• Nov 17th, 2017 10:06 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 17, 2016
99 posts
101 upvotes
petitallegra wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 1:13 am
That depends on each customer. Usually, my clients who tip per service will add a bonus of the equivalent of one service during the holiday season. However, I also have a small amount of clients who will not tip throughout the year, and do a large bonus, which would be the equivalent of 4-5 services :) I typically get bonuses from clients twice a year, once at the holidays, and once in the spring/summer before they go on summer vaction. Of course, a tip is always appreciated, but never expected :)
Thank you!
Hi, could you please clarify "tip per service" statement. So you have agreed on price with your clients and they tip on top of that? Would you mind telling what is percentage of tipping - 15-18% like restaurant?
I am giving my cleaing service just one "Christmas" bonus equal to one visit, so what you said about your experience I am doing the right thing. I never thought about spring/summer bonus.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
Vi20161128 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 8:22 am
Thank you!
Hi, could you please clarify "tip per service" statement. So you have agreed on price with your clients and they tip on top of that? Would you mind telling what is percentage of tipping - 15-18% like restaurant?
I am giving my cleaing service just one "Christmas" bonus equal to one visit, so what you said about your experience I am doing the right thing. I never thought about spring/summer bonus.

Tip per service: Yes, so if my rate is $160, I would receive $10-$15 extra per service, then usually $160 holiday/summer bonus. Or, they would pay $160 per service, but my holiday bonus would be $300-$350.
Sep 1, 2006
81 posts
24 upvotes
Hi Petitallegra,

Thank you so much for this amazing thread!! I'm soon moving into an almost brand new home (we gutted most of it) and I'm determined to try to keep it clean. Can you please share your cleaning mixes/brands/tools you would use for maintenance cleaning? Ie. All purpose cleaner, cleaning mirrors, toilets, hardwood floor, quartz countertop, sink, ss appliances. Thanks in advance!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25466 posts
2767 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
suppi wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:22 am
Hi Petitallegra,

Thank you so much for this amazing thread!! I'm soon moving into an almost brand new home (we gutted most of it) and I'm determined to try to keep it clean. Can you please share your cleaning mixes/brands/tools you would use for maintenance cleaning? Ie. All purpose cleaner, cleaning mirrors, toilets, hardwood floor, quartz countertop, sink, ss appliances. Thanks in advance!
Post number 10

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ask-cle ... #p21373619
Temp. Banned
Apr 6, 2016
277 posts
8 upvotes
I use a method of unclogging a toilet which works 90% of the time.
Fill a 5 gal pal with water , Fill the bowl to the highest level possible and keep adding as the level lowers.
Repeat 2 or 3 times if necessary
The weight of the water is usually enough to force its way through the clog.
I dislike cleaning a plunger after use and do not have a laundry sink (new 2 bdrm detached)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1589 posts
162 upvotes
Newmarket
There is some great advice in this post!
Thank you petitallegra!
I have a question about my ss fridge. There are some sort of cloudy stains all over the lower part of the door and they just won’t go away. I tried dish soap, I tried vinegar and water and they’re still there. Any ideas what these are and how to remove them?

I used the polishing foam for years and just stopped recently....I’m wondering if these spots are from the foam build up?
I feel like going back to the foam as it makes the fridge look less splotchy but I’d rather not as I would like to figure out a way to be able to use just water to polish it.
Last edited by jelena-c on Nov 6th, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15155 posts
1104 upvotes
Thornhill
Hi!

Thanks for the great thread. Any suggestions for cleaning crayon off tile? I’ve tried Goo B Gone and it doesn’t seem to get everything off...

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1589 posts
162 upvotes
Newmarket
t3359 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:02 pm
Hi!

Thanks for the great thread. Any suggestions for cleaning crayon off tile? I’ve tried Goo B Gone and it doesn’t seem to get everything off...

bjl
Have you tried magic eraser?
Sep 29, 2011
21 posts
1 upvote
Quebec
HI petitallegra , great thread,

Do you have any tips to remove grease marks (just finger oil from opening/closing the doors) on dark brown melamine kitchen cabinet doors?

Thanks!
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
jelena-c wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 9:24 pm
There is some great advice in this post!
Thank you petitallegra!
I have a question about my ss fridge. There are some sort of cloudy stains all over the lower part of the door and they just won’t go away. I tried dish soap, I tried vinegar and water and they’re still there. Any ideas what these are and how to remove them?

I used the polishing foam for years and just stopped recently....I’m wondering if these spots are from the foam build up?
I feel like going back to the foam as it makes the fridge look less splotchy but I’d rather not as I would like to figure out a way to be able to use just water to polish it.
So, just like SS sinks, there are different gauges and materials in SS Fridges. Not all SS is truly made from steel! So, depending on the quality of the SS, different cleaning solutions yield different results. An easy test is putting a magnet on the surface. If it doesn't stay, its in fact real SS. If the magnet stays, its not true steel.
Once you've determined the material, a few things about cleaning. If its true SS, you should not use any oil products. It will darken the SS over time, as well as create a patchy haze. It cannot be removed. The best cleaner for this type of SS is vinegar/water, or windex, as it has amonnia. If its fake SS, then the SS cleaners on the market (oil based) will be your best bet.
If you take a photo of the hazy spot, I can better determine what happened.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
guillaume019 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 12:02 pm
HI petitallegra , great thread,

Do you have any tips to remove grease marks (just finger oil from opening/closing the doors) on dark brown melamine kitchen cabinet doors?

Thanks!
Simple solution is windex. Vinegar/water will also do the trick. Depending on the build up, you may need to use a kitchen sponge, on the rough side. If its really not lifting, use a small amount of vim.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
jelena-c wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 7:48 am
Have you tried magic eraser?
Just a note with magic eraser, these are petroleum based sponges, which leave a chemical residue. On a tile, it will not be an issue to rinse afterwards, but be careful when using on other household surfaces.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
433 posts
204 upvotes
Mississauga
t3359 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:02 pm
Hi!

bjl
Non-bleach vim with a scotch brite sponge, on the rough side, and lots of elbow grease :)