• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 2:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
1170 posts
12 upvotes
All I know is.. them girls that work there are fine!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9635 posts
809 upvotes
Brampton
custy wrote:
May 11th, 2011 11:31 pm
All I know is.. them girls that work there are fine!

AMEN! I love browsing in that store and I dont mean the clothes!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 50-0-0 and counting.
Apr 10, 2017
63 posts
7 upvotes
East York, ON
Raggie wrote:
Jan 24th, 2011 9:58 pm
My sister bought a coat a couple of years ago from Aritzia Fairview Mall. Paid approx. the same price and the buttons started falling apart. She brought it right back and demanded they repair the buttons since they would not give her an exchange or refund. The manager personally brought the coat to the Stitch It in the mall and had it back in an hour. Since then, the buttons are still falling off and my sister won't wear her coat anymore.

Aside from that, I bought a jacket on sale from Aritzia a few years ago and its still going strong.
what buttons are you talking about the magnets?
just recently boat a tna jacket, now i'm scared....
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2007
5406 posts
981 upvotes
???
haha damn That sucks. I once had to bring one of my coats back in because the belt on it was slightly bent. It's like a waist belt and I don't even have it on the garment anymore. Not sure if this was my fault or just was like that during purchase. No problem. They offered to either replace the whole coat or replace just that accessory. Since it had fur linings it wouldn't be the same look so I just stuck with a replacement accessory. Not a huge deal. But they also gave me a 50$ gift card for the trouble. This a 2,000$ winter coat by the way. You get what you Pay for.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2009
4524 posts
731 upvotes
Scarborough
Bought a belt from Danier about 3 years ago. Spent $30. Still going strong
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2006
1133 posts
146 upvotes
GTA
tebore wrote:
Feb 27th, 2015 1:56 pm
Holy crap I saw this thread and I'm thought it's 2015 Aritizia is still cool? it has be a necro thread.

and it is.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing!!

But the monster rant over the buttons is still pretty epic.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11080 posts
1531 upvotes
City of Vancouver
http://www.bcbusiness.ca/people/2008-en ... brian-hill

“I think there is a real, tangible pleasure to a customer coming in and needing something and you deliver it for them and they’re happy. There is great gratification in that.” -- Brian Hill
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Nov 5, 2015
1 posts
Vancouver, BC
I actually read this essay because I am an employee from Aritzia and I don't want people to be getting a bad taste in their mouth because of one bad experience. I am sorry that you had a terrible experience with one of our stores. Just a heads up, the logo on the sleeve it actually a tag that needs to be taken off before you where it- that's why it fell off so easily, it's held by 2 threads... They don't want to make it super hard for the customer to take off. As for the button, Aritzia can send out the jacket for reposts free of charge. This is a service that we offer. If you had a problem with any of the service that you received there is a customer care line you could of contacted to save you from running around.
Nov 13, 2015
1 posts
Ajax, ON
I have purchased 3 TNA parkas for myself and 1 for my sister.
My sister had an issue with hers and took it back to the store and they repaired it at no cost.

My third parka, and most recent purchase (Christmas 2014) had some issues. I noticed that the threads in the corner of the pocket were loosening (after maybe 5 wears). I contacted customer care and they got all of my purchase information (I lost the receipt) and then asked me to return to the store so it could be repaired. The service online is much better than the store I went to (personally speaking).
Now, not more than a year later, I am having an issue with the magnetic clasps. I contacted customer care and told them the problem. Amazing customer service -- I cannot believe it! After a couple of back and fourth emails verifying details, the rep asked me to go to the store of my choosing to have my jacket exchanged for a new one. I went to a sore later that night and unfortunately they had not yet received the head office briefing email for my issue -- but no worries, manager told me to go ahead and pick a new jacket; which I did. Super happy.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10090 posts
910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
yao416 wrote:
Jan 24th, 2011 4:35 pm
tl;dr

you probably want to make a thread about Canada Goose jackets too
Tons already.. another one is superfluous - telling us what we already know, lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 4, 2007
183 posts
I know this thread is like a million years old but I just wanted to give hope to those who might have lost it because they saw the OP.

I've gone through a ton of these TNA parkas, and not because they got worn out and I like to waste money, but because I actually treat them like iPhones and sell my used one whenever I had to get a new one (either from gaining weight, losing weight, wanting a new colour, etc).

But back in 2006, my very first original TNA parka that I had purchased had a similar issue with the OP. Except after a year of owning the coat, ALL the magnets from the front closure had completely fallen out of place. I took it to the Aritzia at Sherway Gardens in Toronto just to see if there was anything that could be done, even though it was over a year old, and was told that they could have it sent out to be repaired. The manager called me back in less than a week and said that it was back from repairs but because of the extent of the misplaced magnets, it was beyond repairable. In return, they offered to exchange the coat for a new one. A brand new coat!!! To replace a 1 year old defective coat! She even said I could choose a different colour if I wanted! Because I had gained weight over that year, I asked to go up to a Medium size and she gladly made the exchange. That to me was F*CKING A+ customer service!

I feel terrible that the OP got the experience she did and I probably got lucky with the Aritzia store that I went to, so I can't speak for all Aritzia stores. But hopefully this sheds some light to those who might shy away from Aritzia because of the OP. I've probably owned a total of 6 TNA parkas since that time, and the longest one I've had was 5 years, but every single one of them never had that problem with the magnets again.
Feb 23, 2004
371 posts
18 upvotes
squall458 wrote:
May 15th, 2011 12:53 am
AMEN! I love browsing in that store and I dont mean the clothes!
I was browsing the store and talked to a girl and the security saw me and kicked me out.
Dec 28, 2016
2 posts
Unlike others, I read your entire post word for word. I have been debating whether to splurge on a $295 trench coat, but after reading your post I do not want to associate myself with a company that has such stuck up employees and especially inconsistencies in their policy from store to store. In fact, I already see their attitude but choose to ignore it. Wish this could be tagged to @Aritzia customer service!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8816 posts
1538 upvotes
Somewhere
SkimGuy wrote:
Feb 27th, 2015 12:58 pm
Bought a belt from Danier about 3 years ago. Spent $30. Still going strong
if skimguy endorses danier, they must be a really great brand and company!

brb going to danier to cop some quality goods..
:confused: