• Sep 6th, 2017 10:49 am
Tags:
None
Dec 28, 2010
257 posts
84 upvotes
petitallegra wrote:
Jan 22nd, 2015 3:52 pm

I like to use straight vinegar as my glass and polish cleaner, tea tree oil, baking powder, as my abrasive, and I make my all-purpose cleaner myself. If I need to heavy duty clean an area, such as an oven, I will mix the vinegar and baking powder into a paste, and use that.

The recipe for all-purpose cleaner is very cheap and simple:
1/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
4 tbsp castille soap
3 drops tea tree oil (you can substitute a citrus oil if you don't like the smell of tea tree)
Shake the bottle, and you are good to go!
you use this on the black spots in a bathroom as well? Some are on the caulked parts
Actions speak louder than words
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
408 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
VESTEGAARD wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 4:04 pm
you use this on the black spots in a bathroom as well? Some are on the caulked parts
Yes, it's great for everything. It can be used on all surfaces. Keep in mind, if you have black mold, it's also staining, so while you may be able to clean it, there may be dark stain that remains behind.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1593 posts
138 upvotes
1/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
4 tbsp castille soap
3 drops tea tree oil (you can substitute a citrus oil if you don't like the smell of tea tree)

Would this formulae work in one of those swifter mops with a refillable reservoir for a linoleum floor in the kitchen/family room. Would it need a rinse as well? I don't want to go over the floor twice.
Thanks,
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
408 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
sam123 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2017 2:37 pm
1/4 cup vinegar
3/4 cup water
4 tbsp castille soap

Would this formulae work in one of those swifter mops with a refillable reservoir for a linoleum floor in the kitchen/family room. Would it need a rinse as well? I don't want to go over the floor twice.
Thanks,
For linoleum floors, I would reduce the castille to 2 TBSP and omit the tea tree oil. Otherwise it may be too slippery :)
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2006
4707 posts
870 upvotes
Toronto
Hey Op - Great thread! :)

By any chance, do u have any contacts for Richmond hill?
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
408 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
Pochacco wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 5:31 pm
Hey Op - Great thread! :)

By any chance, do u have any contacts for Richmond hill?
Thanks :) unfortunately I don't have any cleaning contacts, really at all, at this point.
The thing is most cleaners only hold their positions for 2-3 months. The turn over is extremely high, as most people who are cleaning just do it short-term until they move on to something else. After 10 years of being in this career, everyone I've worked with has moved on now. There are very few of us career cleaners out there :)
Mar 29, 2016
23 posts
1 upvote
Hey petitallegra,

I messaged you asking some info about a deep clean... (it was rather lengthy...) but just wondering if you got it?

thanks a lot :)
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
408 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
custard wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:21 pm
Hey petitallegra,

I messaged you asking some info about a deep clean... (it was rather lengthy...) but just wondering if you got it?

thanks a lot :)
Answered :) hope it helps!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3080 posts
324 upvotes
Hey petitallegra

I'm hoping for your help with cleaning a shower door. It's a plexiglass door and no matter what I try I can't get all the water marks/deposits off the door. What's your solution for hard to clean shower doors?

Thanks
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
408 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
Plexiglass is a different monster than glass. It does not like harsh chemicals, abrasive scrubbing, or hard water! It's very likely the water spots you are seeing are actually etched into the surface now. In fact, the harder you scrub, the more you damage it. Try running a very hot shower to create steam for 10 min, then give the whole thing a good spray with straight vinegar. Use a two sided sponge, with the rougher side, to give it a good, not hard, scrub. Follow with a castille soap all purpose cleaner , and wipe with a microfiber. That's about the harshest you can do, without scratching and clouding the surface.
Mar 29, 2016
23 posts
1 upvote
Hi petitallegra,

PMed you again about deep cleaning about a week ago but never heard a reply.. Was wondering - I find I often have problems logging in to redflag deals and it's not the best way to communicate. And - as I'm raising my rates and looking for more clients I am struggling with marketing... I am finding I have a lot of questions and could really use your help given how much experience you have!

Would you mind PMing me your email address or facebook? Might be a better way to communicate :) Would really appreciate it.
Feb 8, 2013
7 posts
Hey! Looking for someone for the south etobicoke area (Mimico). If you know of anyone who may be available to do a clean job once a month at a reasonable price and is good that will be great!

Thanks!
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
408 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga
Hi everyone, Sorry I was MIA for a while, we had a family emergency that I have been dealing with for the last few months, but I am starting to go back into my full service hopefully by the summer.
I will start getting to my inbox in the next week or so, thank you for being patient with me :)
Jul 18, 2012
225 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a cleaning service they would recommend in Oakville?