President's Choice Bonus Points Event

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2010 5:51 pm
Tags:
Oct 17, 2010
12 posts
Ontario

President's Choice Bonus Points Event

I heard that President's Choice is having another big bonus points event on October 30 and 31 - does anyone have any information about it? I always wait for these weekends, since the offer is usually really good, I try and stock up on as many groceries as possible. If anyone knows more about it, please respond to my post!
10 replies
Jul 8, 2010
12 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
I have a friend who confirmed this event is definitely happening on October 30th and 31st. It's a 20x bonus event, so it's a big one - worth holding off on shopping for groceries and other items until then. When I have more details I'll come back and share them.
Jul 8, 2010
12 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
I was able to get more info on the promotion - I just found out you can redeem your points for anything that is sold in any of the Loblaw’s stores. I'm going to mega shop on the 30th and 31st - I'm going to stock up on groceries so that I can redeem for stuff from Joe Fresh.
Jan 20, 2009
448 posts
29 upvotes
I hope this won't be a RCSS only.
Jul 8, 2010
12 posts
3 upvotes
Ontario
Jobby - I think this promotion is limited to RCSS locations only.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
I think this is a shill thread.
Started by a brand new user and bumped by an older user who posts about nothing but PC Points. There's guerilla marketing for you!

ATTN: Stealth Marketers
Please make sure your advertising is clear or whether or not the bonuses include gift cards, prepaid phone top-up cards and electronics.
I enjoyed my 20X point on my phone refill but I don't want to make a special trip to RCSS and pick it up if I don't get the points.

I find that the freshness of the fish and seafood products in Loblaws and RCSS is lacking.

Can you please get some premium brands of olive oil?

PC Jam is pretty lame due to its use of high fructose corn syrup.

The quality of the whole grain kaiser buns @ Loblaws has really gone down in the last year.

The Neilsen milk in the dairy section always seems to be close to expiry. My local Druxy's products are 2-3 weeks fresher.

Please start stocking Chef Woo instant noodles.

PC Hazelnut Milk chocolate bars kick ass.

I use MBNA Smart Cash at all Loblaws stores due to the superior points scheme.

PayPass is great!

Please stop stocking expired yogurt at No Frills.

Your stores seem to be lacking in really big, nice quality bagels.

The PC ATMs always seem to be places such that the line-up blocks the path out of the store.

Allow people to trade an amount of PC points LESS THAN 500 for an Interac E-mail money transfer in PC Financial online banking and you'll get more people using PC MasterCard again because it returns a superior ratio to MBNA Smart Cash, and gives something the PC Financial sorely needs (i.e. an EMT without an upfront cost.)

If PC produced a nut-chopper/grinder that is really high quality, hard-to-break, with a manual crank, that would be a huge winner in this market because it doesn't exist.
- casual gastronomist -
Oct 17, 2010
12 posts
Ontario
I received a flyer in the mail today confirming that this event is happening – min spend $150 – that’s not really a big deal since I usually spend $200 anyways by the time I stock up on toilet paper, frozen foods etc. It's happening this weekend - Oct 30 and 31.
Oct 17, 2010
12 posts
Ontario
This bonus points event starts tomorrow, and the RCSS flyer is advertising lots of good sale prices for stuff I usually stock up on. Charmin toilet paper - 24 double rolls, almost $10 off. Time to make room at home!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Are gift cards included?
Oct 17, 2010
12 posts
Ontario
Wiseman wrote: Are gift cards included?
No, I don't think these promotions usually do - the flyer lists some exclusions:

“doesn’t include gift cards, long distance and top-up cards, lottery tickets, tobacco, alcohol or prescription meds or purchases from third-party businesses.”
Oct 17, 2010
12 posts
Ontario
Just got back from my trip to RCSS at Don Mills and Eglinton and got great deals. Diapers are also on sale, and I got my 20x points bonus. Free groceries coming up!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)