• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2012 4:09 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1218 posts
65 upvotes
Vancouver
^ where?

how well does arcteryx do with skiing gears?
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2003
1059 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
If you're looking for a jacket or gore tex pants in small+mens, don't bother. I've lined up for a few of these and every single time it's slim pickings even from the get go.
I like Maynards Gummies
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4661 posts
170 upvotes
Popular wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 2:01 am
^ where?

how well does arcteryx do with skiing gears?
Arc'teryx does awesome with skiing gear. However, be sure what "fit" you need and have some actual experience trying stuff on in store if you can. Arc'teryx has different fits from "expedition" to "athletic" to "relaxed" etc ... and if you are caught in-between sizes then IMO it can actually make a huge difference if you choose the wrong fit for your bodytype/size/needs.

Normally I check altitude-sports and thelasthunt as well for Arc'teryx stuff but they don't seem to be carrying the AR particularly but the MX.

Check the internet for ski gear reviews and you'll find lots of people gushing over Arc'teryx stuff. Check their site and look under the "activity" tab. But they are not "cheap" so .....

I would love to buy some more gear but my wife would kill me. I have too much stuff already. Hard shell, soft shell, baselayers, pants, toques ... looking at some more gloves but already have some Mammuts.
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Dec 23, 2009
5 posts
CTfunk wrote:
Dec 18th, 2012 2:32 pm
The Veilance line is made in Canada last time I checked, which brings me to my question, for those who have gone in the past, has there been/will there be any Veilance items?

Cheers.
Just received this Tweet from Arcteryx after I asked if Veilance is on sale: "Hard to say, the inventory changes on a daily basis."
Nov 27, 2009
49 posts
4 upvotes
miss_swan wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 1:58 am
You'll be able to get a Gamma AR jacket for a decent price without going to the factory store. You'll probably be able to get the same or better pricing than the factory store this boxing week ... with full warranty. Check liveoutthere.com or vpo.ca for sales ... have you checked out the Gamma MX jacket?
Thanks for the link!
I just checked out GAMMA MX but personally I prefer the subtle/covert look of GAMMA AR :)
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4661 posts
170 upvotes
user681 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 2:23 am
Thanks for the link!
I just checked out GAMMA MX but personally I prefer the subtle/covert look of GAMMA AR :)
liveoutthere will have sales for sure ... and it's a good bet that the AR will be on sale for 30-50% off boxing week and beyond. Good luck.
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Dec 19, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
Richmond
Ok guys, I was there at closing today and they started to get set up, and saw some of the things aside from the stock that is already out.

Yes there is some veilance line this year. It is all XL pea-green/puke green goretex field coat. There is one veilance blazer as well. Pricing for all these will probably be $199. They are regular price $1200 but they lack the lining that is usually at that price point. The guy at the counter said that's it...no surprises for friday.

There are a crap load of L gore windstopper jackets, some mediums in there, as well as fleece mid layers. There should all approximately be $99.

A few beta/theta AR, but all in odd colour combo, such as orange/red, green/blue. Since they had them at $399, maybe see them for $200?

There were no SL's which are usually the cheapest/best priced of the goretex variants, but there were also a lot of boxes being unpacked.

As for women, I did see a few S, M's. Most of these were the china made non-goretex coats. I felt they were overpriced and unremarkable. They did have pro shells at $399 so those would be a steal during the discount.

As for accessories, only saw a box of beanies, not sure on pricing.

In conclusion, maybe come line up for women's items? Guys items for sure, but it's all that entry level gore windstopper stuff etc. Again not much sizing for mens, mostly XL. Who knows what else, there are tents outside so that could prove optimistic.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2002
4703 posts
151 upvotes
Bossypants wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 2:53 am
Ok guys, I was there at closing today and they started to get set up, and saw some of the things aside from the stock that is already out.

Yes there is some veilance line this year. It is all XL pea-green/puke green goretex field coat. There is one veilance blazer as well. Pricing for all these will probably be $199. They are regular price $1200 but they lack the lining that is usually at that price point. The guy at the counter said that's it...no surprises for friday.

There are a crap load of L gore windstopper jackets, some mediums in there, as well as fleece mid layers. There should all approximately be $99.

A few beta/theta AR, but all in odd colour combo, such as orange/red, green/blue. Since they had them at $399, maybe see them for $200?

There were no SL's which are usually the cheapest/best priced of the goretex variants, but there were also a lot of boxes being unpacked.

As for women, I did see a few S, M's. Most of these were the china made non-goretex coats. I felt they were overpriced and unremarkable. They did have pro shells at $399 so those would be a steal during the discount.

As for accessories, only saw a box of beanies, not sure on pricing.

In conclusion, maybe come line up for women's items? Guys items for sure, but it's all that entry level gore windstopper stuff etc. Again not much sizing for mens, mostly XL. Who knows what else, there are tents outside so that could prove optimistic.
Is there any t-shirt and small backpack? Do they take CC?
May 19, 2003
299 posts
50 upvotes
I was at the last factory sale in November and it was a total waste of time and gas. There was nothing worthwhile - it was primarily low end, ugly colorway, pump and dump product for the label whoring masses.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4661 posts
170 upvotes
skyway wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 10:32 am
I was at the last factory sale in November and it was a total waste of time and gas. There was nothing worthwhile - it was primarily low end, ugly colorway, pump and dump product for the label whoring masses.
Lol, that's about as succinct as you can get!
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

Dec 19, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
Richmond
Not that I know exactly what will be sold during the clearance event, but I did not see any bags. Just some women's t-shirts.

My more "mountaineer" enjoying colleagues suggested I check out the day before the sale, since the nice stuff is always in the factory store, and the stuff they add later is a gamble.

One thing that I did notice, is the sharp difference between the "pump and dump" items, and the true factory seconds. I'd say just in the factory store itself, 3/4 was pump and dump.
Dec 23, 2009
5 posts
Maaan XL only for the Veilance field jacket? That sucks :( . That's the one item that I have been waiting for for a while now.
Dec 19, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
Richmond
Well, I'm hoping to be wrong about the selection. But I decided to break my lurking habit and actually post something that might useful to those that are willing to lineup.

For what it's worth, I bought a Veilance field jacket during boxing day 2011 for $300 from an online store (thestylist? cant remember). As per other expert posters, boxing day deals are likely better since you get the factory warranty.
× < >