Shopping Discussion

When do boxing day sales start showing up?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2010 3:25 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 2, 2010
47 posts
5 upvotes

When do boxing day sales start showing up?

I recently bought a 50" plasma TV. I'm starting to think it was kind of silly to buy a TV this close to boxing day. I have until the 21st to return it.

So I'm wondering, when do boxing day deals start showing up? I've never actually bought anything on boxing day before so I've never looked into it.

Do they advertise boxing day deals, or do you just have to go to a store and have a look?
7 replies
Dec 2, 2010
47 posts
5 upvotes
I bought it from Visions, so I don't think they'll match any boxing day prices since they'll be in "limited quantities".

Any suggestions on what I should do?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
thomashw wrote: I bought it from Visions, so I don't think they'll match any boxing day prices since they'll be in "limited quantities".

Any suggestions on what I should do?

i suggest return it
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2542 posts
963 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
thomashw wrote: I recently bought a 50" plasma TV. I'm starting to think it was kind of silly to buy a TV this close to boxing day. I have until the 21st to return it.

So I'm wondering, when do boxing day deals start showing up? I've never actually bought anything on boxing day before so I've never looked into it.

Do they advertise boxing day deals, or do you just have to go to a store and have a look?
If you got a good deal on the TV I would suggest you keep it, if the deal was mediocre or bad, return it. The chances of getting the TV you want at a great price on boxing day are VERY slim, as they usually have very limited quantities. There are online sales of course, but last year they were pretty sad.
azn16 wrote: If you bought your tv at futureshop, they have the holiday price guarantee thingy until Jan. 2nd so you can get money back if the price drops.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/hol ... ory%20List

This is not applicable on boxing day prices.
Our lowest price guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing or other special offers.
Dec 2, 2006
468 posts
4 upvotes
Boxing Day? YAWN!

Typically they show up, AT THE VERY LATEST, in the last set of flyers you get before Christmas.

I don't find Boxing Day deals that good. Mostly stuff that could be had, during sales, at other times of the year....at just about the same price as those sales. IF your specific item is not on sale, you'll with all likelyhood be dissapointed. Unless you're into impulse shopping in which case that $8 32GB USB 2.0 stick will force you to wake up at 4:00 am. Or that INSERT NAME HERE that shows up for $40 less than its regular price of $139.99.

They're pretty much useless. I mean who the hell is going to fall for a 20 CD-ROM pack for $6.99!

Boxing Day deals do not deliver.

They AREN'T WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

Code: Select all

~ Keyboard not found!
~ Press ENTER to continue ...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)