tl;dr

Please provide coles notes version.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6781 posts
276 upvotes
Ottawa
Coles notes version:

She bought the highly popular TNA parka from Aritzia on Nov 6 and couldn't stomach the price as she felt it better be damn amazing as it was so expensive! Come 1.5 months into wearing jacket the magnetic button falls off or something happens to it. She goes to store expecting to get something done. Got string along with different stories and talked to different managers all with mostly horrible customer service for about a month. Finally I think recently they gave her a new button and told her to take it to her tailor to get it done. She gets all upset yadda yadda and Aritizia sent it to Stitch It for her to do it. That takes like a week so she gets more upset yadda yadda. So jacket all fixed and she wants to sell it cause it has bad memories and she thinks for the price she paid she did not get a top quality jacket. She thinks that the girls there had different service levels when you bought it and once you had problems did a 180 degrees!

I think that sums it up pretty good.
Banned
Nov 7, 2010
659 posts
24 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
i bought a tna jacket in 2003....didn't visit toronto for a while and then boom
but by now my tna jacket is garbage and i only wear it to go to toboganning

still like the magnet buttons tho

:D

i've been to the stores a couple of times recently and the quality of these new jackets is nowhere as good as my 2003 tna
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
4172 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
setell wrote:
Jan 25th, 2011 9:56 am
Coles notes version:

She bought the highly popular TNA parka from Aritzia on Nov 6 and couldn't stomach the price as she felt it better be damn amazing as it was so expensive! Come 1.5 months into wearing jacket the magnetic button falls off or something happens to it. She goes to store expecting to get something done. Got string along with different stories and talked to different managers all with mostly horrible customer service for about a month. Finally I think recently they gave her a new button and told her to take it to her tailor to get it done. She gets all upset yadda yadda and Aritizia sent it to Stitch It for her to do it. That takes like a week so she gets more upset yadda yadda. So jacket all fixed and she wants to sell it cause it has bad memories and she thinks for the price she paid she did not get a top quality jacket. She thinks that the girls there had different service levels when you bought it and once you had problems did a 180 degrees!

I think that sums it up pretty good.

tl;dr needs to be further reduced... just joking. thanks
Mar 1, 2003
314 posts
22 upvotes
That's a crappy story and I do feel you pain, however as stated in some posts above, the problem with many retail stores especially ones that are doing rather well and can sell ice to an Eskimo and at a really inflated price as well is this......they really don't care or have to care about a few people and a button falling off. Not that I don't think they should have done something, but the customer service really is lacking. If they were not as popular maybe they might have made an effort to better resolve your issue. I was in Aritzia on the weekend and my wife was looking at one of their winter coats on sale for $275......WOW I thought to myself that was the sale price $15 off. That's generally a good sign of how they are not desperate to sell their product, besides there was a swarm of people buying the coats. My wife really wasn't impressed with the look of it anyways and she decided that money can be better spent on a Northern Face Jacket. However a bit of advice next time because it seems that you got the run around and the mangers never intended to "look" into fixing your coat or even send it back to head office etc. Do try and call the company directly sometimes you might make some headway through those channels instead. It's not a guarantee by any means but it's something else to try, I have had mostly good luck with this.
<<IREE>>
--------------------------------
Check my feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread. ... adid=15563
Check out my Heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=15643
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2501 posts
156 upvotes
yao416 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2011 4:35 pm
tl;dr

you probably want to make a thread about Canada Goose jackets too

lies yao!

My CG jacket from sportinglife has a lifetime warranty :twisted:
Aug 1, 2005
793 posts
62 upvotes
You sound like you are taking this too personally.
A button falling off isn't a big deal - if it is, the coat was too expensive for your budget.

I shudder to think what you would do to a pigeon that crapped on that coat.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
109 upvotes
HoleyMoley wrote:
Jan 25th, 2011 4:33 pm
You sound like you are taking this too personally.
A button falling off isn't a big deal - if it is, the coat was too expensive for your budget.

I shudder to think what you would do to a pigeon that crapped on that coat.

But it's a button that fell off after less than 2 months for a $300+ jacket...

And I think OP is more pissed at the customer service than really the coat. It was the fact that she had to run back and forth to the mall and the fact that she didn't receive any calls back. She did say she could repair it herself if it wasn't a magnetic button.

Man, that's why you gotta read before making your own judgments and tell others that they're taking this too personal...
Feb 28, 2007
683 posts
28 upvotes
"All Canada Goose products are fully warranted against defects in material and workmanship. If a product ever fails due to a manufacturing defect, we will repair the product without charge or replace it at our option."

OH MAN, GOTTA LOVE MY GOOSE.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
1113 posts
18 upvotes
There certainly quite a flock of these goose coats around.

Go to a mall, and play the game to spot a CG coat. I think I would want to be re-thinking my purchase if I looked like a clone.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14142 posts
584 upvotes
Man, you do like to complain...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6781 posts
276 upvotes
Ottawa
biee wrote:
Jan 25th, 2011 5:32 pm
But it's a button that fell off after less than 2 months for a $300+ jacket...

And I think OP is more pissed at the customer service than really the coat. It was the fact that she had to run back and forth to the mall and the fact that she didn't receive any calls back. She did say she could repair it herself if it wasn't a magnetic button.

Man, that's why you gotta read before making your own judgments and tell others that they're taking this too personal...

Actually if the return policy is just 30 days (I'm not sure what Aritizia's return/exchange policy is) then Aritizia had ZERO obligation to help her out. They can tell her to take it up with the manufacturer. If I had a problem with my North Face 2 months after buying it then I'll jsut call up North Face and get them to fix it and not cry to Sports Experts. I might get the finger from Sports Experts for wasting their time as they are done their part of the sale.
May 11, 2009
169 posts
5 upvotes
setell wrote:
Jan 25th, 2011 9:23 pm
Actually if the return policy is just 30 days (I'm not sure what Aritizia's return/exchange policy is) then Aritizia had ZERO obligation to help her out. They can tell her to take it up with the manufacturer. If I had a problem with my North Face 2 months after buying it then I'll jsut call up North Face and get them to fix it and not cry to Sports Experts. I might get the finger from Sports Experts for wasting their time as they are done their part of the sale.

I believe Aritzia owns the TNA line that they carry, which means they are the manufacturer themselves and will need to deal with any factory defects/damages. Correct me if I am wrong.

To the OP, I feel your pain, I feel the same way towards retail chains these days. I have fought with enough of them. And believe me when I tell you this, ALWAYS ESCALATE THE ISSUE. If the manager can't help you, escalate it to the district manager. If the district manager can't help you, escalate it to the regional manager and so on. IT WORKS.

My boyfriend bought a leather jacket from a major retail chain a couple years back, and it ripped the FIRST TIME he wore it. Not a small rip either, but the whole seam came apart along his underarm. I fought with the store for a whole month, all the way to their head office in Montreal. In the end, the person in charge of the Canadian stores (not sure who he was) personally called me, apologized, and we got a brand new jacket back.

If I were you, I will fight this to the end instead of trying to sell it and taking the loss.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel