Shopping Discussion

BestBuy TV return policy: within 30 days or 20 days??

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2011 6:38 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto

BestBuy TV return policy: within 30 days or 20 days??

Purchased a Sony TV for $800. Just called BestBuy and checked the website and it said return is allowed within 30 days but once in downtown BestBuy, the guy told me TVs can be returned only within 20 days.

I believe it is 30 days but I dont trust best buy employees as often they have given out wrong info. Can someone confirm?

Thanks,
8 replies
Dec 30, 2006
184 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa
I've never heard of a 20 day policy. I only know of the 14 and 30 day (depending on the item, but TVs would fall under the 30). This 20 day policy is news to me.

Did you not ask him to show you a copy of the policy? Or did you see the big sign listing their return policy? Did that say 20 days as well?
Dec 30, 2006
184 posts
82 upvotes
Ottawa
Jon Lai wrote: It's 14 days.
I'm pretty sure that's only computers, cameras etc. Did they change it recently?

Also, is it just me or is it hard to find the in-store return policy on bestbuy.ca? I only see the online policy (although, I think that's pretty near identical).
Apr 21, 2009
949 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg
It's on your receipt...

if it isn't mentioned under the 14 day limit (and TVs aren't) it is 30days return/exchange.
--- <3

:cry: Personally, I am just scared of Idiocracy turning from a funny movie into a prophecy. :confused:
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
I was there about 20 minutes ago returning somethign I bought online.

In a HUGE poster on teh wall it says 14 days for computers, monitors, printers, cameras, etc and 30 days for everything else.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2944 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
30 days it is. I verified.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
It has been 30 days and will likely stay 30 days for a long time. The only possible change to their return policy is restocking for bigger items (i.e. TVs) as that already has been implemented in the States for quite some time (BB officially said they won't add it to Canada but they might change their minds after the super bowl).

The only reason you might have been told 20 days = when you bought it, 20 days was just before SB ends so the rep didn't want you to return it right after the SB.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)