Fashion & Apparel

Aritzia: You May Want to Re-Think Your Purchase

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 2:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 17, 2009
2577 posts
124 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 12:43 am
And just to let you know, I have bought high end items eg. YSL purse, and the leather strap's bonding started splitting apart after one use. I would not expect to go in to Holts and demand that they fix it for me. I don't know, I just think it's odd. Not everything in the world is made perfectly, not even people.

You wouldn't ask them to fix it, you would ask them to replace it. But then again it's true what they say about fools and money.
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3552 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
No idea why you're calling Aritzia workers fashionistas. No self respecting person interested in fashion would buy clothes from here.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5104 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
setell wrote:
Jan 25th, 2011 9:23 pm
Actually if the return policy is just 30 days (I'm not sure what Aritizia's return/exchange policy is) then Aritizia had ZERO obligation to help her out. They can tell her to take it up with the manufacturer. If I had a problem with my North Face 2 months after buying it then I'll jsut call up North Face and get them to fix it and not cry to Sports Experts. I might get the finger from Sports Experts for wasting their time as they are done their part of the sale.

I purchased a north face jacket a little while ago and the lining on the inside totally ripped. It was like a $300 soft shell. I spoke with north face and they told me to take it to the place I bought it and I ended up getting a credit for it... so in the end it depends. I've had friends tell me horror stories about this place and I'm surprised people still shop there. They have awful customer service and they don't see to care about their customers so why support them? I would've taken my business elsewhere just because of how rude the employees are half the time.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2005
2058 posts
68 upvotes
It really is too bad; I understand your frustration OP. I think it’s reasonable to expect a company to stand behind their products (especially since TNA is their “house” brand).

As someone mentioned, Aritzia is doing so well anyway – that they probably feel they don’t need to go out of their way for anyone. :evil:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 29, 2005
5864 posts
791 upvotes
Mississauga
A $300 item should not be falling apart after only a month. Aritizia has really bad customer service - as soon as you walk in the door and touch a piece of clothing, the sales girls start swarming you. They should be offering good customer service for problems and not just for sales.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 1, 2005
793 posts
62 upvotes
biee wrote:
Jan 25th, 2011 5:32 pm
But it's a button that fell off after less than 2 months for a $300+ jacket...

And I think OP is more pissed at the customer service than really the coat. It was the fact that she had to run back and forth to the mall and the fact that she didn't receive any calls back. She did say she could repair it herself if it wasn't a magnetic button.

Man, that's why you gotta read before making your own judgments and tell others that they're taking this too personal...
Ok - I read the OP's entire 2 posts. Haven't changed my mind, though.

She posted 2 massive threads, with a total word count of 1827, but didn't bother to mention something: how the button came off the jacket in the first place.

I am guessing that neither you nor the OP think that is relevant. You think that, because it was a 2 month old $300 jacket from Aritzia, it must be the store's fault and they must repair or replace the garment to her satisfaction.

I disagree. There are plenty of reasons why the button may have been her fault and had nothing to do with the jacket at all, and I don't believe the retailer is responsible for any possible problems with the coat. It is relevant, but instead she rambled about how betrayed she feels about this.

As for taking things too personally:
andlifegoeson wrote:
Jan 24th, 2011 3:54 pm
.... It could make the difference in the world handling a customer who is already irate and the outcome of the situation. But what do I know, I'm just another ignorant consumer living in the Universe of Dumbassery, right?....
And this:
andlifegoeson wrote:
Jan 24th, 2011 3:54 pm
... She handed me an extra strap saying that I could keep it just in case it happens again. REALLY? Just in case, it happens again. Way to back up your product. But even worse, she tells me that they cannot accept returns on the coat because it is "damaged, defective and has been worn".
So they repaired the coat in the end, and even gave her and extra strap in case it happened again.

And then this:

andlifegoeson wrote:
Jan 24th, 2011 3:54 pm
...... REALLY? Just in case, it happens again. Way to back up your product. But even worse, she tells me that they cannot accept returns on the coat because it is "damaged, defective and has been worn".

No **** Sherlocks, coat has definitely been worn, it's definitely defective because of product failure and it's not "damaged" cause if it was, there would be evidence of some sort of button prying or marks left behind by a knife. And why the hell would I be sitting around fighting with a button to fall off, only to make the trip to ask for it to be repaired? Guess I'm a lunatic. .....
Raggie wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 8:18 am
A $300 item should not be falling apart after only a month. Aritizia has really bad customer service - as soon as you walk in the door and touch a piece of clothing, the sales girls start swarming you. They should be offering good customer service for problems and not just for sales.

I agree 100% Raggie, and they definitely should have called her back during that week, but in this situation, in spite of how much she posted, we still don't know the details of how the jacket damaged in the first place. She is very firm it must be Aritzia's responsibility but didn't explain how she decided that - and she has posted a lot.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2009
1432 posts
31 upvotes
stevelam wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 12:57 am
No idea why you're calling Aritzia workers fashionistas. No self respecting person interested in fashion would buy clothes from here.

lol, harsh.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2009
1892 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
stevelam wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 12:57 am
No idea why you're calling Aritzia workers fashionistas. No self respecting person interested in fashion would buy clothes from here.

Is someone secretly a fashion guru?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 13, 2005
6783 posts
279 upvotes
Ottawa
DJ Dennis wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 11:22 am
Is someone secretly a fashion guru?
Guess you haven't seen steve's clothes :P
Member
User avatar
Dec 14, 2010
397 posts
84 upvotes
Honestly, I think we have to admit that when we buy a branded jacket we are ultimately buying it for the brand name.
Its true that a $40 jacket would probably be the same as a TNA jacket..but it doesnt have the brand logo lol

So if people choose to buy a jacket for $310 then its really up to them to deem if its worth it..
[OP]
Newbie
Jan 23, 2011
4 posts
Kitchener
HoleyMoley wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 9:30 am
Ok - I read the OP's entire 2 posts. Haven't changed my mind, though.

She posted 2 massive threads, with a total word count of 1827, but didn't bother to mention something: how the button came off the jacket in the first place.

I am guessing that neither you nor the OP think that is relevant. You think that, because it was a 2 month old $300 jacket from Aritzia, it must be the store's fault and they must repair or replace the garment to her satisfaction.

I disagree. There are plenty of reasons why the button may have been her fault and had nothing to do with the jacket at all, and I don't believe the retailer is responsible for any possible problems with the coat. It is relevant, but instead she rambled about how betrayed she feels about this.

As for taking things too personally:

And this:

So they repaired the coat in the end, and even gave her and extra strap in case it happened again.

And then this:


I agree 100% Raggie, and they definitely should have called her back during that week, but in this situation, in spite of how much she posted, we still don't know the details of how the jacket damaged in the first place. She is very firm it must be Aritzia's responsibility but didn't explain how she decided that - and she has posted a lot.

Obviously you are more interested in acting as the Devil's Advocate than actually understanding the situation. The button fell off, I woke up one morning to find that the button's missing, I go to work, walk places it may have fallen off anywhere.

If you know anything about the Verbier coat, which you clearly don't and how the strap is put together, AGAIN, I will clarify just for you, that it is not threaded, it's actually magnetic - it requires a warehouse job to hold in place. Hence the reason why they did not stick another button on it and sent it to 'Stitch It' instead to have a new strap sewn into the coat altogether.

I'm not asking for anything to be done about it by the company, I am sharing my experience AS IS, I have quoted the managers and what they said to me and the attitude I was given.

I've only been on this site a short period of time and it blows my mind that there is such a high percentage of people who make it their duty to waste other people's time and bother them with their "2 cents" when, if it doesn't apply to you, or if you don't care about, you could just walk away.

NO ONE appreciates you wasting valuable space or everyone else's time reading your "insightful" remarks.

You can accuse me of what happened since you don't know what kind of person I really am but if you have actually read into the post, you will see that I have pointed out not all customers are 100% correct or legit. Or if you have any clue in reading into between the lines, it is about how the store HANDLED a customer with a legit issue, not the fact that the button has fallen off.

I guess you are one of the lucky few in this world that has never experienced such service. If you haven't, that would technically mean you have no clue what you're talking about, and that you should probably keep your comments to yourself since it will neither benefit you or others.
-------------------

I understand I can move on, choose another brand of coat, "know better for next time", or comes to terms with the fact that this is how the world just is. Alot of you can comment on how long the review is "long-winded" and that it will lose people's interest, however the posts have been broken down into paragraphs so that it's easy to read, if you do not have the attention span to read into the details you don't need to, however, there are people in this world other than yourselves that would actually like to know more and know the little details.

The reason why it's so long and "tediously" detailed is because if I were to write "Aritzia coats suck...end of story...don't buy it" there will be 100,000 questions people are going to ask on why, how, what the situation is. To avoid that, it has been written at this length. If you are not interested at all, please move on with your life.

For everyone who has got the point and who have been nice enough to take the time to read, I appreciate it. Whether if anyone chooses to shop at Aritzia or not, that is not my business and it is your choice.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 1, 2005
793 posts
62 upvotes
andlifegoeson wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 1:31 pm
Obviously you are more interested in acting as the Devil's Advocate than actually understanding the situation. The button fell off, I woke up one morning to find that the button's missing, I go to work, walk places it may have fallen off anywhere.

If you know anything about the Verbier coat, which you clearly don't and how the strap is put together, AGAIN, I will clarify just for you, that it is not threaded, it's actually magnetic - it requires a warehouse job to hold in place. Hence the reason why they did not stick another button on it and sent it to 'Stitch It' instead to have a new strap sewn into the coat altogether.

I'm not asking for anything to be done about it by the company, I am sharing my experience AS IS, I have quoted the managers and what they said to me and the attitude I was given.

I've only been on this site a short period of time and it blows my mind that there is such a high percentage of people who make it their duty to waste other people's time and bother them with their "2 cents" when, if it doesn't apply to you, or if you don't care about, you could just walk away.

NO ONE appreciates you wasting valuable space or everyone else's time reading your "insightful" remarks.

You can accuse me of what happened since you don't know what kind of person I really am but if you have actually read into the post, you will see that I have pointed out not all customers are 100% correct or legit. Or if you have any clue in reading into between the lines, it is about how the store HANDLED a customer with a legit issue, not the fact that the button has fallen off.

I guess you are one of the lucky few in this world that has never experienced such service. If you haven't, that would technically mean you have no clue what you're talking about, and that you should probably keep your comments to yourself since it will neither benefit you or others.
-------------------

I understand I can move on, choose another brand of coat, "know better for next time", or comes to terms with the fact that this is how the world just is. Alot of you can comment on how long the review is "long-winded" and that it will lose people's interest, however the posts have been broken down into paragraphs so that it's easy to read, if you do not have the attention span to read into the details you don't need to, however, there are people in this world other than yourselves that would actually like to know more and know the little details.

The reason why it's so long and "tediously" detailed is because if I were to write "Aritzia coats suck...end of story...don't buy it" there will be 100,000 questions people are going to ask on why, how, what the situation is. To avoid that, it has been written at this length. If you are not interested at all, please move on with your life.

For everyone who has got the point and who have been nice enough to take the time to read, I appreciate it. Whether if anyone chooses to shop at Aritzia or not, that is not my business and it is your choice.

Well I was definitely wrong when I said you took this too personally! :lol:
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 29, 2005
5864 posts
791 upvotes
Mississauga
Alot of people on here have the mentality that the customer is always wrong and should just put up or shut up.
Member
User avatar
Oct 1, 2007
277 posts
52 upvotes
Why dont you bypass all this nonsense and go directly to head office. Retail managers like that are morons and you should never try to get anyhign from them since they dont have as much power as head office. Contacting a district manager first would be the right step(through head office). Someone may have mentioned this already but im too lazy to read through all the posts.

Top