Computers & Electronics

Thinking about purchasing a Samsung QX410 laptop. Opinions/help needed!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2010 1:05 am
Tags:
None
May 2, 2009
138 posts
26 upvotes

Thinking about purchasing a Samsung QX410 laptop. Opinions/help needed!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 56348.aspx

This is the deal I'm looking at. Initially, I thought that $900 plus tax would be out of my budget, but after doing a lot of research and comparisons, I think that this laptop is perfect for my needs. From what I've read, it has an above average battery life (something that I need) a good processor, sturdy build and keyboard/touchpad, and is a somewhat capable machine gaming wise.

Then again, this is going to be my first laptop purchase, so I want to make sure I'm getting the right product. Does this seem like it will be a good buy. Honestly, almost every single review I've seen has been positive, but I want to make sure.

Couple of quick questions: does anyone know if this has a bilingual keyboard or the standard US one?

and, should I purchase this now or wait until boxing day for a potential sale?

Any help is appreciated!
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7742 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
I'd wait for Boxing Day, and also, check CanadaComputers.com.

BestBuy laptops are less feature filled then the non-BB versions, and they don't have a good warranty - unless you pay.

An Asus with better specs - and a slightly bigger screen - can be had for around $800 at CanadaComputers. If you wait till Christmas, you MIGHT get it for around $700 ish.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
Just be warned, don't expect anything resembling customer service or help if something goes wrong if you buy from Canada Computers. Look up buying experiences others have had before you go there.

I would wait until boxing day (it's only a week away) and check your options then. You may find a Dell or other better-known computer brand that fits your needs for a good price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)