• Apr 4th, 2019 7:12 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto

Ariana Grande Tour Ramps Up Security, Bans Purses and Bags Unless They’re Clear

https://www.cbc.ca/kidsnews/post/ariana ... s-and-bags

My sister is at the concert tonight. She said she had to bag check a wallet. Said she saw women throwing away Michael Kors wallets, just to get in.

A little overboard? I'm in favour of high security at these types of events but I think this takes away from the experience as well. My sister is dreading going home (and not getting out of the building) because she has to retrieve a wallet, wasn't willing to throw it in the garbage.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Do you mean wallet or purse? The article says purse, and that's getting much more common. We generally check before going to a show so we don't bring things we can't bring in. Hasn't been an issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2045 posts
918 upvotes
Elgin, ON
Honestly, after some of the violence we have seen at major concerts, I don't think the requirements are unreasonable, as long as the requirements are clearly communicated to the concert goers in advance.

Annoying for some? Perhaps.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13165 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Can't blame her. A bunch of people were killed and injured at one of her concerts not too long ago and the venue gave out advance notice of the policy.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
You can think it's overboard until something happens and then she would be criticized for not being strict when a similar thing has already happened before. Good on her for acting upon it and enforcing changes.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote: Do you mean wallet or purse? The article says purse, and that's getting much more common. We generally check before going to a show so we don't bring things we can't bring in. Hasn't been an issue.
Wallet. She did not bring a purse because she heard about that, but was unaware about wallets.

I've been to the rappiest of rap concerts, concerts in the U.S. where they are allowed to carry and even comedy acts that ask you to check your phone.
I don't know, I'm not down with this IMO. I'm well aware of the events that transpired.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
It's all over the place. The first time I experienced the purse thing was for GNR in Seattle a few summers ago. It was venue policy for centurylink field (as we discovered the same policy was in place a football game a few months later). Then there's other shows you go to where it seems they're only going through the motions and they don't really care.

I'm ok either way. As long as it's communicated in advance. I understand why some bands are more strict than others. Look what happened to dimedag darrell :( It may be extremely unrare for something violent at a concert, but it doesn't hurt to prevent it. Kind of like traveling on airplanes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)