• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2018 10:19 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1118 posts
43 upvotes
girlstar wrote: Thanks for sharing ;) I recall our photographer mentioned she was assisting with a Science Centre wedding a few weeks ago and I had never thought of it as a venue when she mentioned it. Sounds like a success! Congrats!

Our wedding was over the labor day weekend. I wonder if she was there.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
CharmyPoo wrote: Our wedding was over the labor day weekend. I wonder if she was there.
Quite possibly, we last met with her the Monday of that weekend :)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1118 posts
43 upvotes
Our photographer was Silvana from Impulse Photography but she wasn't assisting. I am guessing it was Sandy who was there with our videographer. She was a sweetheart and got some great shots too.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
Yep Sandy is our photographer :) We <3 her!

Tried to PM you about your wedding but it says your message box is at capacity and it won't let me send till you delete some lol :(
Mar 14, 2006
371 posts
193 upvotes
I apologize for bumping an old thread but I just wanted to see if there were any other reviews about Jacky and grand catering. Jacky provided us with the price of his menus and they seem reasonably priced, but how much room does he have for negotiation?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ricerz wrote: I apologize for bumping an old thread but I just wanted to see if there were any other reviews about Jacky and grand catering. Jacky provided us with the price of his menus and they seem reasonably priced, but how much room does he have for negotiation?

Good timing.

Our wedding (ie OP's) was Jan 21. Weather was gorgeous - was the only "not too warm, cold enough for an inch of snow, lots of sun for photos" saturday in January. I digress.

Jacky and staff were amazing. Food came out great, albeit a bit quick, so we asked him to slow down, which they did promptly.

Everyone had commented on the quality, presentation, amount of food.

Everything was exactly what had been discussed, no surprises.

For negotiation, it helped us a bit since we did a winter wedding.
May 5, 2010
107 posts
5 upvotes
We used Jacky for our wedding back in August 2010. He was very very accommodating with our budget.. and made several suggestions for us to stay on budget. We did an east meets west menu since it was only my family that was Chinese. He only catered until the main course.. and it was great. We were running ahead of schedule, and he was able to accommodate us accordingly. Food came out warmish (not piping hot) .. and he did cook on site. He cooked way more than needed.. and he packed it all up in take out containers for us to take home (there were a lot of containers!!).

He cooks on site.. and it's not easy to find a hall that allows a caterer to cook on-site.. so the halls were limited when we were searching. We ended up booking with The Jewel in Woodbridge.

As for La Rosa and MEC (both owned by the same company).. I didn't find their food that great from the weddings we went to. La Rosa was too dark and dated..and MEC is very limited in terms of #'s -- small (under 150) or large (300+), and our numbers were inbetween...
Jan 9, 2007
17 posts
Hey guys,

Sorry to fire up this thread again... seems like the right place to start this discussion abt jacky.

I've recently booked with jacky @ le jardin for Oct 2014. Anybody hosted there recently? I just want to see how the service and experience was like from a more recent stand point.

Thanks again guys...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5349 posts
2456 upvotes
sarz wrote: I've recently booked with jacky @ le jardin for Oct 2014. Anybody hosted there recently? I just want to see how the service and experience was like from a more recent stand point.
If you've already booked and presumably paid the deposit, then what difference does it make at this point to get people's opinions? Assuming that you already got referrals before booking, then you were probably already pretty confident with the guy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sarz wrote: Hey guys,

Sorry to fire up this thread again... seems like the right place to start this discussion abt jacky.

I've recently booked with jacky @ le jardin for Oct 2014. Anybody hosted there recently? I just want to see how the service and experience was like from a more recent stand point.

Thanks again guys...
We used Jacky @ Le Jardin for my wedding last year (as you can see from post #26 above). It was awesome. We were really happy with the venue, and the food was just impeccable. Couldn't be happier. Service was prompt, no issues. Guests left delightfully full and happy.

Congrats!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13051 posts
3737 upvotes
My sister is doing Le Jardin in April next year and my cousin also had Jacky for her wedding 2 yrs ago. I went to a paid tasting and was impressed by him. First time I saw him. I might seriously use him for my wedding too. We shall see how my sister's go but my impression was he was very accomodating and friendly and honest about what was used in the food and what we can change.

Crab claw was not good at my cousins but was amazing at the tasting. He sais they changed up their ingredients and the portions mixture.
Feb 16, 2012
9 posts
Toronto
Mulder and Scully wrote: If you've already booked and presumably paid the deposit, then what difference does it make at this point to get people's opinions? Assuming that you already got referrals before booking, then you were probably already pretty confident with the guy.
Usually when you book venues they give you a timeframe in which you can cancel without any penalties and you can get your deposit back!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18836 posts
1902 upvotes
Elmira
I know nothing about Jacky Young but just wanted to say Le Jardin is definitely one of the nicer halls I've been to, I like that place
Oct 19, 2010
57 posts
5 upvotes
Sorry for bumping this thread however I am wondering any newer reviews about Jacky Young from the Grand Catering and Le Jardin venue? I am looking into this combo for my wedding next year. Thank you!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)