Off Topic

Armed robbery at Markville around 6 today.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 4:00 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2011
6337 posts
1489 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 2:47 pm
Thanks! I was, GTA murder rate is 0.00015 murders per capita, NYC is 0.00027
I am losing confidence in your math ability...
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
17108 posts
678 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
peanutz wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 2:16 pm
LOL and I'm pretty sure the poster who first mentioned "oriental"...is oriental herself.
Pretty sure we both know that usage of "Oriental" when describing people, is an anachronism.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
192 upvotes
Markham, ON
I am wondering if any other unarmed robberies were going on at the same time within that 44 minutes where the perpetrator got away or didn't get away but was not featured in the news or social media. Was the mall more busy during that time due to holidays?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1209 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
StatsGuy wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 8:58 pm
How dumb are these guys to do an armed robbery in a busy mall with congested parking lot and traffic

They need to watch more oceans 11 or play GTA v
I think its a good idea, you can get away easier and blend into the crowd. The thing is that these idiots did it all wrong, no planning, just like those morons who robber 7-11's with no masks. Im glad they got caught, now they are going to spend at least 3 months in jail before they go out again, remember this is Canada not Texas.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1209 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
P.S. @ at the guy ridiculing the brave man who tried the tackle the robbers, maybe you can learn from him to be brave and protect society than go hide under a table when people are being robbed.
Dec 29, 2012
829 posts
259 upvotes
Scarborough
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 8:48 pm
P.S. @ at the guy ridiculing the brave man who tried the tackle the robbers, maybe you can learn from him to be brave and protect society than go hide under a table when people are being robbed.
Only if you have the required skills
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5165 posts
2143 upvotes
MusicBox wrote:
you seem to have a confused understanding of bravery and stupidity. As was stated, everything in that store is insured. It wasn't like anyone was in danger at the time. What that man did was stupid. The police will not condone such actions, and I suspect neither will store employees. When mall security wont intervene, then that says plenty.

You've been watching too many Hollywood movies. This is 1v5, and they had firearms. You're out of your fking mind.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
MusicBox wrote:
ever heard of Ginger Littleton? :lol:

You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7539 posts
2192 upvotes
MusicBox wrote:
The robbers were not attacking anyone at that point.
If someone tried to step in and stop them, like that guy did at that point, and the robbers started opening fire and shooting at people, then that would have escalated the
situation and put public safety dangerously at risk.

If the robbers were attacking someone and the guy jumped in to fight them off, then that would be acceptable because safety is already compromised once
the robbers start attacking anyone.

Luckily nobody got seriously hurt in the situation and one person was caught.
It could have gone worse in regards to public safety.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11659 posts
2681 upvotes
Montréal
No situational assessment/awareness, you guys are right to rag on that 'hero'. Just like that idiot bf thinking he's GI Joe/Special Ops and dragging his girl out into danger to 'save lives' during that van attack and getting her paralyzed. He better stay w/ her for life. No brains at all.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
Personally I think there should be more "heros" for lack of a better word

But then I think about Ginger Littleton and it flips my whole world upside down and questions my thinking

For people who think others should do something they are probably seeing it from the view of their own abilities, which they could be right. But there are probably thousands of Ginger Littletons out there that could possibly make a situation much worse for everyone!

Also persuasion could be much better then physical force. For instance the gunman let Ginger Littleton out. That exposed a weakness that she should've exploited instead of trying to use physical force. You could feed off his reasoning for letting her go and ensure him that he was making the right decision to further descalate
Last edited by Corleone187 on Jan 1st, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11659 posts
2681 upvotes
Montréal
Corleone187 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 10:03 pm
Personally I think there should be more "heros" for lack of a better word

But then I think about Ginger Littleton and it flips my whole world upside down and questions my thinking

For people who think others should do something they are probably seeing it from the view of their own abilities, which they could be right. But there are probably thousands of Ginger Littletons out there that could possibly make a situation much worse for everyone!
Yes, but there's a right time and a wrong time. A right way and a wrong way. I hope ppl know which is which, but unfortunately many don't, like the ppl defending the 'hero' here.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2013
1837 posts
202 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 12:14 pm
you'll be surprised to hear this, but security guards get paid minimum wage and aren't trained in combat, in weapons, or anything else. They're glorified cashiers for the most part, who are there just to look the part.
Some guards are armed and uniformed in vests. The problem is, most malls and establishments prefer to have guards not in any tactical uniform as it tends to scare off patrons. It also costs extra for guards to be trained for firearms.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4671 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
tinlun wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:12 pm
Some guards are armed and uniformed in vests. The problem is, most malls and establishments prefer to have guards not in any tactical uniform as it tends to scare off patrons. It also costs extra for guards to be trained for firearms.
In Canada the only private security guards that can be armed are cash-in-transit guards/armoured car guards. Even then, they're taught to comply/disengage and retreat in the event of a robbery.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1209 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
Corleone187 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 9:34 pm
ever heard of Ginger Littleton? :lol:

Yes, she had more cojones than most guys here combined I would say. Face With Tears Of Joy

To the guy who says this was "stupidity", if 20 men would had done the same as him, all 5 robbers would be in custody right now.
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 11:39 pm
In Canada the only private security guards that can be armed are cash-in-transit guards/armoured car guards. Even then, they're taught to comply/disengage and retreat in the event of a robbery.
Imagine if we teach our cops that too.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)