Personal Finance

Requested TransUnion Credit Report, still not received, any help

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2010 3:43 pm
Nov 15, 2010
7 posts
Canada

Requested TransUnion Credit Report, still not received, any help

I requested a credit report from Trans-Union previous month and they said normally it takes 30 days for them to process and send it, I don't know whether it means I should receive it within 30 days or they'll send it after 30 days. But upon calling them they said I should be receiving it within 30 days. However, when I asked them if it has been mailed out to me, they said no report has been mailed out since they never received a request. I was completely surprised, how can it be? It's going to be full 30 days on Thursday. I mailed out the request on 18th of October. Another lady there told me the reason it doesn't appear on their computer might be because 30 days aren't over yet and that the request might appear then. I'm not too sure on that since it obviously can't take that long to log in a request or can it? I'm basically seeking any sort of advice and help here.

I sent out a copy of my license and visa statement for them to confirm its me (though I have changed the visa card since then). So, basically I'm worried that my mail might have gotten lost. What should I do? I sent it in with regular mail. I have a fraud alert on my file due to recent trouble I ran into, could that be the reason they haven't sent in the report? I don't know what to think, I'm getting mixed responses from Trans Union, one person says its mailed out one says it hasn't.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
8 replies
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
Wolf873 wrote: I requested a credit report from Trans-Union previous month and they said normally it takes 30 days for them to process and send it, I don't know whether it means I should receive it within 30 days or they'll send it after 30 days. But upon calling them they said I should be receiving it within 30 days. However, when I asked them if it has been mailed out to me, they said no report has been mailed out since they never received a request. I was completely surprised, how can it be? It's going to be full 30 days on Thursday. I mailed out the request on 18th of October. Another lady there told me the reason it doesn't appear on their computer might be because 30 days aren't over yet and that the request might appear then. I'm not too sure on that since it obviously can't take that long to log in a request or can it? I'm basically seeking any sort of advice and help here.

I sent out a copy of my license and visa statement for them to confirm its me (though I have changed the visa card since then). So, basically I'm worried that my mail might have gotten lost. What should I do? I sent it in with regular mail. I have a fraud alert on my file due to recent trouble I ran into, could that be the reason they haven't sent in the report? I don't know what to think, I'm getting mixed responses from Trans Union, one person says its mailed out one says it hasn't.

Thanks.

Could be a lot of things and having a fraud alert on your account could be one. Just call them again and check the status, coz only employees there know your exact situation.
Nov 15, 2010
7 posts
Canada
Thanks for the response. I asked them and they said it couldn't be because of the alert on my file. They said it can take more than 30 days but I don't know, it's just worrying me that normally it doesn't takes this long for anyone to process anything, well in my experience at least. One lady said they have no record of receiving my request while the other guy says they can't tell whether or not there is a request, they just know if the report has been sent out and according to their computer, no copy has been sent out yet. My main worry is that I had a copy of my license in that mail for ID confirmation purposes, and if it got 'lost', it could be dangerous, in this case what should I do? I know mails get lost and stuff but should I be worried? Or is it that they could have my request and they just haven't processed it?

Anyone ever dealt with them before?
Nov 18, 2009
192 posts
7 upvotes
They may have slow service to encourage consumers to get their Trans Union credit file online by paying $14.95 and extra $7.95 for their credit score.

http://www.transunion.ca/
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
64 upvotes
Burlington
Transunion is slow. I had similar feelings as you but my report eventually arrived. You'll probably get it later this week or next week. I would still wait until December before calling.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
My free TUC report normally arrives within 2 weeks.
- casual gastronomist -
Nov 9, 2010
52 posts
Vancouver
Wolf873 wrote: I requested a credit report from Trans-Union previous month and they said normally it takes 30 days for them to process and send it, I don't know whether it means I should receive it within 30 days or they'll send it after 30 days. But upon calling them they said I should be receiving it within 30 days. However, when I asked them if it has been mailed out to me, they said no report has been mailed out since they never received a request. I was completely surprised, how can it be? It's going to be full 30 days on Thursday. I mailed out the request on 18th of October. Another lady there told me the reason it doesn't appear on their computer might be because 30 days aren't over yet and that the request might appear then. I'm not too sure on that since it obviously can't take that long to log in a request or can it? I'm basically seeking any sort of advice and help here.

Thanks.
search in this forum to get free online transunion report
Nov 15, 2010
7 posts
Canada
Ok, I waited for all this time now and still hasn't arrived. I called over a week ago and the guy said my request was under process, and now when I call back to check on it the woman says there's nothing under process. What the heck is with Trans Union? Giving me all these mixed responses. Now I'm really worried about my mail, can someone misuse my driver's license, well all I had was a copy of it in there.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
154 upvotes
They are usually really quick whenever I order my printed report. The last couple years I got mine within 2 weeks.

I can't offer any assistance but I wonder if they're just really busy this time of year, and that is causing the delay.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)