• May 24th, 2011 4:01 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Feb 17, 2007
3190 posts
203 upvotes

RBC Phone business?

Wow, I never knew they have a phone business, why enter such a competitive market is beyond my logic.
High fee actively managed mutual funds are bad for your wealth.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3960 posts
146 upvotes
SC
somewhere in an office downtown years ago...

some guy says hey i know how we can make rbc better and more popular!
a guy in the back says...by improving customer service and extending hours and hiring more competent staff?
NO! lol we should start up a phone business!
But why in this economic period of uncertainty and also isn't it already a competitive market?
Nah it's all good, we'll just link it to our existing credit card users and call it a member's exclusive long distance calling plan!
but how will saving our clients money make us money?

actually i've yet to determine how they make that work lol.
but it seems ok for a long distance plan.
"We don't have a soul... We are a soul. We have a body." ~C.S Lewis
Banned
Feb 17, 2007
3190 posts
203 upvotes
A Long distance carrier I use charges 1 cent for CANADA, USA, and China calling.
I don't think other carriers could beat that, especially not RBC.

On the note, RBC's cell phone plans are as good (or should I say, as bad) as the big 3.
Big 3's data and voice qualities are good, and customer service is good as well. I wonder how RBC will survive in this environment.
Big 3's retention plans are even better, especially Rogers (regret staying with Bell).

Phone users are not as dumb as their financial clients. They will compare prices and choose the one with best value to them. For example, some prefer quality over quantity (Big 3 vs Mobilicity, Wind).
High fee actively managed mutual funds are bad for your wealth.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3960 posts
146 upvotes
SC
what long distance carrier do you use?
and what's the monthly fee?

i don't think rbc has a cell phone plan they just offer this long distance thing which you can use on your cell phone...like a calling card.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3960 posts
146 upvotes
SC
wow with plans and service like that...
no wonder i've never heard of them.
Jan 18, 2011
4 posts
St John
Try this out, this company charges 0.1 cents calling across Canada, if you have a FAV 5 / 10 plan with you Rogers or Telus, use their access phone number and call local call as a long distance call. www.callexpress.ca
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
The RBC Cell Phone Service is provided by Cityfone (who is a MVNO on the Rogers network), they also have deals with BMO and Sears, among others.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)