Arts appraisal in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 10:06 pm
[OP]
Jul 11, 2017
2 posts

Arts appraisal in Toronto

Hi,
I am a resident of Toronto. And I am not an Artist like most of you guys here. I am here for some information about the appraisal of fine arts in Toronto.
I am someone who knows nothing about art. The reason why I am here is that my grandad left me some of his art collection. He was rich and a great lover of art. He would buy new paintings and stuff all the time. Now he has left me some of these paintings, sculptures and other things. I am not much of an art fan myself. So I would like to sell this to someone who is going to appreciate it better, and I really need the money. So can anyone suggest me a fine arts appraiser in Toronto?. Please suggest someone who offers the best rates.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6361 posts
853 upvotes
If you have moved the stuff home already you will need to inform your insurance and get them to suggest you an appraiser to see how much they are worth both for your knowledge and for the extra insurance coverage you are going to need. Usually your home insurance only covers only what a typical house hold should have, any one of your new art piece may already be above that ceiling and wouldn't be covered.

I will probably try to do that before anything else.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
[OP]
Jul 11, 2017
2 posts
Thanks for the reply. Will I need to pay more money for the insurance?.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6361 posts
853 upvotes
Yes but the alternative is something happens to your collection (fire, thief, lost) and you will get nothing back for them.

Plus, you can call them back to change back once you have sold the collection.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: