Asian restaurant washrooms

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2004 1:05 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 11, 2004
605 posts
1 upvote
I have to agree that restrooms at most Asian places are 'nastier' than their Western counterparts - but hey the trend is changing right??? And think about the conditions you would have to put up with in a restaurant in Asia - if they even have a bathroom at all... (remember the old 'squatter' toilets?)
[OP]
Aug 25, 2004
203 posts
East end Toronto
felix wrote:um ... do you mean Pho 88? I've never heard of Pho 99.

Nope, Pho 99. There's one downtown on Dundas West, in mississauga one by Dixie and Dundas in the Zellers plaza, and Eglinton and Hurontario in the Toys R Us plaza, and finally, Grand Park by Burnhampthorpe and Grand Park drive.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2004
1415 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
ETF-Commando wrote:Nope, Pho 99. There's one downtown on Dundas West, in mississauga one by Dixie and Dundas in the Zellers plaza, and Eglinton and Hurontario in the Toys R Us plaza, and finally, Grand Park by Burnhampthorpe and Grand Park drive.
the one downtown is closed down
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
26 upvotes
ETF-Commando wrote:I always hold my breath or think of my gf naked when I'm in these washrooms! LoL!! Takes my mind off of the nastiness of my current place that I am in!
I wonder if your gf knows that... She might get piss of (no pun intended) if she knows you think of her naked in those ugly stinky places..

IMHO, maybe you are a bit too sexual focused (i.e. Horny) in those places... :twisted:

All I know is I just wanted to get the hell outta there asap... Can't think of anything else.

flames > /dev/null
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2003
4062 posts
26 upvotes
Qube wrote:Wouldn't that make you piss all over the wall? :cheesygri
Or maybe he is not taking a leak with those thoughts?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
30110 posts
4798 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
ETF-Commando wrote:Nope, Pho 99. There's one downtown on Dundas West, in mississauga one by Dixie and Dundas in the Zellers plaza, and Eglinton and Hurontario in the Toys R Us plaza, and finally, Grand Park by Burnhampthorpe and Grand Park drive.
The one on Dundas in the Chinese Plaza near Tomken is actually Pho 88.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4831 posts
271 upvotes
not to mention basement bathrooms *shiver* those are scary, what was that restaurant downtown thats haunted or something? Bright Pearl i think it was?
Jun 20, 2004
434 posts
1 upvote
freakygirl wrote:no matter how "good" an asian restaurant is... their washroom are always nasty! it's a bit sad when you go to a "nice" asian restaurant, and then you see their washroom... :(

i find that non-asian restaurants actually take better care of their washrooms .... they're cleaner and some are actually elegantly designed..
Kind of like the original continent itself.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2941 posts
GVRD
ETF-Commando wrote:Doesn't anyone here think Asian restaurants, their washrooms are often sooo dirty? Like it's sooo nasty, and no one takes care of it. Makes me cringe when I have to go while I am at one. (Example, was at Walker Hill Korean BBQ on Hwy 7 opposite of Commerce last night, the men's washrooms were soo dirty! I been there 3 times and this is the only time I had to use the washrooms there..) They always smell, or have some very dirty brown crap or goo on the walls, floor, etc... I always hold my breath or think of my gf naked when I'm in these washrooms! LoL!! Takes my mind off of the nastiness of my current place that I am in! I'm just gonna not go to the washrooms in Chinese restaurants anymore, or, gonna go to the McDonald's closest to it since McDonald's have to have their washrooms clean, hehe. Afterall, they hire minimum wage paid students to clean them!

It's pretty much the same at any Chinese restaurants I know, the Vietnamese ones I been to in Mississauga (especially the Pho 99 franchises) those are clean! It's amazing!

You'd think those food inspectors that the federal government has running around would also rate washrooms too...

boy, your style of posting subtly racist postings is really similar to that banned unbanned guy cummer. I wonder if the mods will agree with me.
the man who trades freedom for security does not deserve
nor will receive either - benjamin franklin
[OP]
Aug 25, 2004
203 posts
East end Toronto
1st:

There's a Zellers in the Chinese plaza where Pho 88 is? DIXIE and DUNDAS, where Value Village is, where Zellers is, where that buffet is, where Radio Shack is.... :confused: ;)

2nd: Ronin, the thread is Asian restaurant washrooms, where in my posting does anyone find offensive to be racist? Is it not true McDonald's hire minimum wage students? I know, I worked there in my teens. Got paid $6.40 at the time. And is it not true that Chinese restaurants and Pacific Mall like the members here mentioned, their washrooms are unclean?? So to state a fact is racist...right, I will remember that one from now on.

If the mods think I'm racist for what I wrote, why don't they ban the lot of the other people who agreed and added to my comment?? :evil:
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
3307 posts
26 upvotes
First of all, I find McDonald's washrooms to be really dirty and they stink. It might depend on location though, this is true to the ones I've been to, I tend to avoid their washrooms, head over to Tim Hortons or something I need to.

Also, I've been to one restaurant downtown, and the washroom was horrible. It was in the basement, and dirty, that part didn't bother me too much, the part that really annoyed me was that the ceiling was about 5 feet high. I had to squat down kinda to take a piss.
Aug 12, 2004
449 posts
Amourek wrote:If you think the bathrooms are bad, what do you think the kitchens are like?
Exactly and well said. A good restaurant that keeps it washrooms clean probably keeps the kitchen clean.