Art and Photography

Arrrgh! I can't believe I didn't bring my camera!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2012 1:53 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5392 posts
107 upvotes

Arrrgh! I can't believe I didn't bring my camera!!

Long story short, robbery happened a block away from work, suspects ran to building across the street from my office, police have surrounded the building and roof, and swat team has moved in... AND I DIDN'T BRING MY CAMERA!!

Lesson learned... ALWAYS BRING A CAMERA!
14 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
940 upvotes
Newmarket
sylpherware wrote: Long story short, robbery happened a block away from work, suspects ran to building across the street from my office, police have surrounded the building and roof, and swat team has moved in... AND I DIDN'T BRING MY CAMERA!!

Lesson learned... ALWAYS BRING A CAMERA!
Glad to see signs of compassion for anyone who may have suffered.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5392 posts
107 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote: Is this still going on? Whereabouts?

Downtown Victoria, BC.
Homerhomer wrote: Glad to see signs of compassion for anyone who may have suffered.

The officer said some people were pepper-sprayed, no mention of casualties. Swat team still on top of roof as of 1pm PST. I don't think we're allowed to leave our office.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Homerhomer wrote: Glad to see signs of compassion for anyone who may have suffered.

This is why I always take a solid second thought before rushing in with a camera, especially during accidents. Even when the situation is all under control and my help is not required, I can't help but feel like a douche for snapping away at someone's misfortunes. Thankfully, not everyone feels that way and that is why we have the news! :D
Dec 2, 2007
216 posts
513 upvotes
sylpherware wrote: Arrrgh! I can't believe I didn't bring my camera!!.

This is how I felt all weekend long when I drove from Ottawa to Toronto for a wedding, only to realize half way down the 401 that I forgot to pack my camera and brand spanking new 18-135 lens I bought specifically for this and future weddings.

There were plenty of amateur photographers with their DSLRs that I felt were mocking me and my lack of camera with each pic they took. :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5392 posts
107 upvotes
Kafer wrote: This is how I felt all weekend long when I drove from Ottawa to Toronto for a wedding, only to realize half way down the 401 that I forgot to pack my camera and brand spanking new 18-135 lens I bought specifically for this and future weddings.

There were plenty of amateur photographers with their DSLRs that I felt were mocking me and my lack of camera with each pic they took. :facepalm:

Don't take this the wrong way, but the 18-135 isn't very suitable for weddings :confused:

Also, next time you forget your gear at a wedding, ask the guest photogs to take a shot for you every time he wants to get a bite. That'll make them regret bringing a DSLR and you'll have your revenge :twisted:
Dec 2, 2007
216 posts
513 upvotes
sylpherware wrote: Don't take this the wrong way, but the 18-135 isn't very suitable for weddings :confused:

Could be... I had a limited budget and needed a walk around lens as well. Hopefully when I have a bigger budget and more experience I will be able to get a proper set of lenses.
Feb 1, 2007
156 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
Kafer wrote: Could be... I had a limited budget and needed a walk around lens as well. Hopefully when I have a bigger budget and more experience I will be able to get a proper set of lenses.

Good for you. As long as you enjoy photography that is all that matter. Ignore the lens comment.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2009
2090 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Not even a phone camera? What?! Do you live in the dark ages?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2009
5392 posts
107 upvotes
Xeros wrote: Not even a phone camera? What?! Do you live in the dark ages?

I am... :o :facepalm:
Apr 12, 2012
232 posts
6 upvotes
EAST YORK
Do you want to borrow mine? Next time you had forgotten your camera you could message me here and lend it to you. Kidding aside, having a camera inside your bag will make every event special, even if it is something you don't like to happen.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2003
4603 posts
257 upvotes
Burnaby
Kafer wrote: This is how I felt all weekend long when I drove from Ottawa to Toronto for a wedding, only to realize half way down the 401 that I forgot to pack my camera and brand spanking new 18-135 lens I bought specifically for this and future weddings.

lol reminds me of the time when I brought all my gear to a friend's wedding, only to realize I left all the batteries charging at home! :facepalm:
Items for Sale:
...nothing for now...

References: eBay Feedback