Tags:
None
Dec 2, 2008
99 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal

Future Shop Special Delivery Problem Never Showed Up

So...

Samsung Special Delivery TV was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I got 2 confirmations by phone. The first was an automated message and the second was someone from best buy Canada discussing that my TV was going to be delivered. Nobody ended up delivering the TV yesterday. I call up future shop and they're attempting to find out where my TV is? Is this a common occurrence? I could be more understanding if they were busy and called saying that they won't be able to send the TV in time for the delivery date. But, they don't seem to even know where my TV is and are attempting to track it down?

I have to say I'm not too pleased with Future Shop's service at the moment and will re-think my options about purchasing directly in store rather than online next boxing day. You can't have people take time off work and then not even show up the date that you give to your customers. I held up my end of the bargain as I was here and they weren't. Does this happen often with future shop?
24 replies
Aug 8, 2005
730 posts
10 upvotes
Near Halifax
Question is was this a "Future Shop issue" or a "courier / delivery company issue"? Not knowing any back story I'd bet on the latter.
Hmm ... I've saved TONS of money yet I'm still broke. Oh yeah - I've got LOTS of toys to show for my savings. <--- Typical RFD way of thinking :D
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2009
1666 posts
138 upvotes
Paradise
I called FS to ask who is shipping my TV's and they said "our in house delivery service" Thats total BS, it will either be UPS or Purolator but they didn't tell me and I cannot check with the shipper to ask about giving me a call before they show up so I can dodge home from work and meet them. Oh well, I guess I'll have to put a note on the door and hope they can wait around for 15mins for me to get home.
Dec 2, 2008
99 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Boardman wrote: Question is was this a "Future Shop issue" or a "courier / delivery company issue"? Not knowing any back story I'd bet on the latter.

I don't really know what backstory there is to tell. Yesterday Future Shop called to confirm delivery then never shows up. I call customer support and they're trying to track down my tv with the delivery company I'm assuming. I don't know what backstory there is if Future Shop has no idea where my tv is but did confirm that it was supposed to be delivered yesterday.

It's a special delivery item so I don't believe UPS or purolator is involved as usually it's a third party company that brings the TV inside and then confirms there is no damage to the unit. I did this last year for a 46 inch tv and had no issues and delivery was on time.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1837 posts
598 upvotes
Guelph
Sounds like somebody else might have your tv in there living room right now.

Oops... :facepalm:
Dec 18, 2009
11 posts
Wow, the OP's thread basically mirrors my issue as well.

I ordered a Sharp television on December 24th for Special Delivery on Jan. 4th. I received a call on Monday confirming my home address and an automated call on Tuesday morning stating that the television would be delivered between 10am and 4pm. I called FS at 4:30 and was told to wait as they were coming. I then called again at 8pm and was told that there was an issue with the shipping company (CDP Transport for Montreal apparently) and that it would not be delivered today. I complained and said that I had to take a day off of work expecting my television and was told I would receive a call back.

I called them back today at noon and was told that there was an issue with my home address. I told them that there could not be an issue giving that they called me on Monday to confirm it. I was transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that there is nothing they could do and do not know where my television is. I asked if I could pick it up at the store and was told no as they gave it to the transport company already. I asked if they could contact the transport company directly and they said they couldn't and they'd have to send them a form which takes 2 business days to process. I then asked them to cancel the order and refund me which they said they couldn't.

So right now, I paid $2k for a TV that I don't have and have no idea when I am getting it. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and the company does not have any proper channels for me to log my complaints or get information about my order.

I suggest nobody here purchases online from them again. It's a joke.
Banned
Dec 10, 2010
14 posts
Downtown Toronto
ordered tv stand from best buy special delivery e-mail scheduled today, never received any calls
Dec 4, 2006
838 posts
117 upvotes
The same, only for TV. No calls and probably not a chance for the actual delivery...
:(
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10493 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
Initiate chargebacks on your credit cards people.
Dec 2, 2008
99 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
mcarbone wrote: Wow, the OP's thread basically mirrors my issue as well.

I ordered a Sharp television on December 24th for Special Delivery on Jan. 4th. I received a call on Monday confirming my home address and an automated call on Tuesday morning stating that the television would be delivered between 10am and 4pm. I called FS at 4:30 and was told to wait as they were coming. I then called again at 8pm and was told that there was an issue with the shipping company (CDP Transport for Montreal apparently) and that it would not be delivered today. I complained and said that I had to take a day off of work expecting my television and was told I would receive a call back.

I called them back today at noon and was told that there was an issue with my home address. I told them that there could not be an issue giving that they called me on Monday to confirm it. I was transferred to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that there is nothing they could do and do not know where my television is. I asked if I could pick it up at the store and was told no as they gave it to the transport company already. I asked if they could contact the transport company directly and they said they couldn't and they'd have to send them a form which takes 2 business days to process. I then asked them to cancel the order and refund me which they said they couldn't.

So right now, I paid $2k for a TV that I don't have and have no idea when I am getting it. This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and the company does not have any proper channels for me to log my complaints or get information about my order.

I suggest nobody here purchases online from them again. It's a joke.
The CDP Transport for Montreal is the company that delivered my TV last year. The fact that future shop is washing their hands of this is dumbfounding as they're simply passing the blame to the transport company. I'd be very interested to know who else hasn't received their items from this company as I feel we aren't the only ones just yet and something is up. I also ordered a Blu-Ray player on the same day so if they give you the excuse about there being an issue with your home address than that is a complete lie because my blu-ray came in prompt fashion with same address through canada post. You were lucky to get in contact with a supervisor as I was notified that a new appointment email would simply be emailed to me which it hasn't as of yet. I would contact future shop and ask to at least have your delivery fee waived since they never showed up when they were supposed to.
Dec 18, 2009
11 posts
Aznsilvrboy wrote: Initiate chargebacks on your credit cards people.

What is the risk relating toa chargeback for me. What if I initiate it and then the TV comes? Am I supposed to ship it back?
Dec 4, 2006
838 posts
117 upvotes
Aznsilvrboy wrote: Initiate chargebacks on your credit cards people.

I don't want money back. I want my TV forth. :)

Just a call from home - they delivered my TV!
May 15, 2007
375 posts
43 upvotes
Waterloo
My TV ordered from BB is back ordered, they have no idea when will be in stock again. :( Normal for online order on Xmas eve? They told me "We have requested an estimated time of arrival (ETA) from the manufacturer; and it will be available to be shipped out on January 4, 2011", does this mean the manufacturer shipped to them on 1/4?
mts wrote: I don't want money back. I want my TV forth. :)

Just a call from home - they delivered my TV!
Dec 2, 2008
99 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
muvo wrote: My TV ordered from BB is back ordered, they have no idea when will be in stock again. :( Normal for online order on Xmas eve? They told me "We have requested an estimated time of arrival (ETA) from the manufacturer; and it will be available to be shipped out on January 4, 2011", does this mean the manufacturer shipped to them on 1/4?

I don't want to confuse the two issues. My brother ordered a television and was told it was on back order. In this case (while it sucks that it was on backorder), you are at least aware that there is a stocking issue and that the TV will arrive when it comes back in stock. In our two situations, the TV was clearly shipped and we were even notified on the day of delivery that it would arrive on this day. It's good to see that MTS received his order but I don't believe that he is in the Montreal area like Mcarbone and I are.
Dec 4, 2006
838 posts
117 upvotes
No, I'm not in Montreal, I'm in GTA, but still, would be nice to receive a call from the shipping company (whoever they are) as promised and not waiting nervously for a whole day.
I'm pretty sure everyone will get their orders, but unfortunately nobody can tell when.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
When Best Buy delivered my TV a couple years ago I watched the guy knock on a door across the complex from me. Sure enough, a couple minutes later I get a call from a Best Buy CSR saying they're attempting to deliver but I'm not home. So I rushed out and grabbed them before they drove off.

The guy was totally dumbfounded when I pointed out that he tried the wrong house. He even left a note on the door that I had to go remove. Not much confidence in those delivery guys when they can't even read a number right. :confused:
Dec 2, 2008
99 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Someone from Future Shop called me 5 min ago. He explained that there was a mixup at warehouse or that mine was too late to be received on time before the delivery I suppose. He gave me a new time of Monday. He said it was impossible tomorrow and Friday they could try but I may not be home 100% on Friday and they couldn't guarantee a specific time for me on that day. They definitely said Monday it would be delivered. 10th of January is pretty far off but at least I now have a confirmed date even though I don't buy the explanation 100%.
Aug 20, 2006
45 posts
3 upvotes
mcarbone wrote: I ordered a Sharp television on December 24th for Special Delivery on Jan. 4th. I received a call on Monday confirming my home address and an automated call on Tuesday morning stating that the television would be delivered between 10am and 4pm.

Wow, they gave you a six hour window? Damn... Might as well not give a window at all. My delivery is next Tuesday. I hope that goes more smoothly.
Dec 18, 2009
11 posts
Still waiting on an update from FutureShop. Nothing as of yet.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
11979 posts
3170 upvotes
Edmonton
Future Shop and Best Buy are notorious for poor delivery services of large tvs and appliances. They contract the cheapest bidding companies to do the work and the quality suffers.

Problems like 'not being able to find your tv', 'nobody was home', 'mixup at the warehouse' means they were running behind due to overscheduling or just didn't feel like working hard that day so they blew off your delivery call. That can be kind of frustrating since they normally require a window of the entire day, especially if you have to take the whole day off work to try and meet them.

These guys are notorious for damaging appliances and doorframes/floors upon delivery, tracking mud/snow onto your carpets, and transporting flat panels laying down in cheap run down minivans where the tvs are supposed to be always transported upright.

When I used to work for Best Buy, we recieved daily complaints about them.

Your only recourse is to complain to Future Shop or Best Buy directly. You won't get any action or sympathy anyways, they don't care.

Next time buy your tv or appliance in store and take it home yourself, or pick it up at the warehouse yourself. Even better, buy your tv/appliance at Visions or another retailer like that...