None
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
vivibaby wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 2:37 pm
I'm preparing to move into a preowned home. I notice that commercial cleaners advertise a "move in ready" type of cleaning. What do they do and is there a guide that I can follow? Thanks.

Otherwise known as a "move-in clean" This is a one time service for people moving in or out of a new home. Typically, this includes a more deep clean of things, and as the house is empty of possessions, interiors can be covered as well. This could include interior cabinets, closets, shelves, appliances. These cleans are substantially more expensive, as they take longer, and are harder labour. A few things to keep in mind: the cleaner should service the home BEFORE you move in. Ask your movers to lay paper on the floor, you will still need to do a vacuum/mop, but it should limit any major floor dirt. Plan for a min of 4-6 hours depending on the condition of the home. The cleaners DO NOT remove garbage or debris left behind, so make sure you give a quick scan after the previous owners, so anything they leave behind is gone, including inside the fridge!
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
Brookside05 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2017 4:55 pm
Thanks I'll try it.

Would you like to recommend a specific brush? I can only think of the one I'm using right now but I think it's too rough for the surface.
I like the scotchbrite brand nylon bristles, you can get them at Dollarama! Hooray for savings!
Oct 10, 2017
22 posts
6 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
Hello what should I be looking to pay for cleaning service? I am a single male, no children or pets and very tidy. I live in a 1200 sq/ft townhouse just north of Bradford. My biggest issue is maintenance cleaning. The place gets very dusty due to the laundry being on the second floor. If anyone can refer me to a cleaning lady local to me that would be great.
Nov 17, 2016
99 posts
101 upvotes
OP - can you share if you are getting any christmas extra pay from your customers. What is the amount ?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25373 posts
2741 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Vi20161128 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:35 am
OP - can you share if you are getting any christmas extra pay from your customers. What is the amount ?
That’s usually up to the discretion of the customer. I think $50 to a $100 is a good Christmas gift.
Dec 12, 2007
90 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Hi there

Do you also provide services for steam cleaning carpets and/or air ducts?

Thanks
Sep 11, 2006
989 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
I hear people use oven cleaner to clean metal bathtubs. Is this a disaster waiting to happen?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7313 posts
480 upvotes
Best way to reduce/avoid mold in caulking in a shower?

And best way to kill mold?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3004 posts
413 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
speedyforme wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 7:29 am
Best way to reduce/avoid mold in caulking in a shower?

And best way to kill mold?
Cant find a link to it but get some Vim Ultra Power Mould Remover. I picked mine up at shoppers. I tried all sorts of things this summer to remove mould. NOTHING worked until I got this stuff. To give you an idea how well it works, I sprayed it on, turned around to put the spray back in my pantry, had a quick 5-minute phone call. Went back into the bathroom and ALL of the mould was gone. I mean all of it. I was super bloody amazed.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7313 posts
480 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 7:37 am
Cant find a link to it but get some Vim Ultra Power Mould Remover. I picked mine up at shoppers. I tried all sorts of things this summer to remove mould. NOTHING worked until I got this stuff. To give you an idea how well it works, I sprayed it on, turned around to put the spray back in my pantry, had a quick 5-minute phone call. Went back into the bathroom and ALL of the mould was gone. I mean all of it. I was super bloody amazed.
Was the mould in grout or caulking or?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3004 posts
413 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Yes. Both. Also along the wall and ceiling line.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
Vi20161128 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:35 am
That depends on each customer. Usually, my clients who tip per service will add a bonus of the equivalent of one service during the holiday season. However, I also have a small amount of clients who will not tip throughout the year, and do a large bonus, which would be the equivalent of 4-5 services :) I typically get bonuses from clients twice a year, once at the holidays, and once in the spring/summer before they go on summer vaction. Of course, a tip is always appreciated, but never expected :)
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:11 pm
Hi there

Do you also provide services for steam cleaning carpets and/or air ducts?

Thanks
No, those are completely different processes :)
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
DIrty-D wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 9:24 pm
I hear people use oven cleaner to clean metal bathtubs. Is this a disaster waiting to happen?
I don't recommend it, as it eats the enamel which protects the tub in the first place. To be honest, I am not sure what exactly could happen in a tub that would require that level of chemical? Even the thickest soap scum can be removed with steam, and a good scrub brush with generous amounts of cleaning solution.