• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2011 1:03 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 25, 2007
90 posts
8 upvotes

IQOR collection agency suddenly showing on TransUnion report

I reviewed my credit report today because I was having something corrected, that's all fixed, but now I'm seeing a collection agency reporting for Rogers that wasn't there when I last reviewed my report.

I had a bill go to collections from Rogers and that was paid off to the collection agency - they're reporting it paid and balance of $0, so that's fine. But now another agency, IQOR, is reporting the same amount balance that was paid at a date before the agency that I paid had reported the collection. IQOR is reporting the collection as closed and non-deliquent but reporting the full balance that was owed.

My credit report is taking this balance into account when reporting my total out-standing balances owed.

Should I call this IQOR agency to see what's up or just have TransUnion investigate it?

Anyone seen IQOR pop up on their reports?

I doubt Rogers will still have the account on file but should I take it up with them or follow up with the agency that I paid?

Thanks for the help.
13 replies
Mar 27, 2009
264 posts
50 upvotes
Do a google search for Iqor Canada. They are about as shady and crooked a company as it gets. You will never be rid of them. I've been fighting them for a year over an unpaid Rogers bill that does not belong to me in any way shape or form since I have never been a Rogers customer. No matter how many times I've called them to have it removed, and no matter how many times they tell me that they're sorry for my inconvenience, I still get 10 phone calls from them a day. I've reported them to any and all government agencies or ministries, federal and provincial, that have anything at all to do with collection agencies, telemarketers, etc, with well documented evidence that this is not my bill and that they are harassing me illegally, but nothing ever comes of it. Once Iqor gets its claws in you, you will never be rid of them.
Sep 25, 2007
90 posts
8 upvotes
I did Google them and what I've been reading is pretty much what you said in your post. I filed an inquiry into it with TransUnion, so I'm hoping that can get it cleared away.

Thanks for the posting.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
154 upvotes
Ugh. I hate that company.

They showed up on my report and I wasn't aware of it until I applied for a mortgage. It was $40 or somewhere around there. And TD wouldn't budge, "get it off there or no mortgage...we need a receipt or some other proof of payment".

It wasn't mine. It was for some Bell ExpressVu bill and I didn't subscribe to them at the time. It's a wonder it doesn't happen to me more often because both my first and last names are extremely popular for a guy born in the 1960's in Canada.

Anyways, for $40 I wasn't going to fight it. I needed the mortgage. Now. So I called the number that was provided on my Tranunion credit report. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Iqor is run by a bunch of drunken frat boys. Seriously. I swear there was a college party going on in the background and the guy I spoke to always had his attention divided between my call and the party going on. He wasn't foreign or anything like that. He spoke perfect English, but was half drunk.

He gave me my reference number and a bank account and routing number. He told me to go to any CIBC branch and have them deposit the funds into that account. The receipt the teller will give me will serve as proof of payment.

For $40 I didn't care. So that's what I did. Time was critical.

I took the receipt to TD and told them the same story. They didn't look convinced at first, but I told them to call that number and verify that is how Iqor wanted it done. After talking to Iqor my TD rep just rolled her eyes and said "yeah, they're shady all right." They gave me the mortgage.

The next month when I checked my credit report the Iqor reference was completely gone. Wiped clean. No derogatory history or anything was left.
Jan 20, 2011
19 posts
1 upvote
WINDSOR
Last year (2010) I had the same problem via Rogers. My bank wouldnt approve a new credit card as I had a collections report from Iqor on my record. When I investigated turns out this was from an old Rogers Home phone in 2003. Rogers took over from Sprint and was doble billing. Didnt matter that you paid Sprint, Rogers wanted money too.

Anyway, this is old news and I've been a Rogers Wireless customer the whole time. Not once did they phone me. Then all the sudden its on my credit reports. I called Rogers and got to the office of the president. Fancy word they use for serious complaint dept. I asked why they never called me on my Rogers wireless if they had a problem and they said "oh its a different dept and those old records are not the same ... blah blah"

Shady? YES! But that is not the end. The Rogers Home Phone thing was so old that I gave them the benifit of the doubt. I have great crdit and this is the only blackmark I've ever had. It was making me ill and gave Rogers my Credit Card # and they said they would take care of it and get it removed via Iqor. THey carged me more than Iqor claimed on my credit for "interest" too.

Well, guess what? Its Jan 2011 and Iqor updated the account to look like it had just been created, same amount $123 (how convienient. just type 123 in the amount and submit to credit agencies). I called them and they wanted my SIN. I refused and they put me on hold. Then hung up on me. Equifax was a Phlipino women who yelled at me saying Iqor can post whatever it wants and thats my problem not hers. Nice. What system. And we wonder what happened to Canada.

Rogers is just as Shady for hiring them. I did some research and it seems lots of people are all the sudden in collection for old Rogers Home Phone accounts. No one keeps record that long and Rogers knows it.

At this point it looks like I have to sue them, Equifax and Iqor. Beleive it or not anyone can put anything on your Equifax report at anytime. Once that is done the reporting party has to remove it.

Gee Rogers .. thanks for starting this over a 7 year old home phone that I'm pretty sure was paid off 7 years ago. Iqor never calls me. Rogers never called me.

Any lawyers out there looking for a case?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
361 upvotes
Interesting. So, if anyone wants to sue someone, who would be: IQOR, Rogers or Transunion? I've heard too many horror stories about this and I wonder when will someone put a stop to this madness.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
361 upvotes
Paulfistinyourface wrote: Ugh. I hate that company.
They showed up on my report and I wasn't aware of it until I applied for a mortgage. It was $40 or somewhere around there. And TD wouldn't budge, "get it off there or no mortgage...we need a receipt or some other proof of payment".
So TD didn't deal with you for a $40 bill? There must be something wrong with either TD as a whole or that particular agent. You shd just go to another one. Something like this has happened to me, I took my business to an independent broker who didn't care. After that the bank called me to offer a better deal, forgetting all of a sudden any credit problem.
You did wrong to pay those guys. You just encourage them to go ahead with their despicable practice.
Sep 15, 2008
157 posts
6 upvotes
DuckyDuckerson wrote: Equifax was a Phlipino women who yelled at me saying Iqor can post whatever it wants and thats my problem not hers. Nice. What system. And we wonder what happened to Canada.
What the eff does the nationality of the woman at Equifax have anything to do with your story?

(Yes, I am Filipino, and take offense to you pointing that out).
Photographer, Traveler, Small Time Investor, Project Manager, Grease Monkey, Trance Addict. 'nuff said. :D
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2004
1550 posts
655 upvotes
North Vancouver
PaterFamilias wrote: Do a google search for Iqor Canada. They are about as shady and crooked a company as it gets. You will never be rid of them. I've been fighting them for a year over an unpaid Rogers bill that does not belong to me in any way shape or form since I have never been a Rogers customer. No matter how many times I've called them to have it removed, and no matter how many times they tell me that they're sorry for my inconvenience, I still get 10 phone calls from them a day. I've reported them to any and all government agencies or ministries, federal and provincial, that have anything at all to do with collection agencies, telemarketers, etc, with well documented evidence that this is not my bill and that they are harassing me illegally, but nothing ever comes of it. Once Iqor gets its claws in you, you will never be rid of them.

Sounds to me like you're fighting the wrong company. Someone probably used your identity fraudulently and opened up a Rogers Wireless account. You might have better luck starting there. I'd start with trying to find out when/where the account was activated, get a copy of the contract, etc.
Aug 5, 2007
81 posts
2 upvotes
PaterFamilias wrote: Do a google search for Iqor Canada. They are about as shady and crooked a company as it gets. You will never be rid of them. I've been fighting them for a year over an unpaid Rogers bill that does not belong to me in any way shape or form since I have never been a Rogers customer. No matter how many times I've called them to have it removed, and no matter how many times they tell me that they're sorry for my inconvenience, I still get 10 phone calls from them a day. I've reported them to any and all government agencies or ministries, federal and provincial, that have anything at all to do with collection agencies, telemarketers, etc, with well documented evidence that this is not my bill and that they are harassing me illegally, but nothing ever comes of it. Once Iqor gets its claws in you, you will never be rid of them.

The people you should be contacting is not Iqor, but rather Rogers. Iqor is acting as an agent for Rogers. If you have never had an account with Rogers, you should be following up with them. If you cannot get a resolution from the front line customer service people push it to the office of the president and if not there, you can push it to the Ombudsman's office.

I would be very concerned about your overall credit score if you do have collections orders against you.

In the credit world it seems to be guilty until proven innocent.

PS, you should be pushing for some sort of restitution payment for the amount of time that you're invested and hassle the company has caused you.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
154 upvotes
arm2000 wrote: So TD didn't deal with you for a $40 bill? There must be something wrong with either TD as a whole or that particular agent. You shd just go to another one. Something like this has happened to me, I took my business to an independent broker who didn't care. After that the bank called me to offer a better deal, forgetting all of a sudden any credit problem.
I did go thru a broker. I normally deal with TD and it turns out they had some promo mortgage deal going and they approved me for it...if I could get that collection removed.

TD reps don't make the decisions for approval or denial. And TD rules are if you have a collection on your account, then you don't get credit. No if's, and's or, but's. You can't even get a secured TD Visa with a collection on your credit report.
You did wrong to pay those guys. You just encourage them to go ahead with their despicable practice.
You don't need to tell me that. But it's mortgage or no mortgage. And for $40 I didn't really care.

But at least they (Iqor) completely removed it from my credit report once it was paid. It's completely gone. No record of it anywhere. No waiting 6 or 7 years for it to drop off. It just disappeared. So I guess that's a good thing.
Mar 27, 2009
264 posts
50 upvotes
da_hool wrote: Sounds to me like you're fighting the wrong company. Someone probably used your identity fraudulently and opened up a Rogers Wireless account. You might have better luck starting there. I'd start with trying to find out when/where the account was activated, get a copy of the contract, etc.

Nope, it is Rogers Cable not Rogers Wireless. I have called Rogers before and they have even acknowledged that it is not me since the address is obviously different, and the name is different. There is no black mark on my credit report. The problem is that for whatever reason Iqor have my phone number linked to this collection. I call them back and ask them to remove it, they say sure its removed, and then the next day I go back to receiving 10 calls from them. I'm about to give in and just get a new phone number, something I've not wanted to do since I've had this number for nearly 15 years.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2120 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
tendim wrote: What the eff does the nationality of the woman at Equifax have anything to do with your story?

The fact that the call center is outsourced and the people who work there can't speak proper English. I encountered the same problem with Equifax when I registered to get my credit report online. Their system wouldn't let me in and I spoke with some Indian rep. I could barely understand what she was saying but the problem was resolved. Still, I'm not comfortable giving personal identity information to people all the way on the other side of the world.

As for the OP, if the creditor sent your file to two collection agencies then technically they can both put a record on your credit profile. If the account was settled with the first collection agency then it shouldn't have got to a second one. It's only when one collection office isn't successful that the creditor may try another to use a different collection agency. As long as it's a separate agency, they could report the same account.
Lior Hershkovitz
Broker at Mortgage Edge, specializes in construction financing and private lending
Construction rates start p+2.5%, 2nd mortgage start 5.99%, private financing start 7% max. 95% LTV
Jan 20, 2011
19 posts
1 upvote
WINDSOR
tendim wrote: What the eff does the nationality of the woman at Equifax have anything to do with your story?

I do not like the laws of my country being violated by foreigners who at probably at foreign call centers. Thats what it has to do with it. Canada has laws and a constitution - I certainly take great offense to some Philippino or anyone else who thinks they can sell false information about me then scream at me on the phone when I want to see prove of the information they are peddling. I for one do not put up with the BS. If you do not like it than thats to bad. This is Canada and I am 3rd generation Canadian. If you want to trample on the country/rights my grandparents built - you will not last long with me. That goes for anyone - white, black, whatever, I dont care. Simple respect is all it takes no matter who or what you are.

Go be upset all you want. You are just trying to cloud the issue playing a race card. Thats the most offensive and racist thing you could possible do.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)