I posted this in another thread and it's a reply to the benefits comment:
No - as a previous FSWEP (unless they have changed the rules now), you are NOT entitled to benefits because you are NOT a civil servant. I think they pay you 4% of vacation pay. All of this can be found in your contract and you can also speak to your manager. Think of FSWEP as a paid internship.
* Just as a side note, you cannot apply through internal job postings if you are contracted as an FSWEP.
** If I am wrong, someone correct me. I was an FSWEP from 2011-2014.
Also some other tips:
- You cannot be an FSWEP or should you bother applying to the program if you've graduated and not planning to go back to school (check the PSR that opens in October)
- You can be an FSWEP if you are returning to school on a FULL-TIME basis **Proof of enrolment is ALWAYS required**
- If you are currently an FSWEP and decide to go back to school PART-TIME or take some time off, your contract will be cancelled
- If you are currently an FSWEP and graduating soon, going part-time, or taking time off you MAY be able to work but will moved to a "casual" contract (no benefits)
These are some points I learned from my department but some may not apply. Always check with your manager/department for more info.