Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener

Xbox 360 tomorrow

I am wondering where can I score a 360 tomorrow online.
After the super failure from FS and BB I am a tad disoriented.

Any ideas ?

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
66 replies
Aug 20, 2007
564 posts
64 upvotes
Try the following retail stores: BB, FS, WM & TS.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
look30 wrote: I am wondering where can I score a 360 tomorrow online.
After the super failure from FS and BB I am a tad disoriented.

Any ideas ?

What super failure? They were quite easily had last night on either site. Score one at amazon.ca for $10 more and be done with it.
Dec 23, 2010
454 posts
31 upvotes
xbox is not selling well
there will be lots of inventory lying around
i bet ms will discount them in the new year
Dec 22, 2009
21 posts
I bought one on Amazon.ca for 139.99. When I check out Best Buy tomorrow and theres some still there I will pick it up and cancel my order on amazon. If there isnt one then I still get a pretty good deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1676 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote: Especially the 4GB console. They are useless without a hard drive. 4GB these days? My digital camera even has 32GB of built in flash memory.

You guys really need to do some research on how to install a custom hard drive. Takes less than 10 minutes of work and costs only about ~$40. Sure beats the hell out of spending $299 for the 250gb console.
Apr 29, 2008
203 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
rtnew wrote: xbox is not selling well
there will be lots of inventory lying around
i bet ms will discount them in the new year

You do realize the Xbox has been outselling the PS3 for a while now?
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1457 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the $129.99 deal at FS/BB tomorrow hot?
Dec 24, 2010
4 posts
av3n wrote: You guys really need to do some research on how to install a custom hard drive. Takes less than 10 minutes of work and costs only about ~$40. Sure beats the hell out of spending $299 for the 250gb console.

No kidding? Got any links?
Jun 22, 2006
354 posts
59 upvotes
av3n wrote: You guys really need to do some research on how to install a custom hard drive. Takes less than 10 minutes of work and costs only about ~$40. Sure beats the hell out of spending $299 for the 250gb console.

And yet the 250GB on sale for a reasonable price sure beats the hell out of any custom installation. The whole point of console gaming is that it's plug and play, not research, buy extra parts, assemble myself in a way that is against the wishes of the manufacturer, and end up with set-up that's mostly good enough.

Unfortunately nobody has the 250GB on sale.

I just don't get MS's tactics this holiday season: having the 4GB on sale, but not the 250GB just encourages people to go the "I'll install my own HD" route, which A) is technically a violation of the XBL TOS, and B) leaves consumers with a "jeez the 360 sure is limited out of the box" impression.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1134 posts
831 upvotes
PedleZelnip wrote: And yet the 250GB on sale for a reasonable price sure beats the hell out of any custom installation. The whole point of console gaming is that it's plug and play, not research, buy extra parts, assemble myself in a way that is against the wishes of the manufacturer, and end up with set-up that's mostly good enough.

I just don't get MS's tactics this holiday season: having the 4GB on sale, but not the 250GB just encourages people to go the "I'll install my own HD" route, which A) is technically a violation of the XBL TOS, and B) leaves consumers with a "jeez the 360 sure is limited out of the box" impression.

I believe the marketing term is called "penetration pricing". You push the cheapest possible price into the market, regardless of what the repercussions are. They know a few people are going to get banned because of this, and there's also a bunch of people who are going to have to go through a bunch of ******** to increase the HD size to get it operable. All of which MS could care less, since the majority of these customers are now stuck in MS's ecosystem (and not sony's).

I just hope I don't wake up early and the 4GB's are gone from FS. I'll be pissed.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7626 posts
161 upvotes
Montreal
setTopbox wrote: I believe the marketing term is called "penetration pricing". You push the cheapest possible price into the market, regardless of what the repercussions are. They know a few people are going to get banned because of this, and there's also a bunch of people who are going to have to go through a bunch of ******** to increase the HD size to get it operable. All of which MS could care less, since the majority of these customers are now stuck in MS's ecosystem (and not sony's).

I just hope I don't wake up early and the 4GB's are gone from FS. I'll be pissed.

pretty much. push the cheapest console during the busiest day of shopping in Canada. we will get deals on the 250gb in due time next year
have you seen boxing day? if you have any infos that can help us locate him, please contact us @ 1‒800‒867‒5309

(V)^,,,,^(V) woop woop woop woop woop
flashy_mcflash wrote: haha. Though seriously, what a ridiculous year for CG to be trendy. If there was one year NOT to spend $600 on a coat, it was this winter.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1676 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
markytwarkymark wrote: No kidding? Got any links?

PM me
PedleZelnip wrote: And yet the 250GB on sale for a reasonable price sure beats the hell out of any custom installation. The whole point of console gaming is that it's plug and play, not research, buy extra parts, assemble myself in a way that is against the wishes of the manufacturer, and end up with set-up that's mostly good enough.

So you're telling me you don't do ANY research at all when making a big purchase? :confused:

BTW the whole "buy extra parts, assemble myself in a way that is against the wishes of the manufacturer" consists of buying one, I reiterate *ONE* laptop hard drive and literally plugging it in the Xbox. If that's too difficult for manage I imagine you're the type of consumer who ignorantly buys into things like Geek Squad's "professional" hardware installations. And try to actually read the XBL TOS before you go spouting out complete fallacies. The TOS states that it is against the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use to modify any part of the Xbox 360 Console. Since the HDD is not part of the console, it is technically legal.

But hey if you want to practically give away $150 to Microsoft on a hard drive which really should only be $50, more power to you. As for myself, I like saving my hard-earned cash.

Edit: I'd also like to state I'm not advocating for the modding or pirating scene whatsoever, just expressing my frustration in how M$ is gouging the hell out of consumers with their overpriced HDDs. Additionally, I've never heard of anyone ever getting banned for using their own custom hard drive as once it is setup properly is in no way distinguishable from the official ones.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3187 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
4GB is more than enough to get you plug-n-play gaming.

You only need a hd for installs and music/video downloads. You can even get a fair bit of DLC/XBL games loaded on it. Facebook, twitter, Netflix, etc also all work fine out of the box with that amount of memory. Don't know what you people are complaining about...

As for the custom HD install process, it's not quite as simple as buying the hd and plugging it in. You also have to buy a case for it, and flash the firmware which involves computing beyond most people's skill. Or you could buy a preassembled drive from dealextreme but wait weeks for it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2476 posts
333 upvotes
ncr
too bad kinect went out of stock this morning so couldn't get it for $100 with a x360 purchase. Anyone knows how to get it for that price when it's back in stock?
Mar 22, 2006
195 posts
41 upvotes
s1301950 wrote: too bad kinect went out of stock this morning so couldn't get it for $100 with a x360 purchase. Anyone knows how to get it for that price when it's back in stock?

where is the kinect $100 after xbox360 purchase?
Jan 22, 2008
208 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how the stock of 4GB Xbox 360s is at places like Future Shop and Best Buy?

If I head over around 11AM, will I be completely out of luck?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
2085 posts
1030 upvotes
Went to BB FS and they had tons, very easy to get one.
Dec 22, 2009
21 posts
There was about 10 consoles left in east Ottawa store this morning at 7:30. Dont know if they had more in back.