• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2011 4:03 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 22, 2011
1 posts
Saskatoon

How long for bmo mastercard to arrive?

My husband is sick and hasn't been able to work for quite a while so we are a one income family. When i went on mat leave last year I cancelled my one and only credit card because I figured it was better to suffer on the paltry income that is EI than to suffer on EI while racking up credit card debt. I only took 6 months leave and have been back at work since May, so last monday I decided to apply for a BMO credit card since thats where I now bank. When I applied online, it told me that I was approved. I called the 800 number last thursday to check and he said that I had been automatically approved and a card was issued. He and the online message both said the card would arrive within 7-10 days. Now what I want to know is, does it really arrive within 7-10 days. Everything I've read has people saying it took 3-4 weeks for their card to arrive. I'm kind of in a hurry because I found out I have to go to an out of province meeting in two weeks and I have to book my trip. Reasonable or not, I'm kind of embarrased to say I can't book it cause I don't have a credit card. Is there anyone out there that has actually received their BMO card within the stated 7-10 days?
11 replies
Nov 23, 2003
194 posts
67 upvotes
Montreal
Do you know on which date the account was opened?

You should normally receive an envelope with a pin number 3-5 business days after the account is opened, and the card (in a separate envelope) a couple of days after.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
2043 posts
793 upvotes
Ottawa
If you go to a travel agency you might be able to pay by interac or with cash.
Nov 22, 2010
759 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
or use a friend/relative's card and pay them back with cash
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
154 upvotes
The big banks are usually pretty good for getting the card out there to their new applicants. If it was last Monday the 24th of January you applied I would say you'll probably (depending on where you live) have the card in your hands by the end of the week ending the 4th of Feb.

OR, if you're like me, credit cards ALWAYS arrive on a Monday. I don't know why, but in my experience 9 out of 10 new/replacement cards ALWAYS arrive in the mail on a Monday. Without fail. I can practically bank on it now.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
Just go book your flight at the airport.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
Paulfistinyourface wrote: The big banks are usually pretty good for getting the card out there to their new applicants. If it was last Monday the 24th of January you applied I would say you'll probably (depending on where you live) have the card in your hands by the end of the week ending the 4th of Feb.

OR, if you're like me, credit cards ALWAYS arrive on a Monday. I don't know why, but in my experience 9 out of 10 new/replacement cards ALWAYS arrive in the mail on a Monday. Without fail. I can practically bank on it now.

That's so true!
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2010
1398 posts
208 upvotes
OP when they say 7-10 days they mean 7-10 business days, which means up to 2 weeks. And the big banks usually deliver it within this time. Don't worry. Or if you are still worried, call them and explain the situation and ask for a rush delivery (courrier).
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2005
2033 posts
334 upvotes
Havent applied for cc in recent years so I am going by distant memory. Usually it takes a few weeks for big banks. I do recall that companies dealing exclusively in credit cards, Capital One, AMEX etc are considerably quicker.
Sep 4, 2010
374 posts
35 upvotes
My experience with my BMO card was my PIN arrived within about 1.5 weeks, and my actual card about a week later. Remember when they say 7-10 days, they mean 7-10 business days sometimes even excluding mailing.

For example, I believe the actual cards are sent from Ontario. So if you live in Quebec, it might take a day or two longer.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
Paulfistinyourface wrote: OR, if you're like me, credit cards ALWAYS arrive on a Monday. I don't know why, but in my experience 9 out of 10 new/replacement cards ALWAYS arrive in the mail on a Monday. Without fail. I can practically bank on it now.

Similiar to your case, my ING Thrive card arrived today, on a Monday!

As for your BMO card, it was MY very first credit card so I had to go to the bank to clear up a few details and ensure it was me.. that process was pretty slow.. took a while for me to get approved (no credit history), to get notified I had to go to the bank but after that, the actual receiving the card part was somewhere around a week.
Removed external link in signature.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)