Sports & Recreation

Artest is out for the rest of the season!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2004 10:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
FuNPoLiCe001 wrote:so now knowing that Artest is crazy and most likely done for this season

would anyone trade Carter for Artest + Bender?
In fantasy hoops: nope.

In real life: maybe, after Artest's suspension length is known.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
22 upvotes
From www.espn.com

NBA Takes A Stand
Ron Artest will not play this year. Stephen Jackson will miss 30 games, Jermaine O'Neal 25, Ben Wallace six and Anthony Johnson five. Four others received one-game suspensions and fines.

Looks like Pacers aren't gonna win the East after all.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
holy CRAP

someone going to appeal this decision

gone for the entire season?!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
236 upvotes
FuNPoLiCe001 wrote:holy CRAP

someone going to appeal this decision

gone for the entire season?!
Dat's ok, Ronny's gonna focus on his rap career. At least he'll have street cred with all them fights under his belt. :lol:
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11817 posts
20 upvotes
Holy crap!
These are some pretty severe punishments:
Artest - suspended for the year (there! he can have all the time he wants now to work and promote his rap album)
Stephen Jackson - 30 games (I think this is well deserved, he was looking for a fight)
Jermaine O'Neal - 25 games (same, he clocked the Mexican pretty hard amongst other things)
Ben Wallace - 6 games (kinda harsh considering he didn't throw a punch)
plus one game suspensions for those who did leave the bench
I'm surprised they're not fining the Pistons organization for having pretty poor security personnel.
From a "Family" reviewer: "We Cheer teaches coordination, enticement to lust, women being used as sex objects, and team work."

From Worthy Playing: "We Cheer is, then, for all intents and purposes, the F-Zero GX of music games. It asks for so much, yet forgives so little. It is actually so casual that it's hardcore."
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
Looks like Indiana's going to have a tough couple of weeks, no O'neal, Artest or Jackson. Looks like the east just got more open.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2004
1809 posts
6 upvotes
sfu_lifer wrote:Holy crap!
These are some pretty severe punishments:
Artest - suspended for the year (there! he can have all the time he wants now to work and promote his rap album)
Stephen Jackson - 30 games (I think this is well deserved, he was looking for a fight)
Jermaine O'Neal - 25 games (same, he clocked the Mexican pretty hard amongst other things)
Ben Wallace - 6 games (kinda harsh considering he didn't throw a punch)
plus one game suspensions for those who did leave the bench
I'm surprised they're not fining the Pistons organization for having pretty poor security personnel.
you cant suspend pure indiana players... afterall, ben wallace did start it all... he shoved artest by the neck which started it all.
artest should have let the foul go, ben wallace shouldnt have overreacted.

artest being suspended for the year is harsh considering he probably didnt do as much damage as stephen jackson and o neal.

o neal absolutely clubbed the "mexican" in the face... the security guard behind him probably felt it!

stephen jackson got the dude in the black shirt harder than artest did...

either artest gets less, or all 3 of em are out for the season. these suspensions are out of line...

you cant blame artest for everything... he was chillaxing on the table (relate him to Terrell Owens, same kinda character) and he got stuff thrown at him. its not like he randomly beat people to the ground for no bloody reason.
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
mingcourt wrote:you cant suspend pure indiana players... afterall, ben wallace did start it all... he shoved artest by the neck which started it all.
artest should have let the foul go, ben wallace shouldnt have overreacted.

artest being suspended for the year is harsh considering he probably didnt do as much damage as stephen jackson and o neal.

o neal absolutely clubbed the "mexican" in the face... the security guard behind him probably felt it!

stephen jackson got the dude in the black shirt harder than artest did...

either artest gets less, or all 3 of em are out for the season. these suspensions are out of line...

you cant blame artest for everything... he was chillaxing on the table (relate him to Terrell Owens, same kinda character) and he got stuff thrown at him. its not like he randomly beat people to the ground for no bloody reason.

they'll probably re-evaluate it again. That's what happened today.
Aug 10, 2001
674 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Overreaction by the league. Making an example of Artest. You can expect an appeal by the players association. Nuff said.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Ron Artest is untradable at this point; it's interesting that people made such a big ruckus about Rasheed Wallace, but he's a saint in comparison.

I think the NBA should suspend him for the entirety of the 2005-2006 campaign as well.

Stephen Jackson/Jermaine O'Neal should get 41 games apiece; half the season is more like it.

One dude in my pool has Artest and O'Neal; he had fought from the basement up to about 8th/12 teams...back down he goes.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON (9th…
Headhunter wrote:Ron Artest is untradable at this point; it's interesting that people made such a big ruckus about Rasheed Wallace, but he's a saint in comparison.

I think the NBA should suspend him for the entirety of the 2005-2006 campaign as well.

Stephen Jackson/Jermaine O'Neal should get 41 games apiece; half the season is more like it.

One dude in my pool has Artest and O'Neal; he had fought from the basement up to about 8th/12 teams...back down he goes.

05-06 season too!!! Are you crazy, how would you feel if someone threw a drink at your face? . I think they should get fined 20 games each, making it fair for everyplayer. Everyone should understand Ben Wallace practically initiated the fight, he pushed Ron which lead to chaos. BTW, I hope the fans get charged alot hopefully banishment from the arena.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
1001 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
that was so surreal.. i mean an incident like that happens once in a blue moon... that was crazy... artest and the jackson.... jackson just went crazy on that fan... lol...
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Both Jackson and O'neal should receive more games than Artest for one simple reason. They were not provoked by the fans so they had no business rushing the crowd. They went to defend their teammate but attacking the fans was totally unjustified and just for that they deserve MORE games than Artest.
/THREAD
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3810 posts
7 upvotes
wanted wrote: BTW, I hope the fans get charged alot hopefully banishment from the arena.
Or better, whatever lawsuits they file get thrown out :razz:
I think the rest of the season is too harsh; it's Stern just making an example out of Artest. When Vernon Maxwell pummeled a fan (the most recent player goes after fan incident in the NBA) he got 10 games and a $20,000 fine. Just because this incident got a bit more out of hand (thanks largely to the fans I might add...others didn't have to join in) Artest is now getting an incredibly lengthy suspension. O'Neal/Jackson and the one-gamers I'm OK with because they did go in to the stands without being directly provoked; albeit to protect a teammate. Wallace, I don't know why 6, I woulda thought 3-5 or so but he did in a way instigate the whole thing. Ah well, at the start of the season Indiana was one of the few locks for a playoff spot in the East. Now it'll be interesting if their low-key players can step up and win for them :cool:
i think this line's mostly filler