Sports & Recreation

Artest is out for the rest of the season!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2004 10:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2881 posts
472 upvotes
I don't know which player it was but once Artest had headed into the crowd and everyone (including security) rushed the floor and headed towards the tables, you can clearly see a security Red-Shirt grab one player to restrain him from jumping over the table and joining the fracas. He pulls him back and then gets absolutely THROWN backwards onto the floor by the player, who then jumps over and joins the crowd-fight.

Anyone know which player that was?
I would have expected a huge penalty for that act in itself - decking a fan is one thing (hey, they were provoking the players), but decking a security guy who is doing his job is totally without excuse.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Fobulous wrote:is artest suspended for the playoffs as well? Or just for the regular season? His suspension says 73 games. Plus we all know the pacers will make it out in the east.
you serious?!

pacers without artest will play maybe just above 500 ball. They're losing their best defender and 2nd best scorer

Jackson gives them some points, which they could potentially fill with other guys, but they'd probably still rather have him, and he's gone for 30 games

O'Neal, their lone inside presence is gone for 25. Look at their roster without those three, it's worse than the Bobcat's. Not to mention that most of their players are injured, so they're going to have to sign a bunch of NDBL'ers to fill their roster spots.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pacers lost 20 or more of their next 25 games if these suspensions hold
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2004
9318 posts
201 upvotes
RenegadeX wrote:I don't know which player it was but once Artest had headed into the crowd and everyone (including security) rushed the floor and headed towards the tables, you can clearly see a security Red-Shirt grab one player to restrain him from jumping over the table and joining the fracas. He pulls him back and then gets absolutely THROWN backwards onto the floor by the player, who then jumps over and joins the crowd-fight.

I would have expected a huge penalty for that act in itself - decking a fan is one thing (hey, they were provoking the players), but decking a security guy who is doing his job is totally without excuse.
If anything that minimum wage rent a cop just earned himself a multi million dollar payoff lawsuit against a NBA player and or the Pacers. :lol:

All he needs is a mysterious case of back injury or something!
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Montague wrote:ANY Calgary Flames fan will tell you about the time Marty the butcher tried to skewer Mike Bullard BETWEEN the legs with his stick years before.

Tough choice taking a DELIBERATE slash in the groin or one to the head.
Didn't say he was a saint, but not as nuts. Pun not intended.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6229 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
RenegadeX wrote:I don't know which player it was but once Artest had headed into the crowd and everyone (including security) rushed the floor and headed towards the tables, you can clearly see a security Red-Shirt grab one player to restrain him from jumping over the table and joining the fracas. He pulls him back and then gets absolutely THROWN backwards onto the floor by the player, who then jumps over and joins the crowd-fight.

I remember seeing that. I believe it was Jamal Tinsley. But then he didn't get any suspensions. Perhaps it was Anthony Johnson...but it might've been tinsley, but he didn't do anything in the brawl, so maybe thats why he didnt get any suspensions
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1205 upvotes
Sauga
http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/39 ... etail.html
John Green, of West Bloomfield, was caught on tape throwing his cup of beer onto Indiana Pacers player Ron Artest, Local 4 reported. The act sent Artest into a rage in the stands, where players and fans then fought during the game between the Pistons and the Pacers.

Local 4 learned that Green has a criminal history, which includes the following offenses:

2003 -- Operating under the influence of liquor/operating while visibly impaired (second offense)
1989 -- Assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder
1989 -- Escape from prison
1986 -- Carrying concealed weapons
1986 -- Uttering and publishing, which is using a false, forged, altered or counterfeit record, deed or instrument to injure or defraud.
:confused:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
236 upvotes
So Ronny got the wrong guy (black shirt with petrified look). This is what happens when you act before thinking!

Let's the lawsuits begin!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2002
1606 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton. Äl-Berta
gilboman wrote:
the fans deserved it... if someone threw a beer in my face on the street and taunted me..you bet your ass i'm gonna beat the fvck out of that person.

why dun ya just throw the beer back? isn't it a tie?
PS3 MGS4 80GB : playing FIFA 10 (weekly 2v2) and TVersity :D