• Dec 20th, 2010 5:21 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1950 posts
1549 upvotes

SDM Giftcard question

Does Shoppers Drug Mart have any weird rules against using their giftcards to purchase other giftcards that they sell (ie. Futureshop giftcards)?

The reason I ask is my employer has a giftcard rewards program and the selection really sucks. Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the options and it would be nice if I could in turn go to Shoppers and convert them to Futureshop giftcards.

TIA.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
1205 posts
2 upvotes
G.T.A
doctorgonzo wrote: Does Shoppers Drug Mart have any weird rules against using their giftcards to purchase other giftcards that they sell (ie. Futureshop giftcards)?

The reason I ask is my employer has a giftcard rewards program and the selection really sucks. Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the options and it would be nice if I could in turn go to Shoppers and convert them to Futureshop giftcards.

TIA.

Last year my boyfriend and I exchanged over $200 of Shoppers GCs into best buy (Or FS can't remember which one at the moment) as there was an item we were saving up to buy from BB. SDM didn't have any issues with us doing that and the employee who cashed us out said that was a great idea.

We never shop at SDM yet my fam would always give us SDM GC's. So turning an unwanted gift into something I wanted was actually quite nice!

I doubt they have changed their policy since. I did the same at Staples (Bought a LaSenza GC with a staples GC :) )
May 27, 2007
16088 posts
4769 upvotes
Toronto
doctorgonzo wrote: Does Shoppers Drug Mart have any weird rules against using their giftcards to purchase other giftcards that they sell (ie. Futureshop giftcards)?

TIA.

it really depends on the store/cashier. some wont let you do it while others will.
if you get rejected at one place, just go to a SDM down the street.

i bought $100 worth of Esso GC's with SDM GC's 2 weeks ago.
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Mar 31, 2006
729 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
AcidBomber wrote: it really depends on the store/cashier. some wont let you do it while others will.
if you get rejected at one place, just go to a SDM down the street.

i bought $100 worth of Esso GC's with SDM GC's 2 weeks ago.
+1

I buy FS/BB cards all the time and pay with my SDM gift card. However, some cashiers refuse to accept SDM GC. In this case I just go to a different store.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1950 posts
1549 upvotes
Thanks for all the feedback - it's very much appreciated!! :)
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Mar 31, 2006
729 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
doctorgonzo wrote: Thanks for all the feedback - it's very much appreciated!! :)
You're welcome.
Nov 15, 2006
307 posts
63 upvotes
It may depends on the store. For example, I can use gift card to purchase lottery at store A, but I am not allowed at store B. I tried to call 1 800 shopper to ask, but the customer service always busy. :(
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2338 upvotes
Ottawa
Generally most stores allow it, some stores have their own policy against it (ex: gift card purchases made with credit cards to prevent fraud), and some cashiers use their own random judgement to deny you...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)