• Dec 23rd, 2010 1:14 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes

ING Direct Cafe has tellers or no?

For those who have been to one of the ING Direct buildings, do they have tellers there to accept deposits? I'm asking because I would like to depost some US dollars but their ABMs don't take US funds for deposits. I know I can deposit into my external bank account and transfer from there but I don't want the money to be put on hold for 5 days. Thanks.
8 replies
Mar 23, 2004
47728 posts
13901 upvotes
Markham
well the last time i went (a year ago at gordon baker?) there were no tellers...so i doubt they have any now.

and iirc those atm can only withdraw and not even deposit :o
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: well the last time i went (a year ago at gordon baker?) there were no tellers...so i doubt they have any now.

and iirc those atm can only withdraw and not even deposit :o

OK then. Noted.

And FYI their ATM can do deposits. Last time I went there (2 months ago), the machines take Canadian deposits and dispenses both Canadian and US dollars, but don't accept US dollars for deposits.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
And last time I went there it was late and they were closed so I didn't see tellers. But I saw a counter that looks like the regular teller desks at a regular bank. So I thought they may have tellers there.
Jul 29, 2009
895 posts
14 upvotes
You can give them a deposit, though I doubt they'll take cash. It just gets sent wherever mailed-in deposits get processed.

I don't think any ATM explicitly accepts USD. The odd time I've had a USD cheque, I've just deposited as if it were CAD and a day or two later the bank corrects the amount.
Oct 26, 2009
620 posts
24 upvotes
I was there an hour ago - they have ATMs and you can deposit $US.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
muchacho_007 wrote: I was there an hour ago - they have ATMs and you can deposit $US.

You sure? Because I remember there's a sign saying explicitely that the machines don't take US deposits.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
[QUOTE]Want to speak with a real, live person? Visit us or use the ING DIRECT bank machine at our Toronto Café on the ground floor of our North York, Ontario office at 111 Gordon Baker Road. Our friendly staff will be happy to answer your questions and get you started with your account at ING DIRECT.[/QUOTE]

http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/aboutus/cont ... index.html

http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/aboutus/contactus/index.html

from the info. up top, i think it is possible to talk to a person
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
You can talk to a person for assistance, but they're not tellers... very similar to the roles of staff at a PC Financial Pavilion...

ING ATM's have accepted deposits ever since Thrive launched and they joined The Exchange Network.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)