars, but then there is the conversion rate. You'd have to look at the total charges a bit more closely.
Nov 16, 2005
954 posts
2 upvotes
Good points Sparrow.

I have visited the flagship store. I like the quality, but unfortunately they don't have the items that I am looking at (especially any baby items). Do the sales apply to online? Maybe I will wait for xmas or boxing week if that will be a better deal.

hoponpop - just checked out http://www.anne-quinn.com/ Nice stuff but I was looking for somthing a bit more rustic. Thanks tho!
Apr 18, 2005
432 posts
75 upvotes
Yes, the mailing list sales definitely apply to online pricing. The baby and child section of their store may require you to sign up for a different mailing list though. You can also sign up to have the catalog delivered to your address.
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
25 upvotes
if you don't see it in store you can order it - i have heard the sales people in the vancouver store at least - telling customers they can ship the item up from the states and duties etc will be applied but they arrange it all

I do know they used to have their furniture made by Mitchell & Gold but its all made in China now or was - they recently reinvented themselves as more upscale and the prices have sure shot up
Dec 18, 2008
949 posts
25 upvotes
you could also try Crate & Barrel they have some nice stuff similiar prices quality

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)