• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2011 3:38 pm
Tags:
Dec 26, 2010
2 posts
Toronto

Samsung LN40C610

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between the Samsung LN40C610 TV and the LN40C630 ?

Based on the specifications they seem identical with the only difference being the colour (red accent vs. grey).
Strangely though the LN40C630 is consistently $50-$100 more expensive.
The LN40C610 is much more commonly available at retailers in Canada yet if you check out U.S. sites like Amazon you can't even find the LN40C610 (the LN40C630 is common there). It is as if the LN40C610 has been phased out in the U.S....even though you can find it on Samsung's website.

I asked one retailer in Canada who claimed the LN40C630 is newer (although as far as I can tell both sets appeared on the scene around the same time).
I also asked Samsung and they basically told me the same thing although they could not tell me what the difference between the two sets were.

Can anyone shed more light on this ? ... what are the differences and why has the LN40C610 disappeared south of the border but is prevalent here.

Thanks...

EE999
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1649 posts
1813 upvotes
EE999 wrote: Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between the Samsung LN40C610 TV and the LN40C630 ?

Based on the specifications they seem identical with the only difference being the colour (red accent vs. grey).
Strangely though the LN40C630 is consistently $50-$100 more expensive.
The LN40C610 is much more commonly available at retailers in Canada yet if you check out U.S. sites like Amazon you can't even find the LN40C610 (the LN40C630 is common there). It is as if the LN40C610 has been phased out in the U.S....even though you can find it on Samsung's website.

I asked one retailer in Canada who claimed the LN40C630 is newer (although as far as I can tell both sets appeared on the scene around the same time).
I also asked Samsung and they basically told me the same thing although they could not tell me what the difference between the two sets were.

Can anyone shed more light on this ? ... what are the differences and why has the LN40C610 disappeared south of the border but is prevalent here.

Thanks...

EE999
I wondered the same thing, all the tech is identical, but there is slight case and bevel differences and dimensions, and weight. the 610 and 630 I am thinking have something to do with manufacturing lines. I tried to get an answer too, but could not, not even from Samsung
Aug 21, 2010
13 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
There isn’t any difference between the two tvs however the cosmetic design of the tv.
The 610 is a bit curved from the bottom and the 630 is straight which in my opinion looks much better :)
Also it is true that the 630 is more newer as it was released later from Samsung.
Jan 6, 2011
120 posts
125 upvotes
Calgary
So I order the 610 from Visions on boxing day but they are apparently behind on stock so I got a call and they offered to send the 630 instead. The rep said the only difference is the casing, the 610 being red and the 630 is gray. Sounds like the shape of the case might differ a little too. Other than that, she said everything else is the same. Whether or not the 630 came out after is besides the fact I think as all the other specs are identical.