Off Topic

Armed robbery at Markville around 6 today.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2019 4:00 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4671 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 12:00 am
Yes, she had more cojones than most guys here combined I would say. Face With Tears Of Joy

To the guy who says this was "stupidity", if 20 men would had done the same as him, all 5 robbers would be in custody right now.
I would hope that the press would refer to my purse as a "European Carry-all"...Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11659 posts
2681 upvotes
Montréal
MusicBox wrote:
Yes, she had more cojones than most guys here combined I would say. Face With Tears Of Joy

To the guy who says this was "stupidity", if 20 men would had done the same as him, all 5 robbers would be in custody right now.

Imagine if we teach our cops that too.
That was the typical reply/defence of that clueless woman I saw in the videos. Brave? Sure, but stupid also.

Are you gonna get 20 guys to coordinate in a matter of seconds/minutes? The robbers were armed if that needs any reminding.

That woman Corleone brought up was stupid, luckily the gunman was very forgiving. Even *if* she knocked the gun out, then what? She gonna grab it first? Wrestle it away from him? Ppl simply don't think.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 8:48 pm
P.S. @ at the guy ridiculing the brave man who tried the tackle the robbers, maybe you can learn from him to be brave and protect society than go hide under a table when people are being robbed.
So basically what you're saying is you want me to play hero/spiderman/superman over insured items that are being stolen from a store, where the robbers are there with the intention of stealing things that are insured and replaceable, yet you want me to go all rambo/terminator and wrestle and try to beat up the (armed with handguns) robbers and risk my life, as well as all the (unlucky) people who would be around when this happened?

wow, and i thought my friend Jimbo was a an idiot
Last edited by jimmysack on Jan 2nd, 2019 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 9:35 pm
The robbers were not attacking anyone at that point.
If someone tried to step in and stop them, like that guy did at that point, and the robbers started opening fire and shooting at people, then that would have escalated the
situation and put public safety dangerously at risk.

If the robbers were attacking someone and the guy jumped in to fight them off, then that would be acceptable because safety is already compromised once
the robbers start attacking anyone.

Luckily nobody got seriously hurt in the situation and one person was caught.
It could have gone worse in regards to public safety.
You know what the sad thing about this whole thing is? its idiots like MusicBox, and the "mr hero" in the video who actually are the ones that end up getting innocent ppl killed.

You remember the TD Bank robbery that happened like 1-2 years ago? the dumbass "mr hero" who chased and tried fighting the robbers who were there to rob INSURED money? well guess what.. the robbers then started firing and guess who some of the bullets hit? a female cashier

musicbox is one of those people who plays call of duty/video games for thousands of hours and thinks that those thousands of hours equates to him having experience to fight armed robbers

if you open a dictionary, search up the word "robber", what does it say? does it say person who kills someone for cooperating? or does it say someone who steals items while armed?
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
MusicBox wrote:

Imagine if we teach our cops that too.
lmfao, dude.. go back to playing your call of duty. you're embarrassing yourself.

even if you had 200 different guys, not 1 , if theres just 1 firearm with 1 person on the opposing side theres a huge risk for death, now if you die being a hero i'm sure as dandy with that, your problem for being dumb. but, what if one of the bullets robber shoots misses you and strikes a pregnant mother? that, i am not ok with
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 12:25 am
That was the typical reply/defence of that clueless woman I saw in the videos. Brave? Sure, but stupid also.

Are you gonna get 20 guys to coordinate in a matter of seconds/minutes? The robbers were armed if that needs any reminding.

That woman Corleone brought up was stupid, luckily the gunman was very forgiving. Even *if* she knocked the gun out, then what? She gonna grab it first? Wrestle it away from him? Ppl simply don't think.
how is trying to fight a guy armed with a gun brave? lmfao. so then i guess that would make me brave as well if i told you hey this concrete floor is nothing man!!! i am stronger than this concrete floor!!! i can jump off this 20th floor and the concrete floor cant kill me i am too strong!!!!! and i jump off

then i guess that makes me brave?
hey tranquility, and musicbox, i bet that this guy is also brave by your standars... video below.. afterall he's fighting a stainless steel pole so that must make him brave?

Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4671 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
There's obviously a big difference between doing something really risky to protect other people, and doing something really risky to protect property....
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
MusicBox wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 8:48 pm
P.S. @ at the guy ridiculing the brave man who tried the tackle the robbers, maybe you can learn from him to be brave and protect society than go hide under a table when people are being robbed.
go back to playing video games like gta, avengers, call of duty kid

https://www.mississauga.com/news-story/ ... ada-trust/

A Brampton man and Malton man have been found guilty and jailed for their roles in a violent robbery at a TD Canada Trust bank in Toronto in which a female teller and male customer were shot.

The injuries to the 54-year-old man who was a customer in the bank branch at St. Clair Ave. W. and Mould Ave. that fateful afternoon of April 21, 2013, were so severe that he nearly died, court heard.

He was transported to Sunnybrook Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery to remove part of his liver, gall bladder, spleen, and one kidney, court heard. He remained in hospital for seven days.

The bank teller was treated in hospital for a single gunshot wound. A bullet was removed from her upper left thigh, court heard.

Andre Palmer, 28, of Brampton, was found guilty of two counts of robbery, two counts of wounding thereby committing aggravated assault, two counts of discharge of a firearm and one count of possession of the proceeds of crime and sentenced to 3.5 years in jail three weeks ago.

Leroy Jackson, 30, of Malton, pleaded guilty to armed robbery and aggravated assault charges prior to Palmer’s trial last month and received an eight-year sentence.

Court heard the robbery netted the men less than $300. Jackson was armed with a semi-automatic handgun and shot both victims during a struggle as he and Palmer made off with cash and fled in a Honda Civic.

Video footage captured the dramatic final moments of the robbery:

From the right of the screen, a customer in a blue coat comes barrelling towards the thief and tackles him, at one point getting him in a headlock.

When the armed robber comes to his accomplice’s aid and attempts to shoot the customer, police said, the bullet hit the female employee in the leg as she cowered on the ground.

But the same customer pursued the thieves, who had also taken an iPhone, out to the parking lot where he confronted them a second time and was shot in the abdomen.

Palmer testified, claiming he wasn’t involved in the robbery, but a plethora of Crown evidence led Superior Court Justice Julie Thorburn to convict Palmer.

The judge heard that the green Honda Civic used in the robbery had Palmer’s fingerprints on it and that when Palmer was arrested by Peel police, he had three $5 bills “that had serial numbers matching the money taken from the bank during the bank robbery.” There was cellphone evidence showing Palmer called Jackson just before and just after the robbery.

The judge added the video evidence was also strong.

“The TD Bank surveillance photographs taken from the videotape and images taken therefrom depict the second male robber from two different angles. Although the second male is wearing a hoodie, which made it so that his entire face is not visible in the photographs, his general physique, his facial shape and hair, nose, lips and skin colour are clearly visible in the still photographs from the videotape,” the judge said in her ruling. “Those features are the same as that of Mr. Palmer who sat before me throughout the course of the trial.”
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3737 posts
452 upvotes
Scarborough
StatsGuy wrote:
Jan 1st, 2019 2:51 pm
Huh? You were talking about murder rates and murder per capita, now you're talking about land area?

Toronto had a bunch of terrorist attack in 2018 as well with the van attack and Danforth shooting

Why don't you bring up the number of murders again? What? Toronto is almost half of NYC despite the mass casualty events?

The numbers are that NYC has around 2x the murder per capita of Toronto which is what matters . Nobody measures murder per land area as it's absurd . Why not measure murder by water pressure?
Uhh population density has a lot to do with crime. Of course there's less crime out in the sticks.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
10459 posts
4664 upvotes
Brampton
Watching the follow ups it's pretty stupid that these guys called a suspicious package to the Markham Go Station. That's only a 5 min shot up the road if you have cherries flashing. They might as well have called a suspicious package at Markville itself, and robbing a store up the road from a police station.

They should have called multiple suspicious packages at like Upper Canada Mall other gov buildings that are the extreme north and south ends or York Region.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11659 posts
2681 upvotes
Montréal
jimmysack wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 3:28 am
how is trying to fight a guy armed with a gun brave? lmfao. so then i guess that would make me brave as well if i told you hey this concrete floor is nothing man!!! i am stronger than this concrete floor!!! i can jump off this 20th floor and the concrete floor cant kill me i am too strong!!!!! and i jump off

then i guess that makes me brave?
hey tranquility, and musicbox, i bet that this guy is also brave by your standars... video below.. afterall he's fighting a stainless steel pole so that must make him brave?

LOL, you're so worked up you don't even know I'm on your side lmao.

You can be sure I usually try to be on the side of pure logic and reason. I forgive you for misjudging.

EDIT: how ironic, I'm a victim of friendly-fire. musicbox, see what you made him do? LOL.
Last edited by tranquility922 on Jan 2nd, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2081 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
There was actually that infamous Good Guys armed robbery that shaped how these incidents are handled

These guys robbed a Good Guys store. No one was killed....YET.

The cops had a sniper. The sniper missed and all hell broke loose and the robbers just started executing people like cattle! This is why they tell you not to try and be a hero cause it takes very little to escalate the situation and people start dying

You only live twice ǝɔᴉʍʇ 😎
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5165 posts
2143 upvotes
I'll go play hero when the store employees start caring about their insured property more than I do. If they don't give a shit enough to wrestle with them, then why should I risk myself over a verbal thank you? The police should be heavily condemning this man who tried. Too many musicbox-types in Toronto already.
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 4:01 pm
LOL, you're so worked up you don't even know I'm on your side lmao.

You can be sure I usually try to be on the side of pure logic and reason. I forgive you for misjudging.

EDIT: how ironic, I'm a victim of friendly-fire. musicbox, see what you made him do? LOL.

ur saying that ginger bimboton who hit the fat big dude with the gun with her purse is brave and i dont believe it to be, i believe it to be purely stupid

so, since i believe you equate stupidity with bravery, i said that if i tell you im stronger and tougher than a concrete floor and that it cant kill me and jump off a building and say i can do super sayin 3 and beat the concrete building up that makes me brave (according to your logic)
to my logic, its pure stupidity

stupidity does not equate bravery. see video of "brave" guy trying to fight a stainleses steel pole... he's very brave right? lmfao
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 4th, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude
Banned
Jan 24, 2018
302 posts
62 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2019 4:55 pm
I'll go play hero when the store employees start caring about their insured property more than I do. If they don't give a shit enough to wrestle with them, then why should I risk myself over a verbal thank you? The police should be heavily condemning this man who tried. Too many musicbox-types in Toronto already.
forget that bud, even the security guards who are trained in use of force didnt intervene lmfao

but musicbox thinks he's Rambo and trained special OPs because he plays call of duty 12 hours per day lmfao