Computers & Electronics

I think it may be time to upgrade from our 20" tube tv! Suggestions please!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2010 1:09 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 31, 2010
6 posts
GTA

I think it may be time to upgrade from our 20" tube tv! Suggestions please!

Good Evening All!

Well after being stuck watching tv on a 20" tube (as our main tv!) my wife and I (ok its more for me!) are finally looking into getting something bigger and better!

- I'm looking for something 40"-46" either LCD or LED.
- only digital cable (at least for now), as we dont feel like spending more right now for HD channels
- the PS3 will be used with it a LOT
- something no more than around $1000

I am concidering these two:
Sharp Aquos:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sha ... custReview

or

Sony Bravia:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/son ... c5c0eaen02

My brother has the 40" of the Sharp and quite likes it which is why I am leaning towards that one, as well as there seems to be quite a lot of good reviews for it.

Thanks in Advance,
Adam
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
5131 posts
4925 upvotes
dogday007 wrote: Good Evening All!

Well after being stuck watching tv on a 20" tube (as our main tv!) my wife and I (ok its more for me!) are finally looking into getting something bigger and better!

- I'm looking for something 40"-46" either LCD or LED.
- only digital cable (at least for now), as we dont feel like spending more right now for HD channels
- the PS3 will be used with it a LOT
- something no more than around $1000
A couple of summers ago, I was in the same predicament as yourself. We had an old tube TV, screen a bit bigger than yours, and trying to decide on lcd or plasma. I found one of the best ideas was to come on here, and read the pros and cons. To be honest, I still hadn't come to a decision, but I knew which brands I was interested in, after reading quite a few of the posters comments. I ended up buying a 42" Panasonic plasma, not because I thought it might be better than an LCD, but because it was one of the brands and models I was interested in, and it just happened to be on sale that particular day in Walmart. Anyhow, I knew beforehand what to look for in the stores, so it's best to do your homework first. That narrows the choices. Good luck in your hunt

Oh, and my wife and I don't miss the old tube tv either. :)
Aug 31, 2010
6 posts
GTA
Thanks man.

I ended up getting the 46" Sharp Aquos (I linked) this morning at Futureshop. They price matched it and after everything was said and done I ended up getting it for a little over $1100.

I had read a ton of reviews on Amazon (as well as a few other sites) and seemed to have quite good reviews. Hears hoping I dont have any problems with it.

I dont get it until Friday (as they didnt have any in stock)... just too busy to go to Brampton and pick it up!

Pretty excited! Thats for sure!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)