Automotive

Ask me anything about fighting your traffic ticket (Speeding, Parking, etc.)

Aug 11, 2011
265 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys,

So i had my 2nd trial date - cop showed again - i requested a stay due to improper disclosure(hand written notes). Prosecutor argued that i did receive disclosure at my first trial. I then argued that it was hand written and not legible, and i requested 4 times before that the disclosure be typed up. Prosecutor then told me to talk to cop and go over in detail about the ticket. JP adjourned for a 3rd trial date so i can review disclosure. I stated that i still have not received proper disclosure, and would like to stay the trial. JP said there is a procedure to request a stay (i have to submit paperwork before hand).

So now, do i request a stay formally, even though i have 'verbal' notes from the officer? Or just go to plan B and C, which is hope cop dosen't show and or go to trial and argue my case (handheld device ticket).
Thx
Aug 7, 2018
2 posts
Hi, sorry I didn’t specify. I got a violation ticket in BC city of Burnaby, for use an electronic device 214.2 (1); change lanes over solid lane 151(b)
I had gps on my phone, but I was not holding the phone. It was laying in the cup holder.
And I was lost in the area trying to find my way, once realized it was my turn safely changed lanes.
Thank you much!
P.s. I called the officer today for evidence and left a voicemail..
May 1, 2011
93 posts
22 upvotes
Super quick question for submitting Form 4F in person, when you say 15 days before trial, do you mean 15 business days? or 15 days including weekends?
Aug 10, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Today I got ticket from Quebec Cop 483$ for drove my car with Ontario License.what I have to do now ,dear friends any suggestions?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3026 posts
1168 upvotes
jithinlohi wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 8:22 pm
Today I got ticket from Quebec Cop 483$ for drove my car with Ontario License.what I have to do now ,dear friends any suggestions?
Wuuuuuuuuut????? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes for driving with an Ontario license? Really??? Bwhahaha... Trolling? Or I am really missing something?
Aug 10, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
DoorCrasher wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 10:59 pm
Wuuuuuuuuut????? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes for driving with an Ontario license? Really??? Bwhahaha... Trolling? Or I am really missing something?

Actually am an international student in Cegep ,before I was in ontario.my car now registered in Quebec.when I asked Saac they told me as in International student you can use Ontario license in Quebec .but unfortunately I got an huge fine from Quebec cop today .
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3026 posts
1168 upvotes
jithinlohi wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 11:09 pm
Actually am an international student in Cegep ,before I was in ontario.my car now registered in Quebec.when I asked Saac they told me as in International student you can use Ontario license in Quebec .but unfortunately I got an huge fine from Quebec cop today .
If your living adress is in Qc. I think that you must have a Qc. driving license. If your adress is in Ontario, then no issue. License plate from Ontario is not an issue as well. How come you have Ontario driver license if you live in Qc? BTW did'nt knew that CEGEP made business with foreing students, that's great
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3026 posts
1168 upvotes
If I understand the issue here is the adress on your driver licence does not reflect reality. No luck, Bro, but the law is the law. You have 30 days to change your adress regiteres at the SAAQ
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2008
4770 posts
3530 upvotes
Montreal
DoorCrasher wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 11:15 pm
If your living adress is in Qc. I think that you must have a Qc. driving license. If your adress is in Ontario, then no issue. License plate from Ontario is not an issue as well. How come you have Ontario driver license if you live in Qc? BTW did'nt knew that CEGEP made business with foreing students, that's great
This is it. If you have taken residence in QC, which I assume he has (or used someone else's address, which is the same the thing) since he has a QC plate, then the license has to be switched as well. His scenario is only valid if he has not taken up residence in QC. Question is what did he do to get stopped initially.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3026 posts
1168 upvotes
ottofly wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 11:28 pm
This is it. If you have taken residence in QC, which I assume he has (or used someone else's address, which is the same the thing) since he has a QC plate, then the license has to be switched as well. His scenario is only valid if he has not taken up residence in QC. Question is what did he do to get stopped initially.
Good question. Answer will probably help to understand why he got a $483 ticket. Also, the adress on the driver's license must match the address ont the registration certificate if they are emitted to te same person. I can drive an Ontario plated car in Qc. with my Qc driver's license as long as the car is not registered to my name like U-Haul trucks who is plated in Arizona, by example
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
7330 posts
4232 upvotes
Edmonton
lollol wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 12:19 am
Is it a waste of time to ask questions regarding traffic tickets issued in BC in this thread? No response at all...
So what have you done so far? Request a trial, request your disclosure, and post back when you get it. There’s no secret words you can say to get the ticket thrown out. None of what you’ve said so far is a defense, and the justice system won’t care much about your desire to keep a clean record.

C
Aug 10, 2018
6 posts
1 upvote
Yes sir , last year I was in Ontario as a student .now am in Quebec as a student.anyway as a student 483$ fine is too much for me now .

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)