Computers & Electronics

iPod Touch screen unresponsive. Repair and/or replacement advice?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2011 9:13 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 14, 2008
817 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver

iPod Touch screen unresponsive. Repair and/or replacement advice?

The touch (8GB 2nd gen) that I bought last christmas was about $190 after taxes and now the touch screen does not respond. I've tried resetting it, restoring it as google search's suggested and nothing's changed.

The prices for the current gen touches are expensive and i'm amazed that the exact same version that I bought a year ago actually costs MORE now.

What would you do knowing this?
Buy a new one
Phone phone company (bell) to try to negotiate for an iphone4 (7 months left on contract) even though for me the data would almost double my phone bill and I don't think I'd make enough use of it.

I was thinking maybe of bringing my touch to an apple store to see what they'd do or charge but I don't think it'll be cheap.
Has anyone had any experience with a unresponsive touch screen?

Thanks.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2008
1263 posts
59 upvotes
Markham
If it's been less then a year try the apple warranty you don't need the receipt they track it based on serial number. You could probably repair it yourself if you feel comfortable doing so but If not I would sell it on craiglist/kijiji/bst here and buy a new used one. I recently sold my used 8gig 2 gen for 100
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Touch screen on ipod touch 3 gen, became unresponsive, I ordered a new digitizer on ebay, and replaced it, the issue was not resolved.
Would you recommend any shops in Vaughan/ Thornhill, that might be able to fix it?
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1681 posts
406 upvotes
Maple, ON
Please recommend an ipod repair shop in Vaughan/ Thornhill/ North York/ Richmond Hill / Markham area.
Thank you in advance!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)