• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2004 1:05 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 25, 2004
203 posts

Asian restaurant washrooms

Doesn't anyone here think Asian restaurants, their washrooms are often sooo dirty? Like it's sooo nasty, and no one takes care of it. Makes me cringe when I have to go while I am at one. (Example, was at Walker Hill Korean BBQ on Hwy 7 opposite of Commerce last night, the men's washrooms were soo dirty! I been there 3 times and this is the only time I had to use the washrooms there..) They always smell, or have some very dirty brown crap or goo on the walls, floor, etc... I always hold my breath or think of my gf naked when I'm in these washrooms! LoL!! Takes my mind off of the nastiness of my current place that I am in! I'm just gonna not go to the washrooms in Chinese restaurants anymore, or, gonna go to the McDonald's closest to it since McDonald's have to have their washrooms clean, hehe. Afterall, they hire minimum wage paid students to clean them!

It's pretty much the same at any Chinese restaurants I know, the Vietnamese ones I been to in Mississauga (especially the Pho 99 franchises) those are clean! It's amazing!

You'd think those food inspectors that the federal government has running around would also rate washrooms too...
54 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30496 posts
5037 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Why would you think of your girl friend naked in a dirty environment?

Just think about all the staff using the same washroom and not washing their hands. Then they come and serve you.

You are right. Vietnamese restaurants are exceptionally clean. Even the floor is not sticky.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
2197 posts
That place isnt great for food.. Im not sure asian restaurants have more dirty restrooms than non-asian ones.
Aug 26, 2003
216 posts
no matter how "good" an asian restaurant is... their washroom are always nasty! it's a bit sad when you go to a "nice" asian restaurant, and then you see their washroom... :(

i find that non-asian restaurants actually take better care of their washrooms .... they're cleaner and some are actually elegantly designed..
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1696 posts
13 upvotes
Chinese malls for that matter are pretty nasty.
Pacific's basement bathroom is so warm its gross.
Market Village bathrooms are ok, just really really old.
First Markham's smells
Metro's REALLY REALLY stinks

As for restaurants, Satay Rio, New World... all nasty

Two places whose bathroom deserves an honourable mention are:
1) Day and Night Steakhouse. Always clean, and very uniquely designed, esp, the women's.

2) Fang's at First Markham. Their bathroom is nicer than their dining area. Very bright, very clean, and well accessorized.
Heatware: 40-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
8923 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Fobulous wrote:Chinese malls for that matter are pretty nasty.
couldnt agree more... my friends are afraid to go to the washrooms when i we go to Pmall... its just nasty.. mens and womens... -_- ... soo gross..
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2003
2031 posts
45 upvotes
ETF-Commando wrote:I always hold my breath or think of my gf naked when I'm in these washrooms! LoL!! Takes my mind off of the nastiness of my current place that I am in!
Wouldn't that make you piss all over the wall? :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
1447 posts
cmge wrote:couldnt agree more... my friends are afraid to go to the washrooms when i we go to Pmall... its just nasty.. mens and womens... -_- ... soo gross..
I think the washrooms in Pmall are decent. The one on the second floor with the statues and the parking garage washroom are actually pretty clean from my experience. Although I usually go during late night (probably after the janitors clean) and don't remember their condition during the day.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
umm ... that's because it's a brand new restaurant. That's the Shanghai restaurant with the big red logo right?

Fobulous wrote: 2) Fang's at First Markham. Their bathroom is nicer than their dining area. Very bright, very clean, and well accessorized.
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
um ... do you mean Pho 88? I've never heard of Pho 99.

ETF-Commando wrote:the Vietnamese ones I been to in Mississauga (especially the Pho 99 franchises) those are clean! It's amazing!
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
umm ... they aren't extremely dirty but space is tight! I mean, the toilets are like inches from the door! At least they are in the ladies bathroom.

shadowfighta wrote:I think the washrooms in Pmall are decent. The one on the second floor with the statues and the parking garage washroom are actually pretty clean from my experience. Although I usually go during late night (probably after the janitors clean) and don't remember their condition during the day.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1696 posts
13 upvotes
felix wrote:umm ... that's because it's a brand new restaurant. That's the Shanghai restaurant with the big red logo right?
Hey felix, you're right it is the big red logo one. Its not that new however. Its been around for 2 years or so if not more. They just take pride in their establishment and try to put forth the best product possible.
Heatware: 40-0-0
Sep 16, 2004
57 posts
pho maxim up in waterloo (University Plaza) was closed down after health inspectors found meats on the floor, dried blood all around, crap being stored in the fridge with the food, rat dumpings etc etc.
Read an article in the local paper and shortly after they re-named themselves... but same ownership.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes
Fobulous wrote:Chinese malls for that matter are pretty nasty.
First Markham's smells
Metro's REALLY REALLY stinks

As for restaurants, Satay Rio, New World... all nasty

Two places whose bathroom deserves an honourable mention are:
1) Day and Night Steakhouse. Always clean, and very uniquely designed, esp, the women's.

2) Fang's at First Markham. Their bathroom is nicer than their dining area. Very bright, very clean, and well accessorized.
which washroom are u talking about at metro? i find the basement one to be very respectable, hardly anyone uses it. and everytime i go, it's clean.
market village has more than one washroom, the one at the front is also decent, i woudln't say clean but a lot better than pacific.
pacific...all 3 are horrible
FMP does smell but on occasion, it's also respectable