• May 19th, 2017 4:41 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3044 posts
1074 upvotes
Edmonton
Nyaxite wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:22 am
I've been checking Credit Karma almost weekly since it happened. It's at 690 now, but I'd really rather it be back to where it was as I could be applying for a mortgage soon. Nothing else should be affecting it as I don't have any debts currently; though I did close a credit card a couple weeks ago that I'd been holding for several years but hasn't been used in years either.
So do you still see a missed payment or anything when you drill into that account in CreditKarma?

C
Oct 23, 2013
69 posts
33 upvotes
CNeufeld wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:31 am
So do you still see a missed payment or anything when you drill into that account in CreditKarma?

C
Under Koodo, I see: Worst payment status 30-59 Days Late.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
3044 posts
1074 upvotes
Edmonton
Nyaxite wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:39 am
Under Koodo, I see: Worst payment status 30-59 Days Late.
Well, there's your problem. Koodo hasn't "fixed" anything. So they're still reporting your late payment. The only entity that can remove that is Koodo, so you'll have to get in touch with them. Try to get something in writing, that you can send to TransUnion if you need to. Speak to a manager if you need to escalate.

C
Mar 30, 2009
344 posts
41 upvotes
Windsor
amitdi wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 1:15 pm
I asked something in ask me anything, but got nothing...Face Screaming In Fear
Unless they've changed things post TD acquisition, no to both 1 and 2. But it's probably best to ask them before doing so.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1592 posts
96 upvotes
How will going from a regular pay job to self employed affect lenders offers as far as credit limits and such, if the switch has just been made, annual income won't yet be known...
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1158 posts
175 upvotes
Montreal
Let's say that I'm a Financial Institution. What information do I get doing a hard pull from a customer credit file that I don't get with a soft pull?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4029 posts
396 upvotes
iamthebest wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:38 pm
Let's say that I'm a Financial Institution. What information do I get doing a hard pull from a customer credit file that I don't get with a soft pull?
Soft pulls usually include name. addresses, and possibly a credit rating of poor, good, excellent.

hard pulls, shows all credit lines and balances owing as of last months reporting, credit scores as per there agreed terms with credit agency and model paid for.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4029 posts
396 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 7:43 pm
How will going from a regular pay job to self employed affect lenders offers as far as credit limits and such, if the switch has just been made, annual income won't yet be known...
Reality unless a loan that checks employment, etc. like a car loan or mortgage they will ask for more paper work, proof of 3 months is usually sufficient.

Credit cards, don;t verify your income or spouses just what you put on paper, They pull credit scores and work on that.

Plus credit reporting agencies( equifax/transunion ) do not use income in any calculations of credit score.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4029 posts
396 upvotes
Nyaxite wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:14 am
I had Koodo as a phone plan provider for several years and always paid on time. I moved to another company in November last year. I had a small amount to pay (~$5, that I wasn't notified about) from Koodo after the transfer and paid it off.

In February this year, Koodo calls to tell me that I still had a tab owing that I haven't paid off (~$60). I thought this had already been paid. I never received any notifications about this amount owing, unlike previous bills from Koodo. I paid it off immediately, then checked my credit score to see it went from 750 to 620. I called them to complain and they assured me that the matter would be resolved in a month. It's been well over a month now and it's still nowhere near where it should be.

Is there anything I can do, or should I even be concerned?
usually a bump of 100+ means collections on report, even 30,60,90,120 late do not affect score that bad.

Any other possible people you owe money to? Or have you applied for credit numerous times since.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2012
1592 posts
96 upvotes
theguyz wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 9:56 pm
Reality unless a loan that checks employment, etc. like a car loan or mortgage they will ask for more paper work, proof of 3 months is usually sufficient.

Credit cards, don;t verify your income or spouses just what you put on paper, They pull credit scores and work on that.

Plus credit reporting agencies( equifax/transunion ) do not use income in any calculations of credit score.
I've actually had cc company ask me to verify my income before when I received a significant increase one year. And they've also seemed reluctant other times to simply accept my word on my income.

So if an individual is recently self employed, how does the cc issuer deal with income or assessing credit limit?
Feb 17, 2017
36 posts
19 upvotes
dtm252535 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:33 pm
I've actually had cc company ask me to verify my income before when I received a significant increase one year. And they've also seemed reluctant other times to simply accept my word on my income.

So if an individual is recently self employed, how does the cc issuer deal with income or assessing credit limit?
If you've been self employed for more than a year, I know BMO would sometimes for last years income report from the revenue agency. If you haven't filled a return, probably last 3 months bank statements.
Dec 25, 2012
1 posts
Toronto
Hello,

Basically my score has been pretty stable for the last year, it went up to 832 in February this year (I am checking via Mogo) and suddenly in March it dropped to 657!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I didn't take any loans, in fact I paid off OSAP last month. I did apply for a new Visa from Amazon 4 days ago, but would that cause a drop by 175 points?

This is pretty shocking. What should I do? Please help.

Thank you!
Oct 23, 2013
69 posts
33 upvotes
theguyz wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 10:02 pm
usually a bump of 100+ means collections on report, even 30,60,90,120 late do not affect score that bad.

Any other possible people you owe money to? Or have you applied for credit numerous times since.
No, I can't think of anything. I don't have any debt or outstanding payments that I can think of, other than the small amount coming from this event (which I've paid). I've emailed Koodo to resolve the matter. The only other thing I can think of is that I had someone take over my car lease a couple years ago. As far as I'm aware, it's in good standing. Nothing else is showing from the credit report.
Nov 3, 2010
90 posts
I currently have about 7 credit cards that are currently open and of those credit cards I would like to close 4 of those which I had opened last year in May. My question is if I close all 4 of these cc would they negatively effect my credit score. I am not using any of these cards so there is no balance on them.

How should I proceed to ensure that I don't get hit hard on my credit scores.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4029 posts
396 upvotes
xGoodwillx wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:46 am
I currently have about 7 credit cards that are currently open and of those credit cards I would like to close 4 of those which I had opened last year in May. My question is if I close all 4 of these cc would they negatively effect my credit score. I am not using any of these cards so there is no balance on them.

How should I proceed to ensure that I don't get hit hard on my credit scores.

Closing cards will have an effect on credit score in 2 ways.

Since you stated these 4 cards where opened last year, these will affect your average age of credit, by only giving you a year to your calculation.

As well now your utilization will be increased as your combined credit limit will be lowered if you hold any balances currently on any card. Example all 7 cards credit = 10k, you hold balance of 5k your utilization is 50%, if you close 4 cards that have limits combined of 4 k, your balance of 5k with 6 k limit would be utilization of 83%.

Now if you keep no or low balance balance I would not worry, as score will rebound from closed cards within 3-6 months.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel