• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 2:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2876 posts
451 upvotes
Did they switch to magnetic buttons because their zippers and sew-on buttons kept falling off?
ref: RFD post from 2007

edit: No, apparently they had the magnetic button TNAs going back to at least 2005. And even then owners were complaining about the magnetic buttons, not because they were falling off but because they were (magnetically) sticking to things, causing havoc with the magnetic strips on credit cards, etc, and interfering with proper wrist watch operation. [Source]

Lesson: if you value your "hard earned money", research the store & product before you buy.

I personally think the OP was initially over-reacting (expecting/asking for a new coat just because a button fell off, and then later not being appreciative that they were given a spare button), but do agree that it sounds like they sell crappy products and have crappy customer service. 'Suhayb217' wrote:
Suhayb217 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 10:58 pm
Why dont you bypass all this nonsense and go directly to head office. Retail managers like that are morons and you should never try to get anyhign from them since they dont have as much power as head office.
Certainly can't hurt to try.

That said, from the same 'mallvibes' Aritzia complaint thread as posted above:
"Horrible Customer service at Aritzia" [Source]
Silverdiablo, on MallVibes.com thread, in March 2010 wrote:
..not to rain on your parade, but i somehow doubt headoffice will do anything. i've dealt with the owner of aritzia and well, i can see why their customer service is awful.

and if they lose you or 10 people because of their horrible customer service, unfortunately you'll just be replaced with 20 other underaged girls with mommy and daddy's credit card.
Jan 20, 2011
37 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
wow drama!!!! you should of jus gone in there put on a huge scene and they would have changed the jacket for you with a new one completely, sometimes you jus have to yell to be heard, you cant be nice and polite all the time!!! it seems like you made a huge deal and it is really not, things happen you jus have to learn how to deal with it!!!
Jan 12, 2008
836 posts
141 upvotes
I've had experiences ranging from okay to good for Aritzia, luckily nothing bad so far. I was close to being on their VIP list years ago when i shopped there a bunch. I've went in countless times through the years. Yes, they swarm you, but when i dress like a scrub(northface jacket and jeans), they don't even look at me. When i dress up, they always ask me if i need help with anything. Most of the times i've purchased things they have been forcefully nice and sort of transparently fake towards me. I looked like absolute crap in one pair of skinnies, and they said yeah it looks nice. Then you always have in the back of your mind that they are commission based as well.

I never purchased a Talula jacket from there, but several friends have. Some have buttons that look like they may fall off, some look great. I did purchase a Soia & Kyo jacket there. Really loved it, the last year they produced them in Canada. Great Quality. I would advise you to shop around more, because those jackets with the metallic buttons seem a little worse for wear, even the ones in the store have scratches on them. I don't know why they don't put that clear wrap around them. I had a friend return hers due to the button scratches, but pretty much hassle free but the girls were not too happy doing it.
Feb 6, 2007
488 posts
92 upvotes
+1 for Soia & Kyo. I purchased mine online last season on sale for about $230 after tax & shipping. Fits like a glove, keeps me warm in -30C weather, and love the extra tall collar (don't even need to wear a scarf). Every other female I see is wearing the Aritzia parkas. I'm sure they're nice and warm but certainly not unique anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5136 posts
49 upvotes
If you buy from LL Bean they have lifetime warranty on everything they make.

An elastic broke on a jacket I had 5 years (from wear), and I asked if they could repair it as they have repair service and my jacket was still really good.

They actually offered me a new jacket. :)

LL Bean service is great,but they are not trendy like Aritzia.

I have a ski jacket from LL Bean and not too crazy about the colour, if I wanted to I could return it 2+ years later for a newer model.
I'm not about to do that,but you could do that and they don't really care.
Nov 15, 2009
160 posts
102 upvotes
Markham, ON
To the OP, please be comforted in the fact that I came here looking for exactly what you posted and took in every detail that you wrote - I totally get it. I am having the same difficulty reasoning to the store that any quality jacket (or so they pass it off as) failing within the first year, nay *season* of use is totally unacceptable and the manufacturer take responsibility of repair/replacement. My sister has gone through the same TNA jacket that you had with no problems, then moved on to a more expensive Community jacket. Four months in and the colour is totally faded in the rear lower half of the jacket from normal day to day wear. I just find it utterly ridiculous that Aritzia does not have any policies in place for manufacturing defects. If there is a way to escalate this and garner attention to this problem, please let me know.
Jun 13, 2003
165 posts
3 upvotes
Kitchener
potentially intersted in purchasing coat if I can get a pick of you wearing it...pm me
Dec 11, 2008
352 posts
80 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks for the post, very informative. I was actually very, very close to buying a TNA parka back in December, but I didn't feel like it was worth it because the coat was really heavy and I know I'd hate lugging it around in malls etc. Plus my current coat, while not as warm as I'd like, is decent. Also, the link about magnet issues with the coat was quite interesting--something I've never thought of! I've always thought the magnets were really neat and a fabulous idea, but never thought about all the implications.
Sep 16, 2005
478 posts
8 upvotes
Call the wambulance, you guys are salty.

Great fiction novel you wrote.

Btw the parkas are amazing. Momma dukes loves her.

PJ is a great manager btw

Oh hai ok bai

soulize @ Niketalk, ISS, Howard Forums, Heatware, superfuture
dp_soulize_dp @ eBay

soulize@gmail.com
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2876 posts
451 upvotes
Insider wrote:
May 4th, 2011 9:40 am
A+ bump from an employee. well done. :lol:
'soulize' post on RFD dated June 24th, 2008:
soulize wrote:
Jun 24th, 2008 12:00 pm
I do stock and shipping / receiving at Aritzia.
:lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2765 posts
173 upvotes
One bad experience means the entire brand is bad?

Thats like a person buying a Toyota based on reliability and long term value and having it give issues in the first 2 years only to blame Toyota as a whole for making crappy cars.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2502 posts
93 upvotes
Abel4Life wrote:
May 9th, 2011 10:08 pm
One bad experience means the entire brand is bad?

Thats like a person buying a Toyota based on reliability and long term value and having it give issues in the first 2 years only to blame Toyota as a whole for making crappy cars.

you can't reason with people like the OP. it will just never make sense to them. in any case, I can bet a large sum of money that the OP has already shopped there since.
Apr 19, 2011
18 posts
I shopped here a few times. I don't understand the high prices, at least for a brand like TNA. Some of the other stuff is alright. I don't mind paying a bit more for good quality stuff, but these things fall apart just as easily, maybe even more easily, than the clothes you can get at some "cheap" store like Old Navy.