Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Real Canadian Superstore

RCSS" 32" Aveis non-ATSC TV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2011 3:51 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 29, 2003
63 posts
18 upvotes
CRiver, BC

[Real Canadian Superstore] RCSS" 32" Aveis non-ATSC TV

Not sure how hot or warm this is... saw clearance pricing on 32" 720p Aveis LT32AP3 ... $339.99 MINUS 25% = $255. Regina, SK

Only concern I have is that it's only with a NTSC tuner, which for some of you wouldn't matter, but what do you think?
11 replies
Jun 8, 2010
347 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
mrchiu wrote: Not sure how hot or warm this is... saw clearance pricing on 32" 720p Aveis LT32AP3 ... $339.99 MINUS 25% = $255. Regina, SK

Only concern I have is that it's only with a NTSC tuner, which for some of you wouldn't matter, but what do you think?
what is the difference between NTSC and ATSC? I thought they were the same? I guess if you wanted OTA HD signals it would matter?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2008
1775 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
ya the OTA signals are ATSC in the States and will be ATSC in Canada by 2012 (though I guess it won't matter then)
© 2015
Feb 2, 2005
976 posts
136 upvotes
Picked up the 24 inch Aveis LCD TV on boxing day. Seems to work just fine for a cheap secondary TV for a bedroom or such. Apparently, there is a high DOA/return rate on these things, so make sure you keep your receipt. Returns are accepted for 14 days and the 1 year warranty is provided by Lobaws.

Picture quality seems fine as a stand alone. If you compare a name brand side by side with this TV at the store, you will notice the difference. Sound quality is passable for most basic TV watching, but there is no punch for when watching movies, which is kind of good in a bedroom if you watch TV at night.

My only annoying findings were that I couldn't find a Aveis code to work with my universal (Telus IPTV) remote. You need to use a Deawoo code, but none of them worked for me. The other issue was that there is a speaker out hole for headphones, but it does not work. However, I couldn't find any indication in the manual to state that this was a feature of the TV.

Can't speak for the tuner. Telus Optik TV works just fine via the HDMI port.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1026 upvotes
junot111 wrote: ya the OTA signals are ATSC in the States and will be ATSC in Canada by 2012 (though I guess it won't matter then)
Aug 2011 is the scheduled turn over date however expect extensions.

So the Aveis warranty is honoured by Loblaws? Is this standard for RCSS/Zehrs/etc? If so it looks like BB has some competition in the cheap TV market now.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Nov 12, 2009
336 posts
46 upvotes
Brampton
If anyone sees these in GTA, let me know.... Great price...
Nov 29, 2003
63 posts
18 upvotes
CRiver, BC
My issue, that since I don't subscribe to cable, that the tuner will be useless in less than a year or two ... but maybe for that price, it won't make a huge difference, especially if I want to sell it off later on.
Nov 12, 2009
336 posts
46 upvotes
Brampton
shows as $299 for me on Newegg.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
273 upvotes
Kitchener
222much wrote: shows as $299 for me on Newegg.

+1

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
ATSC tuner is a must if the greedy cable companies decide to do clear QAM for the basic channels...that way, you just plug in the cable and watch basic channels you paid for with you hard earned money in HD...without any stupid digital HD box.

There are just no competition, no CRTC mandate to carry clear QAM, and way too many gullible subscribers and there is absolutely no need for cable carriers to do anything.
Jun 1, 2007
118 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
This TV is now $249 at RCSS. 3 available in the Richmond No.3 Road store.