None
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1362 posts
373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
iEyeCaptain wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:26 pm
if skimguy endorses danier, they must be a really great brand and company!

brb going to danier to cop some quality goods..
I think Danier went out of business last year....

And what's with necroing this thread from 2015 reviewnazi...
Apr 3, 2017
1 posts
... where do I start. I dont know your age, or your socioeconomic background which might play a heavy role here. Aritzia is not a rugged brand. It is not an expensive brand. It is not meant to be taken that way. 300.00 for a winter coat is about average... I am not trying to sound rude or snotty.. please dont think I am but I just kind of want to put things in perspective.. rugged but fashionable/trendy coats are the rudsaks, moose knuckles, canada goose, and monclers . The rugged luxury coats (that are super ugly but super expensive) are from Arc'teryx. I buy north face all the time.. its rugged but def not 'luxury '... it isn't fancy.. it keeps me and my kids warm and 300 got me a spring shell. 200 got my 18 month old a 1 piece snow suit. Aritzia is for the teenage girl looking to be 'trendy' with baggy tops and skinny pants.. or for early 30 year old mom's like me who wish we were still teens ;)... the managers there are also .. er young.. because let's face it a 15 year old doesnt want to buy from someone her mom's age (or shop where her mom shops lol) I am sure there is the exception.. but walk in there look around and take notice. Rarely you will see a 50 year old shopping for herself. So these 'managers' are not the experienced.. knowledgeable crew that you will see at places like canada goose, moncler, etc ( even there it can be a miss). These people make minimum wage and really could care less about your button. They want to go home, study for whatever they are taking at school and dream of the day they can say 'i quit'. For the cost of their clothes they actually last pretty long. I think the quality isn't bad at all. And truth be told they have no clue what you did to the jacket. I got a Calvin Klein parka on sale at the Bay recently (for 300.00 actually).. the day it came in the mail I tried it on.. my 3 year old came running over, grabbed onto the pocket and ripped it.. I brought it to a tailor and a few bucks later (and 1 hour later) it was fixed. My north face shell 1 week after I got it I got it caught on a latch at my son's schools bathroom.. it ripped! I went into north face (life time warranty) and they were going to send it out.. it would take a week so I said forget it. So in all honesty.. they have no clue if you got it caught. It's not about you ripping it off with a knife.. I didn't rip my coat of purpose.. accidents happen, it's a button .. its not like your coat exploded. I think as you navigate through more purchases you will come to pick your battles a bit more wisely and may even find your way back into aritzia because truth be told.. they didn't have to fix your coat and giving you an extra strap wasn't because they don't have faith in the product.. they probably don't have faith in the customers lol. anywho my response isn't much shorter than your answer.. and I am not doing coles notes ;). Your coat is fixed.. spring is finally here.. don't sweat the small stuff.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1768 posts
407 upvotes
Unionville, ON
cndadri wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 9:37 pm
... where do I start. I dont know your age, or your socioeconomic background which might play a heavy role here. Aritzia is not a rugged brand. It is not an expensive brand. It is not meant to be taken that way. 300.00 for a winter coat is about average... I am not trying to sound rude or snotty.. please dont think I am but I just kind of want to put things in perspective.. rugged but fashionable/trendy coats are the rudsaks, moose knuckles, canada goose, and monclers . The rugged luxury coats (that are super ugly but super expensive) are from Arc'teryx. I buy north face all the time.. its rugged but def not 'luxury '... it isn't fancy.. it keeps me and my kids warm and 300 got me a spring shell. 200 got my 18 month old a 1 piece snow suit. Aritzia is for the teenage girl looking to be 'trendy' with baggy tops and skinny pants.. or for early 30 year old mom's like me who wish we were still teens ;)... the managers there are also .. er young.. because let's face it a 15 year old doesnt want to buy from someone her mom's age (or shop where her mom shops lol) I am sure there is the exception.. but walk in there look around and take notice. Rarely you will see a 50 year old shopping for herself. So these 'managers' are not the experienced.. knowledgeable crew that you will see at places like canada goose, moncler, etc ( even there it can be a miss). These people make minimum wage and really could care less about your button. They want to go home, study for whatever they are taking at school and dream of the day they can say 'i quit'. For the cost of their clothes they actually last pretty long. I think the quality isn't bad at all. And truth be told they have no clue what you did to the jacket. I got a Calvin Klein parka on sale at the Bay recently (for 300.00 actually).. the day it came in the mail I tried it on.. my 3 year old came running over, grabbed onto the pocket and ripped it.. I brought it to a tailor and a few bucks later (and 1 hour later) it was fixed. My north face shell 1 week after I got it I got it caught on a latch at my son's schools bathroom.. it ripped! I went into north face (life time warranty) and they were going to send it out.. it would take a week so I said forget it. So in all honesty.. they have no clue if you got it caught. It's not about you ripping it off with a knife.. I didn't rip my coat of purpose.. accidents happen, it's a button .. its not like your coat exploded. I think as you navigate through more purchases you will come to pick your battles a bit more wisely and may even find your way back into aritzia because truth be told.. they didn't have to fix your coat and giving you an extra strap wasn't because they don't have faith in the product.. they probably don't have faith in the customers lol. anywho my response isn't much shorter than your answer.. and I am not doing coles notes ;). Your coat is fixed.. spring is finally here.. don't sweat the small stuff.
tl;dr

You're responding to a 6 years old thread.

Doubt OP is still around, or cares anymore. smh OP hasn't even come back on to RFD in over 5 years.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10855 posts
1474 upvotes
City of Vancouver
cndadri wrote:
Apr 4th, 2017 9:37 pm
...The rugged luxury coats (that are super ugly but super expensive) are from Arc'teryx...
Arc'teryx is utilitarian, not "luxury". It is for outdoorsy ppl who do outdoorsy activities, like ppl in Vancouver. The coats r not "super ugly".
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.