• Nov 20th, 2007 11:01 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2670 posts
7 upvotes

Asbestos and mold home assessment

Is it possible to get an assessment for these things for my home, and if so what would be the cheapest and best places to get this kind of service from?

thanks
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1735 posts
243 upvotes
BC
you want to install asbestos? i am already paying alot to get it removed
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
2670 posts
7 upvotes
rounder wrote: where ru located??
Etobicoke. I want to see if my house has asbestos or not. If so, I will try to remove it.
Apr 25, 2005
62 posts
2 upvotes
The problem with taking samples in is that you have to have a fairly good idea of what building products contain asbestos. For instance, you'd have to take in a sample of any vinyl floor tile, sheet flooring, paper duct tape on ducting, drywall joint compund, texture coat (popcorn ceilings), pipe inculation etc. etc. Where as if you have a consultant come in, they can visually identify some items that will contain, and identify some items that won't prior to taking samples to a lab

If you are just worried about having it removed prior to sale, the property disclosure statement in BC asks if the owner knows if the insulation contains asbestos.

If this is the case, the only potential item to really worry about would be the vermiculite (zonolite) insulation. This product basically looks like Kitty litter for lack of a better descriptoin.

If you need any more info, feel free to ask.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)